St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship. 5/8/17

shull

1 hour ago, Liverpool Bud said:

1-0 Saints and its a last minute winner from Jack Ross who has subbed himself on in the final few minutes of the game to celebrate his new contract

And then get sent off after running off pitch to celebrate by hugging and kissing with TopCat. 

Glad to have the proper football season back first of all!

I do feel we are going in fairly under-prepared for the season ahead.  The League Cup campaign was very disappointing and I haven't seen anything to suggest we have replaced the likes of Mallan and to a lesser degree Loy with players who can compete at this level.

I would put us down for a 4th or 5th place finish this season, would expect Dundee United, Falkirk and Dunfermline to finish ahead of us.

Having said that we will be a stronger team once Davis and Magennis are back fit, and I would still hope for a new face or two to come in soon given that Quinn has been released.

So....very interested to see how we compete tomorrow.  Get a win and I'll be back on here touting us for the title!

buying tickets online is shocking, trying to check out and just keeps saying page cannot be displayed, will have to buy them tomorrow, anyone know which block they will sell you west stand tickets for if you buy em from the window?

Edited by Scook

buying tickets online is shocking, trying to check out and just keeps saying page cannot be displayed, will have to buy them tomorrow, anyone know which block they will sell you west stand tickets for if you buy em from the window?

Probably W1 or W2, last I checked online when I bought mine most of the other stands in the West Stand were full.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

FxSake, I took Falkirk at 19/10. :(

I don't get it, backing against the team you claim to support. 

So who do you actually want to win tomorrow then ?

I want St Mirren to win, but I would gladly accept a draw if it is enough to f**k up your bet.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't get it, backing against the team you claim to support. 

So who do you actually want to win tomorrow then ?

I want St Mirren to win, but I would gladly accept a draw if it is enough to f**k up your bet.

You don't bet much do you?

I bet to win money, let's leave any sentimental shit on the side lines.

If St Mirren win I'm happy, if they lose I'm rich, if it's a draw, who gives a fcuk. :byebye

Falkirk now sold 800+ tickets, should be a decent crowd of 4200-4700 although the official attendance will have people thinking wtf.

Will go for a score draw with Morgan being out top man this season if we can make it to the end of August without a serious offer coming in for him.

3v2 Saints with goals from Somner, Gunni and Iwelumo with Stainrod and Baptie countering for Falkirk in front of 12,000 delirious fans who all paid £3 admission. Enough of Shull' s dream therapy though and back in the real world a hard fought 2v2 draw. Can't beat 2.55 on opening day. Everyone's hopes and dreams still intact no matter your expectations, probably the seasons Nirvana for most but it's why we all trot back year after year.

Really looking forward to the game. Taking my son and nephew to the game so bringing along a small fortune to fund the hot dog and drinks frenzy. At least the queues won't be too big with us getting the whole West Stand.

Prior to that I am heading out to Ralston for 1pm to watch my other nephew play for St Mirren against Morton in their first game of the season.

The weather will be decent so should see a good crowd of over 4,500 at St Mirren Park generating a great atmosphere.

St Mirren 1 Falkirk 1
Crowd 4,798