St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship. 5/8/17

shull

1 minute ago, davidg said:

Big Ross Stewart did really well again when he came off the bench. It's great to have an option like him, he offers something different and is really awkward to play against. 

Aye, and as my mate said at the time, he has good feet for a big, rangy lad.

Yes, he's a bit raw, and could do with filling out a bit, but I reckon he'll do well for us.

30 minutes ago, Drew said:

It is satisfying to confirm from the goals video clip that the Stelios goal most certainly wasn't 'out of nothing'.

I await the return of Top Cat with a frank acknowledgement of his error in this regard.

I fear it might be a long wait. Tick tock, indeed....

Also, if we're talking about Samson not tipping the ball over and trying to palm it clear costing us a goal - have a look at about three errors from St Mirren players before that in the immediate run-up to the Loy shot... including a crap attempt at an interception from Irvine, a guy who had a great game and did well while treading carefully on a yellow card. Imagine anyone starting a thread to simply blame our keeper after a 3-1 come from behind win. Oh, hold on, some daft cnut did.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Also, if we're talking about Samson not tipping the ball over and trying to palm it clear costing us a goal - have a look at about three errors from St Mirren players before that in the immediate run-up to the Loy shot... including a crap attempt at an interception from Irvine, a guy who had a great game and did well while treading carefully on a yellow card. Imagine anyone starting a thread to simply blame our keeper after a 3-1 come from behind win. Oh, hold on, some daft cnut did.

Indeed.

The irony is that shull is happy to refer to Samson as a cup winning legend elsewhere yet would happily see him bagged after the first league game of the season.

Tiresome drivel.

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

We were playing well in the 5 minutes leading up to the goal. As I posted yesterday, it was coming.

The very fact that the goal came from an excellent pass by Reilly, whereas TC claimed it was a break of the ball or something to that effect, further confirms his tiresome tendency to downplay positives to further his bizarre agenda.

And you revel in any opportunity, with the pack, to jump in with the tiresome tendency of point scoring. <_<

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Have a good look at yourself. :byebye

#deflection

Deflection? :lol:

Don't know about you, but I can think of few worse ways to spend a day off work than engaging in a pointless tit for tat exchange on here.

Ta ta.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Happy days...

IMG_0153.PNG

You'll have no forum left at this rate :lol:

Thought the turning point yesterday was when we realised that neither of their fullbacks could defend. Morgan and Stelios overlapping was great to see, thought Reilly was great. McGinn and McShane can almost stroll it at this level. 

On Samson - he did well overall, distribution could be improved, job for Langfi... err, aye.

With the style of football we play, we're going to score plenty and lose a few too. At least it's fun to watch!

Onwards to Greenock

16 hours ago, Drew said:

If Reilly plays like that every week, we will have landed an absolute gem. His work rate was outstanding, and he can play a bit too!

I thought Sutton was great today. A really excellent performance by the big man. We MUST keep him.

McGinn played the captain's role superbly. He absolutely bossed the midfield after the shaky first quarter.

Overall, I thought that was a cracking game of football. Great, morale boosting start to the season.

I'm loving my fitba again. Happy days! :)

No reason why this guy can't play like that every week:D

834BCD1E-D330-45B3-BC42-0DF5431D28D6-500-00000086C4A45B7F.jpeg

Game changed on the decision to get Morgan to switch wings. After that it was like watching the last 3 months of last season all over again. Sutton and Reilly were superb, totally bullied the Falkirk defence. Surprised McShane hasn't had more mentions thought he was fantastic doing all the dirty work in tandem with McGinn that won us the midfield battle. Play like that every week and we will not be far away. Roll on Cappielow, another big test.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Game changed on the decision to get Morgan to switch wings. After that it was like watching the last 3 months of last season all over again. Sutton and Reilly were superb, totally bullied the Falkirk defence. Surprised McShane hasn't had more mentions thought he was fantastic doing all the dirty work in tandem with McGinn that won us the midfield battle. Play like that every week and we will not be far away. Roll on Cappielow, another big test.

Agree, Morgan certainly made a difference on the right. I think Ross identified early on that the Falkirk right back had pace to match Morgan but the left back didnt. Indeed in the second half it was interesting to note that when Morgan got the ball Falkirk quickly doubled (& on occasion treble!)  up on him , creating gaps in the middle for us to exploit.

Good observation early on from the management in my book :thumbs2

18 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Agree, Morgan certainly made a difference on the right. I think Ross identified early on that the Falkirk right back had pace to match Morgan but the left back didnt. Indeed in the second half it was interesting to note that when Morgan got the ball Falkirk quickly doubled (& on occasion treble!)  up on him , creating gaps in the middle for us to exploit.

Morgan absolutely terrorised the lad Gallagher. The lad looked shit-scared every time Lewis had the ball.

Most entertaining:)

2 hours ago, davidg said:

Big Ross Stewart did really well again when he came off the bench. It's great to have an option like him, he offers something different and is really awkward to play against. 

Here's the thing. He seems to have an instinct of being in the vicinity of where the ball drops in and around the area and that's something you really either have or you don't, it generally can't be taught.

If he works on the technical aspect of his game, he's going to be a very important player for us in the next couple of years.

Totally agree.
Morgan gave us the offensive option we had lacked before he was switched, and that was the game changer.

Contender for my motm.

Great tactical switch by Jack.

Here's the thing. He seems to have an instinct of being in the vicinity of where the ball drops in and around the area and that's something you really either have or you don't, it generally can't be taught.
If he works on the technical aspect of his game, he's going to be a very important player for us in the next couple of years.

Yup... I think there could very well be a special talent in there.

Great awareness and surprisingly nimble feet. By the end of this season he could well be the hero that secured promotion!

Isn't it great to have a winning team. I wasn't there yesterday but a win from behind against one of the better teams in the league...could this be a special season ahead?

For all I disagree with TC at times good to see a balanced post summarising the game. For those who didn't hear it Alex Rae was on Off the Ball yesterday and was asked why JR was successful where he failed. he said his win rate was the same as Jack Ross' at present. Also said he still gets some stick from Saints fans. Blamed high squad turn over, change of board, lack of money, loss of x2 physios and Longwell for the relative lack of success comparatively with JR (after pointing out the win ratio first). I think we have to thank him for survival first time round but it is time to move on and accept that we seem to have a very special management team and squad at present and we should be looking forward and not back...

Isn't it great to have a winning team. I wasn't there yesterday but a win from behind against one of the better teams in the league...could this be a special season ahead?

For all I disagree with TC at times good to see a balanced post summarising the game. For those who didn't hear it Alex Rae was on Off the Ball yesterday and was asked why JR was successful where he failed. he said his win rate was the same as Jack Ross' at present. Also said he still gets some stick from Saints fans. Blamed high squad turn over, change of board, lack of money, loss of x2 physios and Longwell for the relative lack of success comparatively with JR (after pointing out the win ratio first). I think we have to thank him for survival first time round but it is time to move on and accept that we seem to have a very special management team and squad at present and we should be looking forward and not back...

Agreed.

I do think Rae helped stability.

Where I disagree with him is that he seems to think we spunked cash that he wasn't goven access to... I believe it was more a case of Ross being creative in the market.

He also thinks he would have come good.

I believe his insistence on sticking to a 442 with no central midfield and Mallan devoid of confidence was the main reason for his departure.

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And you revel in any opportunity, with the pack, to jump in with the tiresome tendency of point scoring. <_<

When you bang the drum more than once expect criticism which he more than deserves. What has Jack Ross got to prove before TopCat's jugment can be changed. The first league game of the season started how last season's finished everyone can see it and feel it in the stadium, yesterday was very pleasing.