Vuelta 2017 - I'm red al(red)y!

Bud the Baker

24 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

He has been masking his potential since he was 12yrs . .

It's only since his mid-20's he's been top class - he puts his dramatic improvement down to the discovery and successful treatment of the parasite bilharzia.

Froome has admitted to taking extra Salbutamol during the race as his asthma worsened - here's an article on how his usage and subsequent blood levels might have occurred...........

http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/brief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result/

I'm no doctor, but allegedly if you have bilharzia you can't be asthmatic.

Besides, it doesn't matter if it's performance enhancing. He has broken the rules. If it was a rookie he would be banned, no question.

Seems odd that he was twice the permitted level. Almost as if he fecked up with his timing of his blood bag. But SKY are cleaner than clean so that's obviously not what happened...

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's only since his mid-20's he's been top class - he puts his dramatic improvement down to the discovery and successful treatment of the parasite bilharzia.

Froome has admitted to taking extra Salbutamol during the race as his asthma worsened - here's an article on how his usage and subsequent blood levels might have occurred...........

http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/brief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result/

Guys like him are a rarity , they are born with the ability despite the illness. I worked with a guy who grew up in Africa , everytime he got a bit of a cold he reckoned he had bilharzia. .

48 minutes ago, Irate-Pirate said:

I'm no doctor, but allegedly if you have bilharzia you can't be asthmatic.

Besides, it doesn't matter if it's performance enhancing. He has broken the rules. If it was a rookie he would be banned, no question.

Seems odd that he was twice the permitted level. Almost as if he fecked up with his timing of his blood bag. But SKY are cleaner than clean so that's obviously not what happened...

Alessandro Petacchi missed a TDF over a similar problem with too much salbutamol . However , it was deemed to have been human error that he had over done it and he got absolved . It will be interesting to see what happens but I think it is wrong to condemn him at this point . .

Guest TPAFKATS
Alessandro Petacchi missed a TDF over a similar problem with too much salbutamol . However , it was deemed to have been human error that he had over done it and he got absolved . It will be interesting to see what happens but I think it is wrong to condemn him at this point . .
Yeah, I don't think sky are whiter than white. I'm also not a great fan of Froome although at least he ain't wiggins.
Despite that, I'm not condemning until there's evidence of doping and illegal performance enhancing.

It's not like he ate a dodgy steak [emoji87]

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, I don't think sky are whiter than white. I'm also not a great fan of Froome although at least he ain't wiggins.
Despite that, I'm not condemning until there's evidence of doping and illegal performance enhancing.

It's not like he ate a dodgy steak emoji87.png

I don't really have a problem with Wiggins , the guy is a bit arrogant but maybe he needed to be like that to succeed . It takes huge commitment and ability to even get onto a Tour team , never mind win the bloody thing , which is one of the reasons it took over 100yrs for a Brit to win the f**ker. I'm very reluctant to dis someone like that . .

Even though Legstrong was a bit unsavoury and took illegal drugs , the guy did overcome cancer and came back to win the Tour. . personally , none of the guys that l have known that got cancer survived . .

Whilst , I don't condone what Legstrong did , I still wouldn't condemn him. .nor Wiggins