St Mirren v East Kilbride Challenge Cup 1st Round 15/8/17

shull

SEASON TICKETS URNAE VALID, THEY WERE LAST SEASON

24 July 2017

IRN-BRU Cup Tie Tickets - On Sale from 25th July

SMFC Webteam
 Matchday Information

Tickets for St Mirren’s upcoming IRN-BRU Cup, 1st Round tie against East Kilbride go on sale at 10:00am tomorrow (Tuesday 25th July).

Saints face the Lowland League side at The Paisley 2021 Stadium on Tuesday 15th August.

On the evening of the match there will be a ‘Mixed Zone’ in the Family Stand as East Kilbride fans with their family and friends will join the St Mirren fans in the South Stand. St Mirren Season Ticket holders in the South Stand will also have the option of moving to either the Main Stand or the West Stand for that evening’s match.

Seats for Season Ticket holders in all stands will be held until midnight on 8th August, afterwards all remaining seats will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

The match and tickets info is as follows:

St Mirren v East Kilbride
IRN-BRU Cup, 1st Round
Venue: Paisley 2021 Stadium, Paisley
Date: Tuesday 15th August 2017
Kick-off: 7:45pm

Season Tickets ARE NOT valid for this game.

Match is all ticket – tickets will be on sale (subject to availability) UNTIL KICK OFF.

Ticket Prices

Adult – £12
OAP (over 65) – £6
Full-Time Student* – £6
Child (Under 18) – £6

* Students must have valid ID as proof of status.

The EK fans in the family stand? I would rather they were in our stand as at least there is definite segregation.

The game itself. East Kilbride are potentially a club as big as us and bigger than the likes of Saintees, Morton, Livingston etc. I don't know how good they are but they certainly have the population to compete with many. I'll be an interested observer to see how far they can go. In this instance, I hope, not very far.

51 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

East Kilbride are potentially a club as big as us and bigger than the likes of Saintees, Morton, Livingston etc. I don't know how good they are but they certainly have the population to compete with many. I'll be an interested observer to see how far they can go.

The "new town" teams have little or no chance of developing into a force in Scottish fitba.  The people who were decamped into the new towns, both east and west, all had club affiliations before they got their front and back door.  They were the overspill from the big cities and it was mostly Glasgow and Edinburgh teams they remained with, sadly. 

2 hours ago, rabuddies said:

The "new town" teams have little or no chance of developing into a force in Scottish fitba.  The people who were decamped into the new towns, both east and west, all had club affiliations before they got their front and back door.  They were the overspill from the big cities and it was mostly Glasgow and Edinburgh teams they remained with, sadly. 

I definitely wouldn't say no chance. They certainly are at a disadvantage but a stadium capable of expansion as necessary, a good marketing strategy and the right product on the park and the real East Kilbridians?, (The youngsters),  might decide their home team is worth a punt. Hamilton is about the nearest competition which, let's be honest, is no competition. I could see them amassing a wee 1,000 support in the first instance. From there? Who knows?

Edited by stlucifer

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 10:06 PM, the barrhead teacher said:

I teach in ek and work with two of their players. They have generated a good rapport with some of the young pupils who regularly attend their matches. Can certainly see them establishing themselves as a senior club on division 1 or 2 at least, much like Edinburgh city

You teach in East Kilbride?

Does that not make you " The East kilbride Teacher "  ?

Billy Stark as manager adds some interest. EK have made good progress in recent times. As to their potential...I see what others are saying about existing allegiances but early potential for 1,000 to 2,000 home crowds is there and would outstrip a number of other clubs in the leagues as they are now.

Just purchased Tickets for W4

Looking forward to this.

A goalfest on it's way with Duffy getting a few.

ST MIRREN 7 EAST KILBRIDE 0

Crowd  1687

Edited by shull