St Mirren v East Kilbride Challenge Cup 1st Round 15/8/17

shull

1 hour ago, Liverpool Bud said:

In my opinion the dilemma for Jack will be does he stick with tried and trusted "first 11" or does he use the game time to look at the fitness and attributes of players currently not in the starting 11

i can only imagine the melt down if we are not successful in this match

interestingly - what is the lowest crowd at our current home because after Saturdays poor result I think many buddies will give this one a miss 

I completely forgot this game was this Tuesday and made other arrangements which I can't cancel without getting beaten up.  So I'll miss it but not due to Saturday.

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Hope the manager starts with the team that he intend to play at Livingston. 

IMHO if Jack knows the XI he wants to play against Livingston, he should pick a completely different XI for this piece of shit fixture to guard against anyone we need for Livvy picking up an injury, either by accident, or by some EK player out to make a mark against bigger team opponents fancying sticking the boot in. 

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

IMHO if Jack knows the XI he wants to play against Livingston, he should pick a completely different XI for this piece of shit fixture to guard against anyone we need for Livvy picking up an injury, either by accident, or by some EK player out to make a mark against bigger team opponents fancying sticking the boot in. 

I would take the risk so any new players starting will get a chance to know their new teammates better before the more important game on sat.

Just now, renfrew said:

I would take the risk so any new players starting will get a chance to know their new teammates better before the more important game on sat.

I wouldn't mind if Jack Ross threw the game and allowed EK to win. I must stress however, this is purely my personal view on a competition I now deem to be beyond a joke, following the inclusion of invited Welsh & Irish clubs, now Colt sides and Colt sides with space for over-age first teamers!

I don't expect St Mirren to lie down, of course they won't. Still an utter abomination of a competition though.

Just now, pozbaird said:

I wouldn't mind if Jack Ross threw the game and allowed EK to win. I must stress however, this is purely my personal view on a competition I now deem to be beyond a joke, following the inclusion of invited Welsh & Irish clubs, now Colt sides and Colt sides with space for over-age first teamers!

I don't expect St Mirren to lie down, of course they won't. Still an utter abomination of a competition though.

No argument from me about the Colt, Irish, Welsh as well as the 1st team players.

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I actually dont mind the Irish & Welsh clubs. Wouldnt mind a Celtic Cup competition but the colt ideas and now colts with overage players is just pish .

St Mirren could be drawn to play away at one of these Welsh & Irish sides, couldn't we? What the fcuk would we need a midweek jaunt like that for when battling the likes of Dundee United, Falkirk & Co is already a tough ask in a tough competitive division? We need it like a hole in the head.

Edit: That reads like I'm having a dig at you Mr Gilhooley... not my intent! :)

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

St Mirren could be drawn to play away at one of these Welsh & Irish sides, couldn't we? What the fcuk would we need a midweek jaunt like that for when battling the likes of Dundee United, Falkirk & Co is already a tough ask in a tough competitive division? We need it like a hole in the head.

Mind you , the fact that i travel to Ireland regularly on business had no bearing on my  support for such a competition !! :rolleyes:

In the future we could travel to anywhere in Europe to participate in the Europa or Champions League. 

A midweek fixture like that would be a cnut for professional football players. And the fans would detest it. 

I should really skim more. 

Letting too much nonsense infest my head from others. 

17 minutes ago, shull said:

In the future we could travel to anywhere in Europe to participate in the Europa or Champions League. 

A midweek fixture like that would be a cnut for professional football players. And the fans would detest it. 

I should really skim more. 

Letting too much nonsense infest my head from others. 

Mate don't let the SFA hear you or the invites will go out Kazakhstan and Albania Colts next season.......................

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

32 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate don't let the SFA hear you or the invites will go out Kazakhstan and Albania Colts next season.......................

Speak for yourself. I'm up for a wee trip to wales or Ireland but hopefully at the weekend stages of the competition. In saying that the only two matches I attended for this competition last Season were the New Saints and the final. Had two great days out albeit the result on final day was a disappointment. Not keen on the colts Idea. A diddy cup should only include diddy teams so keep the Irish, welsh and even Kazakhstan or Albania but get shot of the old firm colts that just devalues the competition. Won't make the EK game but wouldn't have minded giving Billy Stark a wee cheer. Great Bud!

Decided to go to this one and keep my seat in Family stand. Might end up surrounded by away support again as with Livi game.

Can't make informed comment if don't experience it.

Still havn't been contacted by SMISA with result of discussion supposed to take place at meeting on 3rd Aug regarding placing away support into Family stand following the debacle of Livi game.

Will need to chase them up I think, but will wait till after tomorrows game

Guest TPAFKATS
I definitely wouldn't say no chance. They certainly are at a disadvantage but a stadium capable of expansion as necessary, a good marketing strategy and the right product on the park and the real East Kilbridians?, (The youngsters),  might decide their home team is worth a punt. Hamilton is about the nearest competition which, let's be honest, is no competition. I could see them amassing a wee 1,000 support in the first instance. From there? Who knows?

In theory they can, however the Clyde Cumbernauld experience tells me they can't.

Guest TPAFKATS
Edit: That reads like I'm having a dig at you Mr Gilhooley... not my intent! [emoji4]

Is it not international break weekends when these games take place - at least the ones when the Irish and Welsh join in?
I'm hoping for a weekend trip to sligo - I was too young for our previous European adventures!

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Those mentioning a 5-0, 7-0 or 10-0 victory should remember that Celtic struggled to beat them 2-0 last February.

Aye, a good result right enough but it was 18 months ago.  But only 3 months ago they could only score once in two games against the lowest side in League 2 and failed to gain promotion.  They might just park the bus like they did against the green bigots but I think they'll give it a go and that should be to our advantage. 

Aye, a good result right enough but it was 18 months ago.  But only 3 months ago they could only score once in two games against the lowest side in League 2 and failed to gain promotion.  They might just park the bus like they did against the green bigots but I think they'll give it a go and that should be to our advantage. 

They were the better team in both legs of that play off and were very unlucky not to gain promotion.

15 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Speak for yourself. I'm up for a wee trip to wales or Ireland but hopefully at the weekend stages of the competition. In saying that the only two matches I attended for this competition last Season were the New Saints and the final. Had two great days out albeit the result on final day was a disappointment. Not keen on the colts Idea. A diddy cup should only include diddy teams so keep the Irish, welsh and even Kazakhstan or Albania but get shot of the old firm colts that just devalues the competition. Won't make the EK game but wouldn't have minded giving Billy Stark a wee cheer. Great Bud!

Your obviously one of those Happy Clappers :whistle

As I am going tonight I shall reserve judgement, however if the colts are in it, I would like Sevco next, beat them 8-0 and then make t shirts- Simply the Vest

16 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Those mentioning a 5-0, 7-0 or 10-0 victory should remember that Celtic struggled to beat them 2-0 last February.

A big winning margin will be a confidence boost but any win will do.

No it wont mate, IF we are serious title contenders ( and I fear inconsistency may well be the theme this year) we need a big win just like Airdrie and EK are no Airdrie.....

28-0 (Kidding)and I might forgive them for Sat :toilet But that's two total shite unacceptable performances so far this season, amid some good performances..... Maybe the team needs a little time and hopefully tonight we get some run outs..

Being serious- as long as we give some new/ coming back players game time I am happy, but EK will not really teach us much, and yes I know they beat QOS.............. Saturday is a big game for us, if we want to state our intentions..................

46 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

No it wont mate, IF we are serious title contenders ( and I fear inconsistency may well be the theme this year) we need a big win just like Airdrie and EK are no Airdrie.....

28-0 (Kidding)and I might forgive them for Sat :toilet But that's two total shite unacceptable performances so far this season, amid some good performances..... Maybe the team needs a little time and hopefully tonight we get some run outs..

Being serious- as long as we give some new/ coming back players game time I am happy, but EK will not really teach us much, and yes I know they beat QOS.............. Saturday is a big game for us, if we want to state our intentions..................

Think ( HOPE) we will be consistent when a full squad is available. Saturday was a sore one I'm still feeling the pain being honest not because it was Morton more to do with expectations after Falkirk. Looking forward to seeing the reaction against Livingston.