St Mirren v East Kilbride Challenge Cup 1st Round 15/8/17

shull

Someone said it earlier in the thread, McGinn and McShane can't play together. I actually like both, but they are both too similar.

Anyway, thank f**k it didn't go to extra time...

Also, as mentioned by others, McShane needs to be taken off corners, grim

I have no doubt McShane will come good for us, and he will produce the killer deliveries we're expecting - it just ain't happening yet. Unfortunately, patience is a virtue few of us possess.

4 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Someone said it earlier in the thread, McGinn and McShane can't play together. I actually like both, but they are both too similar.

Anyway, thank f**k it didn't go to extra time...

Also, as mentioned by others, McShane needs to be taken off corners, grim

Aye they both want sit quite deep and pass the ball out you would probably be better with mcginn and Kyle 

ANY chance of a wee bit of respect for Kilby now please?

As my home town team I have seen them play and know what they are capable of.
They were never going to ship 5 or 10 goalsto us but that oponion based on having seen both teams play was apparantly me being negative.

I would gladly have taken a scrappy 2-1 win with no injuries. Indeed, I do so.

Worst result in our history? An embarrassment? That kind of talk belongs at Ibroke and Darkhead!

Show some respect with a wee splash of realism please .

It was just one of those nights.We could have scored 10 on another night.Their keeper had the game of his life including a couple of saves he knew nothing about.EK left the field to the sporting applause of the Saints Fans.

Edited by HSS

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

They were never going to ship 5 or 10 goalsto us but that oponion based on having seen both teams play was apparantly me being negative.

Worst result in our history? An embarrassment? That kind of talk belongs at Ibroke and Darkhead!

Feck' off. Cumbernauld Colts rule ya' bass!

Agree, but surely we should be expecting to win, and win (more) easily, despite the opposition making a good fist of it.

Well now, avoided the walk of shame tomorrow morning after telling their number 8 this morning that they were in for a roasting Tonight never mind facing the weans in school on Thursday. To be fair to EK they defended valiantly and their keeper, despite me being told he is poor compared to their number one, had a blinder. Nevertheless we totally dominated but tried to walk it in the net all night or score the perfect goal. Our equaliser was bizarre inevitably after all that. Stewart was handed a pile of chances which made a mess of. It was no surprise when they scored as we are too casual and sloppy at times. But a win is a win. Liam smith impressed.

Agree, but surely we should be expecting to win, and win (more) easily, despite the opposition making a good fist of it.

The team should always walk into the pitch believing they will win as long as they work and play to their potential.

I never "expect" us to win... even if I am confident we will! lol

Too long in the tooth and too battered by experience for any other attitude.

Yup... I was confident we should beat Kilby... but deep down I expected it to be as close as it turned out to be.

Just glad of a win and to hear those at the match paid respect to Kilby.

Really poor performance, I am getting quite worried now about the rest of this campaign now as that was mainly our first team with a few fringe players.  We really need davis and magennis back asap . Thought the boy Smith at right back looked quite sharp and morgan was lively but apart from that there was not much else to get excited about. What has happened to mcginn ? He was superb last season he was very poor again tonight holding onto ball too long letting ek get back in behind ball. Felt sorry for their keeper had an unbelievable game and still came away on losing side m.o.m by a mile.

win or not. the was utterly disgraceful. no desire. no effort. no ability . McShane can't cross a ball. we can't defend. and have nothing going forward. we should get refund tonight. Awful.

Not sure I agree with that assessment.

We could and probably should have won that game by five or six goals. Their keeper had an unbelievable game and they also had another four (at least) off the line and that s before we count the last ditch blocks and crosses fired across the goalmouth.

I've seen us play shit and get turfed out of cups by lower league opposition and have none of that.

It's the cup. We're through to the next round.

EK take the plaudits for a backs to the wall performance where they punched well above their weight. I seem to remember the champions struggling to knock a few past them too.

43 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No it isn't FFS. :lol:

How can WINNING a game be the same as Rangers LOSING a game?

This reminds me of a puzzler my mate asked me today. Why is Kenny Miller unique in Old Firm history?...

He's the only player to have played for all three clubs. B)