St Mirren v East Kilbride Challenge Cup 1st Round 15/8/17

shull

The East Kilbride keeper was outstanding tonight, definitely didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

We created numerous chances but just couldn't seem to score a goal then get two in the space of a few minutes.

Looking forward to the return or Magennis, just don't think McShane is that good. He's actually dragging McGinn down with him, their partnership in the middle of the park doesn't work.

I suppose, our aim was to progress & we did. Showed good character after losing the goal.

Will be a tough game on Saturday.

COYS

Good workout tonight

Job done

Very impressed with Liam Smith , more than decent debut.

It was just one of those nights, could easily been 10-0.

Looking forward to the Draw for next round, Would love to win this Cup.

Only downside was Morgan acting like a fecking jessie in trying to get the EK player a yellow card after a minor tangle. Very poor by Morgan running like a spoilt wean up to the Referee.

Anyway, we are through and I'm fecking delighted. :)

AND WHO THE FECK ARE KILBY ?  :lol:

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

ANY chance of a wee bit of respect for Kilby now please?

As my home town team I have seen them play and know what they are capable of.
They were never going to ship 5 or 10 goalsto us but that oponion based on having seen both teams play was apparantly me being negative.

I would gladly have taken a scrappy 2-1 win with no injuries. Indeed, I do so.

Worst result in our history? An embarrassment? That kind of talk belongs at Ibroke and Darkhead!

Show some respect with a wee splash of realism please .

It seems that it was close to a miracle EK didn't lose 5-10 according to the stats below.

You really think if we'd lost to EK that it wasn't realistic to be seen as "an embarrassment" for us?

I think you would find the vast majority would disagree.

5 hours ago, DLBud said:

33 shots on goal with 21 on target. EK had 2 shots with 1 on target and we only win 2-1 with an injury time clincher.

Funny old game.

ANY chance of a wee bit of respect for Kilby now please?

As my home town team I have seen them play and know what they are capable of.
They were never going to ship 5 or 10 goalsto us but that oponion based on having seen both teams play was apparantly me being negative.

I would gladly have taken a scrappy 2-1 win with no injuries. Indeed, I do so.

Worst result in our history? An embarrassment? That kind of talk belongs at Ibroke and Darkhead!

Show some respect with a wee splash of realism please .

That was the most one sided game I've ever seen. Given the amount of chances we spurned and the excellent saves made by their keeper,we could easily have won by 7 or 8. It was like watching the Nairn friendly, but with a keeper who will never have a better game than last night and a defence that threw themselves in front of everything. A very spirited performance, but they're not a great football team. All IMO.

7 hours ago, shull said:

Only downside was Morgan acting like a fecking jessie in trying to get the EK player a yellow card after a minor tangle. Very poor by Morgan running like a spoilt wean up to the Referee.

That will be the one where the lad fouled Morgan then seemed to get him into a half rugby, half amateur wrestling take down and sort of roll him on the turf. 

It was as 100% a clear booking as you'll ever see. Morgan was correct to be raging about it. I don't think he should have been going to the ref to get him in trouble though.  

Also find it rather ironic that you deem it not only unacceptable but 'disgraceful'   for someone else to mention things like mental health on other threads, yet think it's OK to say that someone  'acts like a Jessie' 

Personally, I'm offended by neither the other poster's mental health assertion nor you saying someone acts like a Jessie but it's fair to point out that yet again, you don't seem to be willing to live up to the standards you try and set for others and feel it's acceptable to use phrases that some others may find derogatory as long as no one offends you. 

And what's the difference in Morgan running to the ref to tell him a player should be booked for the foul and you shouting to all and sundry that the OP on the other thread should be banned for life for offending you? You're both needlessly try to get someone else in trouble. Are both examples of 'acting like a Jessie'? 

Edited by djchapsticks

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That will be the one where the lad fouled Morgan then seemed to get him into a half rugby, half amateur wrestling take down and sort of roll him on the turf. 

It was as 100% a clear booking as you'll ever see. Morgan was correct to be raging about it. I don't think he should have been going to the ref to get him in trouble though.  

Also find it rather ironic that you deem it not only unacceptable but 'disgraceful'   for someone else to mention things like mental health on other threads, yet think it's OK to say that someone  'acts like a Jessie' 

Personally, I'm offended by neither the other poster's mental health assertion nor you saying someone acts like a Jessie but it's fair to point out that yet again, you don't seem to be willing to live up to the standards you try and set for others and feel it's acceptable to use phrases that some others may find derogatory as long as no one offends you. 

And what's the difference in Morgan running to the ref to tell him a player should be booked for the foul and you shouting to all and sundry that the OP on the other thread should be banned for life for offending you? You're both needlessly try to get someone else in trouble. Are both examples of 'acting like a Jessie'? 

What a load of nonsense above. Nothing wrong with Jessie, just like tumshie , spangle, trumpet, etc.

You just see a Username and it's straight to the opposite view no matter what I spew out. You FTOF in disguise ?

YOU AND OTHERS PLAY THE MAN NOT THE BALL EVERYTIME

Pathetic :lol:

Hope you enjoyed yir Pie , last night.

It looked yummy.

Just now, shull said:

What a load of nonsense above. Nothing wrong with Jessie, just like tumshie , spangle, trumpet, etc.

You just see a Username and it's straight to the opposite view no matter what I spew out. You FTOF in disguise ?

It looked yummy.

That's utterly creepy when I really have no idea who you are nor particularly want to. 

Jessie and Spangle have two completely different meanings to trumpet or tumshie. Please be mindful of other folk like you ask others to be mindful of you. 

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's utterly creepy when I really have no idea who you are nor particularly want to. 

Jessie and Spangle have two completely different meanings to trumpet or tumshie. Please be mindful of other folk like you ask others to be mindful of you. 

Dry yir eyes .

It's you that plays the man everytime

Hardly creepy and nothing derogatory whatsover.

You were a bit down from me. If you had walked past, I would have said hello and expected a slice of your pastry. :lol:

27 minutes ago, shull said:

It looked yummy.

Mine was shite, had to skim it.

I was glad to be heading back to Glasgow on the train with a win - after being 3 mins away from an exit.

The only thing worse than that exit would have been extra time - I'd have had to leave with the wee man at 90 mins as the missus would have my head for keeping him out to just about midnight on a school night!

We were the better side - dominated (as we should have) - created loads of chances (as we should have) - but due to a combination of superb goalkeeping, stout defending, bad luck and bad finishing (in that order) - we just couldn't break through. Sometimes we tried to walk the ball into the net whereas what was needed was someone just to take a punt - but that is my only criticism - there are times when things just don't go your way.

Their keeper was MOTM without a doubt. We were both unlucky and lucky last night - it was a memorable game for the drama - glad I was there and glad to move on to the next round. 

42 minutes ago, shull said:

Dry yir eyes .

It's you that plays the man everytime

Hardly creepy and nothing derogatory whatsover.

You were a bit down from me. If you had walked past, I would have said hello and expected a slice of your pastry. :lol:

Candidly watching someone you don't know and then communicating with them online about what they were doing.

That's creepy.

9 hours ago, DLBud said:

33 shots on goal with 21 on target. EK had 2 shots with 1 on target and we only win 2-1 with an injury time clincher.

Funny old game.

Funny old game indeed. Give EK credit. They worked their socks off backed by a great display by their keeper. Very enjoyable game.

42 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Candidly watching someone you don't know and then communicating with them online about what they were doing.

That's creepy.

Thankfully I won't be in that Stand again till next Cup Tie. Back to the South Stand. 

Meltdown Central in the West Bank. A lot getting upset about minor things on a football pitch. 

I will personally apologise to DJ Tumshie next time I see him carrying a Pastry. 

I do have a heart. 

Wonder if a few of the West Bankers will say sorry to the Steward they gave grief to in the second half. 

Although, I must add, the Steward was hasty and in the wrong. 

He also seemed vulnerable, although some on here wouldn't care. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Thankfully I won't be in that Stand again till next Cup Tie. Back to the South Stand. 

Meltdown Central in the West Bank. A lot getting upset about minor things on a football pitch. 

I will personally apologise to DJ Tumshie next time I see him carrying a Pastry. 

I do have a heart. 

Wonder if a few of the West Bankers will say sorry to the Steward they gave grief to in the second half. 

Although, I must add, the Steward was hasty and in the wrong. 

He also seemed vulnerable, although some on here wouldn't care. 

Will you go back to sitting silently on your hands in the family stand then?

Not sure I agree with that assessment.

We could and probably should have won that game by five or six goals. Their keeper had an unbelievable game and they also had another four (at least) off the line and that s before we count the last ditch blocks and crosses fired across the goalmouth.

I've seen us play shit and get turfed out of cups by lower league opposition and have none of that.

It's the cup. We're through to the next round.

EK take the plaudits for a backs to the wall performance where they punched well above their weight. I seem to remember the champions struggling to knock a few past them too.

but we didn't win by 5 or 6 we struggled against a decent pub team. every body can dress it up as they think. but it was hardly a confidence building exercise for the Livvy game.

20 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

is the next round draw still north and south or a free for all?and when do the welsh and Irish come into competition,next round??cheers

I`m sure it has been discussed previously , but why are Morton included in the North section while Stirling are counted as Southern ??  :o

32 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

is the next round draw still north and south or a free for all?and when do the welsh and Irish come into competition,next round??cheers

The draw will be made at the Falkirk Wheel at 1.00pm this Thursday, August 17, and will be streamed live on the SPFL Facebook page....

The 24 first-round winners will be joined by Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Falkirk, along with Linfield and Crusaders from Northern Ireland; Welsh clubs The New Saints and Connah’s Quay Nomads; and Sligo Wanderers and Bray Wanderers from the Republic of Ireland.

The draw is unseeded but the six non-Scottish clubs will be kept apart – one team from each country will be drawn at home and one away. In the case of Northern Ireland, Linfield will be allocated an away tie due to the unavailability of Windsor Park and Crusaders will be allocated a home tie.

Second-round ties are due to be played on the weekend of September 2/3.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The draw will be made at the Falkirk Wheel at 1.00pm this Thursday, August 17, and will be streamed live on the SPFL Facebook page....

The 24 first-round winners will be joined by Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Falkirk, along with Linfield and Crusaders from Northern Ireland; Welsh clubs The New Saints and Connah’s Quay Nomads; and Sligo Wanderers and Bray Wanderers from the Republic of Ireland.

The draw is unseeded but the six non-Scottish clubs will be kept apart – one team from each country will be drawn at home and one away. In the case of Northern Ireland, Linfield will be allocated an away tie due to the unavailability of Windsor Park and Crusaders will be allocated a home tie.

Second-round ties are due to be played on the weekend of September 2/3.

What a stupid date for a fixture.  Dont they know thats the weekend of The Scottish international airshow ? http://www.tsia.scot/  :angry:     Oh well , i may well have to miss out on an exciting away trip to  rankers or Hearts u-20s or the like !! 

What we were really hoping for was an away Midweek tie V Crusaders . :rolleyes: :P :thumbs2