Three Season Plan

After our escapades in the championship over the last two seasons, I believe that we are looking at a three season plan. Season 1 coming up....be in top 5. 2 The next season in top 4. 3 The next season challenging for the league. If this was to be fulfilled then I would accept that.  If we can get there sooner. Great. Not getting to that stage would be less than acceptable in my opinion. 

Jimmy Bone's 10 year plan....  help ma' Boab.

I predicted at the time we were relegated, we'd be in the second tier for a minimum of five seasons. I may revise that to ten seasons, the way things are going with clubs like Hibs and Dundee United being down and dirty over recent seasons, plus ICT now here - never easy to go up there. Also, there's the chance of clubs like Kilmarnock, Partick or Hamilton paying us a visit should they suffer a crap top flight season. A club like Livingston already look a stubborn, hard to beat outfit. Pah. Buckle down for the long haul...

Edited by pozbaird

It was a two year plan. Now a three year plan and even a hint if let's wait until all the big clubs are out of the league so we have a chance.

This is a make or break season the fans are backing the team on the back if four good months. If we are not challenging at the top that support will dwindle

1 hour ago, notabuddie said:

It was a two year plan. Now a three year plan and even a hint if let's wait until all the big clubs are out of the league so we have a chance.

This is a make or break season the fans are backing the team on the back if four good months. If we are not challenging at the top that support will dwindle

There is that danger.

15 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Where has this 3 year plan crap come from? Surely the plan is to win the league?

Paul. Sure. I would like that as well but as a board and as a manager I reckon  that what I have suggested  (just my opinion ) is what might be acceptable to both the  board and manager. My head tells me that this would be both realistic and achievable. My heart wants to win the league this season .

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

After our escapades in the championship over the last two seasons, I believe that we are looking at a three season plan. Season 1 coming up....be in top 5. 2 The next season in top 4. 3 The next season challenging for the league. If this was to be fulfilled then I would accept that.  If we can get there sooner. Great. Not getting to that stage would be less than acceptable in my opinion. 

My three season plan will finish with us successfully defending the SPFL Premiership title. :D

26 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

My three season plan will finish with us successfully defending the SPFL Premiership title. :D

Nothing wrong with dreaming South Side.

I am ever hopeful but my pragmatic side suggests to me that it might take 3 years to get to the SPL.

I hope that we get there this season or next and that I am proved wrong!

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Nothing wrong with dreaming South Side.

I am ever hopeful but my pragmatic side suggests to me that it might take 3 years to get to the SPL.

I hope that we get there this season or next and that I am proved wrong!

Bringing me back into the real world - I originally hoped for the title - but now re-assessing for play-offs at best. Dundee United getting guys like Scott McDonald make them clear favourites. Falkirk will be there or there abouts. Dunfermline having a great league cup run. Other Championship teams looking good early doors

Still think we can get in the top 4 - but its going to be a hard shift.

A double signing in the 'Charlie Adam and John Sutton" mould would be exactly what the doctor ordered!

17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Faraway would still not attend games. Jokes aside don't think I could handle European football ( again :)

Tony Fitzpatrick (our CEO) has a 3 year plan which culminates in us winning us the Scottish Premiership in 2019.

We are 1 year into it, so why aim so low? We're going to win the league this year and then we are going to win the Premiership next year.

BUHLEEVE.

The length of time players sign contracts for now means that teams need to be successful straight away. There is no 3 year plan. If we don't do well with the current crop of players this season we will have a different crop of players next season with which to mount a challenge for the league. The days of three year team builds is long gone in the lower divisions. 

On 27/07/2017 at 5:00 PM, TopCat said:

Tony Fitzpatrick (our CEO) has a 3 year plan which culminates in us winning us the Scottish Premiership in 2019.

We are 1 year into it, so why aim so low? We're going to win the league this year and then we are going to win the Premiership next year.

BUHLEEVE.

Tell you what I do believe.

I believe I would rather spend my time in the company of overly-optimistic people than amongst people like you who drain the life out of everyone they come into contact with.

28 minutes ago, Desnold said:

The length of time players sign contracts for now means that teams need to be successful straight away. There is no 3 year plan. If we don't do well with the current crop of players this season we will have a different crop of players next season with which to mount a challenge for the league. The days of three year team builds is long gone in the lower divisions. 

This is a very good point.

Its a frustrating state of affairs, but one that most clubs who operate in the real world have to face up to.

I've been away on hols so haven't seen the team in action yet this season, so perhaps I'm still in the bubble of optimism of last season but I can't really see why there is an air of treipdation and near despondancy amongst the support.

Sure the Thistle defeat was a sore one, and the LIvingston loss was a boot in the stones, but there's still plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

9 of the players who arguably gave Celtic their toughest game in the whole of last season are still with us. Only Mallan & O'Brien are missing from that starting XI.

8 of the players who finished the job away at Hibs on the last day of the season are still here.

Mallan in the form he was in was impossible to replace but aside from that I think we're only one striker away from having a very good chance of being title contenders.

The current injury situation isn't ideal but all clubs will go through that at some stage of the season.

I'm pretty confident we're in for a good season and still think we have a  very realistic shot at gaining promotion.

4 minutes ago, div said:

I've been away on hols so haven't seen the team in action yet this season, so perhaps I'm still in the bubble of optimism of last season but I can't really see why there is an air of treipdation and near despondancy amongst the support.

Sure the Thistle defeat was a sore one, and the LIvingston loss was a boot in the stones, but there's still plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

9 of the players who arguably gave Celtic their toughest game in the whole of last season are still with us. Only Mallan & O'Brien are missing from that starting XI.

8 of the players who finished the job away at Hibs on the last day of the season are still here.

Mallan in the form he was in was impossible to replace but aside from that I think we're only one striker away from having a very good chance of being title contenders.

The current injury situation isn't ideal but all clubs will go through that at some stage of the season.

I'm pretty confident we're in for a good season and still think we have a  very realistic shot at gaining promotion.

We finished last season on such a high so optimism was high for this season. Livingston game made some think myself included that we were a bit short in the striker and midfield department which i still do too mount a serious challenge. Then the Thistle game came up where we looked flat almost looked like the beginning of last season again , seriously it looked that bad.  We have 3  key players still to come back from injury. Jack Ross has said this week his frustration of the transfer market that we need a couple of players in to mount a serious challenge , most of us agree with that but i'm finding it hard to understand why when season ticket sales are up and transfer money came in last season ? I'm hopeful we can get into the top four but feel a bit nervous at the same time as we dont have the squad to get us through if we pick up more injuries over the course of the season and sure that is what Jack Ross is saying also.       

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We finished last season on such a high so optimism was high for this season. Livingston game made some think myself included that we were a bit short in the striker and midfield department which i still do too mount a serious challenge. Then the Thistle game came up where we looked flat almost looked like the beginning of last season again , seriously it looked that bad.  We have 3  key players still to come back from injury. Jack Ross has said this week his frustration of the transfer market that we need a couple of players in to mount a serious challenge , most of us agree with that but i'm finding it hard to understand why when season ticket sales are up and transfer money came in last season ? I'm hopeful we can get into the top four but feel a bit nervous at the same time as we dont have the squad to get us through if we pick up more injuries over the course of the season and sure that is what Jack Ross is saying also.       

Still 4 weeks until the window closes. I'd guess there will be some more movement in and out the way at the club before the end of the month.

Why do you need a 3 year plan if we finish in the top 4 in year 2? Surely we just win the play off and get there a year early?

If we get to 4th we are in the play off. We have better cup records than any of the other teams you've mentioned so we pretend it's a cup and get to the final.

If we get to the play off final then all we need to do is keep our win then lose then win (in finals) record going. Simples.