Facebook...............Making a Fortune

faraway saint

For those who are a bit more tech savvy, 600,000 Facebook accounts are hacked every day.

Those who are interested there is a book called Future Crimes, written by a guy who has spent years involved in fighting cyber crime with security services all over the world, which details some of the real life things criminals have done after finding your personal details online. Some of it is gut churning and the ease by which they do it is astonishing.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For those who are a bit more tech savvy, 600,000 Facebook accounts are hacked every day.

Those who are interested there is a book called Future Crimes, written by a guy who has spent years involved in fighting cyber crime with security services all over the world, which details some of the real life things criminals have done after finding your personal details online. Some of it is gut churning and the ease by which they do it is astonishing.

Ok, what, exactly, are my personal details on Facebook or are you changing the discussion to suit your ideas?

I've just checked,, my name, location........................end of story.

If you want these I'll send them to you and see if you can do me any harm. :lol:

Facebook making a fortune................from my name and location. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

Haven't ever felt the need to sign up with facebook.

What does annoy me are restaurants who use facebook instead of a website, as you generally can't access a menu (as I'm a fussy bastard) or find out as much info. as I'd like. Plus there's usually a large pop up (ooer missus!) urging me to sign up to facebook, blocking the page.

I suppose it must save them money, not setting up a website, but it makes me less likely to book a table at their establishment.

Old fart minor rant over! :spud5

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

What does annoy me are restaurants who use facebook instead of a website, as you generally can't access a menu (as I'm a fussy bastard) or find out as much info. as I'd like. Plus there's usually a large pop up (ooer missus!) urging me to sign up to facebook, blocking the page.

I suppose it must save them money, not setting up a website, but it makes me less likely to book a table at their establishment.

Facebook profits just dropped........................:rolleyes:

I have no interest in being on Facebook. My interaction with 'social media' is restricted to a handful of football forums, this one being by far the platform I use most to blabber unmitigated reactionary moaning-faced bawbaggery bullshite.

Happy days. Gie's a signing. FFS. I agree with Drew. Get it sorted MacPherson....

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I have no interest in being on Facebook. My interaction with 'social media' is restricted to a handful of football forums, this one being by far the platform I use to blabber unmitigated reactionary moaning-faced bawbaggery bullshite.

Happy days. Gie's a signing. FFS. I agree with Drew. Get it sorted MacPherson....

Facebooks profits just went back up........................:rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Exactly. Something i do my best to persuade businesses who are solely on Facebook, to take out a website. 

A website is a long term investment and you have the right frame of mind why it adds more value. You could spend just as much in a year taking out Facebook sponsored ads, where Facebook is coining in the majority of their profits.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Oh!  You are missing out on some great deals at some marvellous new Restaurants and some more established ones.Meals cost pennies.

Shhhhh don't tell him!

15 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

Oh!  You are missing out on some great deals at some marvellous new Restaurants and some more established ones.Meals cost pennies.

Shhhhh don't tell him!

Don't do restaurant deals, as most of them are restrictive in some way.

When I eat out, I want the choice of the whole menu.

59 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well said, fatty. :P

I can understand if you're on a budget and want to eat out cheaply.

However, for me eating out is supposed to be a relaxing and special occasion. I like choice, and the last thing I want is someone telling me that I can't have a particular dish because it's past 5.00 and it's not in my "deal" .

I tend not to pre-theatre either, unless, when the planet's align, there's a particular combo I fancy that can be accommodated from that menu.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, what, exactly, are my personal details on Facebook or are you changing the discussion to suit your ideas?

I've just checked,, my name, location........................end of story.

If you want these I'll send them to you and see if you can do me any harm. :lol:

Facebook making a fortune................from my name and location. :rolleyes:

What makes you think this is all facebook know about you?

You need to read up on what metadata is.

We havent even started yet. Google also hold your personal data.

Unless of course you use carrier pigeon........