What is our chances

As we approach the start of the season has our expectations been dampened by the recent fixtures or is it just that the injuries have hurt us. I hear mcall of ayr on radio saying the team we have now looks weaker and that Falkirk and Dundee United will contest the league. I hope we don't have a season of nothingness but I feel that unless we get a striker who has a reasonable goal ratio and another couple of good solid squad players then we will definitely not challenge. Does anybody know if we can get other in and if maybe some will leave. I imagine with jack having knocked back dundee he must believe we have a chance in these next couple of seasons to do something special 

No worries from my side I'm sure we will be there or about.

Believe there are a couple of signings soon.

As for (Ayr manager ) Falkirk and United are former clubs of his what did you expect from the man who celabrated a draw at our stadium as if Ayr had just picked up the Scottish cup a very strange thing to say the least. Maybe ( it ) just does not like us.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, shull said:

We should have signed Liam Buchanan when we had the opportunity. 

A mistake. 

Can be remedied in the next few weeks. 

Go for Ryan. 

From what I have seen, there appears to be a bit of an attitude issue there and a tendency to take a huff when it's not going how he wants.

But enough about you, I don't really think Andy Ryan is right for us either.

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

From what I have seen, there appears to be a bit of an attitude issue there and a tendency to take a huff when it's not going how he wants.

But enough about you, I don't really think Andy Ryan is right for us either.

Cheeky bassa :D

Probably true though. 

53 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Ryan was not any better than what we had in yesterday's showing. I don't expect us to start the season well but once we have a fully fit first 11 we will kick on and be challenging at the right end this season. 

But he was probably better than what we had at Firhill. 

I would give him a chance. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

They were 19/10 today. :rolleyes:

They don't look particularly impressive to me.

McMullan will have had his two good games per season before we play them. Failing that we boot him up in the air in the first few minutes and he'll shite it for the rest of the game.

Also, they've still got those two donkeys in centre of defence.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

They don't look particularly impressive to me.

McMullan will have had his two good games per season before we play them. Failing that we boot him up in the air in the first few minutes and he'll shite it for the rest of the game.

Also, they've still got those two donkeys in centre of defence.

I don't think I said they were impressive, I merely quoted the odds?

They are playing a team from the league above which seems to indicate they shouldn't win the game. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

Why would anybody listen to a yesterday man in Ian McCall :lol:   I don't think we will win the league but a play off position is a must or I would say the season would've been a failure. Final playoff dates are the 17th and 20th of May so don't go booking holidays for those dates :rolleyes:  oh and the Scottish cup final is on the 19th of May  :huh:

No worries from my side I'm sure we will be there or about.
Believe there are a couple of signings soon.
As for (Ayr manager ) Falkirk and United are former clubs of his what did you expect from the man who celabrated a draw at our stadium as if Ayr had just picked up the Scottish cup a very strange thing to say the least. Maybe ( it ) just does not like us.  

McCall is just calling it as he sees it, fair enough. He was right, we are presently much weaker than the force we were for four months last season, he was also right last season when he said, " no chance that St mirren will be relegated".

The managers (most) all talk to each other and share thoughts and whataboutery. He was only answering a pish and typically pre season banal question earlier today about who might win the Championship.

All this anti McCall rhetoric on here amazes me, he's just a bloke doing his level best to get everyone's ( well Chic Youngs buzz about the place ) favourite seaside yo yo club another shot at the second top league again.

Who cares, the season will shape up soon enough after six to ten games

To be cliched for a moment though, a good start might get us vital momentum [emoji15].................dares to dream

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and that includes I M. I tend to agree with him that both Falkirk and Dundee United have strengthened and look like the top two teams in the championship.  

But....I feel we are capable of reaching the top half to top 4 in the table. Better than that would be a fantastic bonus.  To do so we will have to further strengthen the squad. Yes..perhaps one or two might have to go but we need a high tempo team who are keen,  fit and injury free. 

McCalll is a boss of a League 1 side for a reason.He basically talks rubbish.Our side yesterday contained eight players from last season.It would have been nine if Magennis was fit.You could argue that Reilly is an improvement on Loy he is certainly younger and Samson is much more experienced that O'Brien. Yes Mallan is a huge loss but in time McShane will be fine.Yes and ten of the side that started yesterday have all Premier League experience Stelios being the odd man out but still decent.Obviously McCall is out of touch.Jack is on the right lines and we will definitely finish in the top four.