What is our chances

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

JR's been here less than a season and done two out of those three already. What's your point?

Johnson has won something! Got a team to perform to a level of consistently over a season that enabled them to win their league. Ross has achieved any of those things yet, including managing a team consistently over a season. Will he be here at the end of this season?

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Johnson has won something! Got a team to perform to a level of consistently over a season that enabled them to win their league. Ross has achieved any of those things yet, including managing a team consistently over a season. Will he be here at the end of this season?

Johnston has also taken Kilmarnock right to the very brink, needing the last two games of the season to avoid relegation. 

Despite the fact it was his team for the entire season. 

53 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yes, unless he has been tempted away to a "bigger" club.

Still doesn't tell me what your point was, though.

My point is there is a successful young manager within our budget who could be tempted to the 2021 next time we need a manager.

i thought that was obvious (Magic Johnson could..! be...) post was in response to another stating they fancied Dunfermline to be challenging this season.

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Johnston has also taken Kilmarnock right to the very brink, needing the last two games of the season to avoid relegation. 

Despite the fact it was his team for the entire season. 

So he he was a game better in avoiding potential relegation than Ross in that season..!

he has since go on to manage his side to winning their league, and consolidating their postion in our league, now looking to challenge for promotion/play off chances. Thats a significant positive achievement we havent had for years now, we have battled to stay in the premiership, and we have battled to stay in the championship. Would be nice to get back to battling at the other end of the second tier.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So he he was a game better in avoiding potential relegation than Ross in that season..!

he has since go on to manage his side to winning their league, and consolidating their postion in our league, now looking to challenge for promotion/play off chances. Thats a significant positive achievement we havent had for years now, we have battled to stay in the premiership, and we have battled to stay in the championship. Would be nice to get back to battling at the other end of the second tier.

He got promotion and consolidated. "Looking to challenge for promotion/playoff" isn't an achievement. Jack had us playing the best football and getting the best results in the league post-January, after revamping the squad, and is now "looking to challenge for promotion/playoff" too...

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

My point is there is a successful young manager within our budget who could be tempted to the 2021 next time we need a manager.

i thought that was obvious (Magic Johnson could..! be...) post was in response to another stating they fancied Dunfermline to be challenging this season.

Who is Johnson?

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Back to the thread title.........chances have improved after todays signing. It's been said it's a bit of a gamble but the fact he's been with us and proved his worth makes it less of a gamble.

Chances haven't improved for the Falkirk match or for any game in August and maybe beyond. 

Squad should have been ready and in place for this Saturday. 

Although, I still believe a very decent Referee will see us triumph against cheating Falkirk on Saturday. 

Mate, yes he is.............. Pars are hardly flushed, remembering this was a club that almost folded over 300k a few years back....................

Out of my interest are you ITK of Dung's finances or just guessing based on crowd sizes and the fact they nearly went to the wall a few years back?

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Chances haven't improved for the Falkirk match or for any game in August and maybe beyond. 

Squad should have been ready and in place for this Saturday. 

Although, I still believe a very decent Referee will see us triumph against cheating Falkirk on Saturday. 

The transfer window closes at the end of August. The loan market will come to the fore in the coming weeks. As such, few clubs will have concluded their business before the weekend. That includes our opponents, Falkirk.

We will sign two more players. A striker and a midfielder. One possibly before Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Out of my interest are you ITK of Dung's finances or just guessing based on crowd sizes and the fact they nearly went to the wall a few years back?

I know the two of the board members............ this one I am not guessing, he is on less than Jack

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

The transfer window closes at the end of August. The loan market will come to the fore in the coming weeks. As such, few clubs will have concluded their business before the weekend. That includes our opponents, Falkirk.

We will sign two more players. A striker and a midfielder. One possibly before Saturday.

Two areas needing boosted so good news if we are to put up a serious challenge. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

We shouldn't be starting our League Season unprepared. 

How are we unprepared ? 

To my knowledge we've done pre-season training , played pre-season friendly's and played 4 league cup games . How much preparation do want ? 

If you're referring to the injuries, I'm afraid that's part and parcel of any football team.

• 5 months later...