Football Fans and Behaviour

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Then I defend my self and hurt him, in self defence.

Anyhow, if the majority call him out it's less likely he'll throw anything, especially if his close circle tell him to shut the feck up.

Get tae yir bed, Rambo :byebye

This "minority" is probably the truth but not as much as is portrayed going by the response to the crowd when someone had the audacity to challenge this moron.

The majority don't want to get involved though.

I told my story of the Rangers fans on the train up from Largs on Weds.

One guy challenged them and he got shot down. No-one, including myself, was willing to get involved.

IMO, it wasn't worth the hassle to me personally.

There were a couple of transport police waiting on the station, I had a word. Job done, no danger to me.

I applaud folk with the balls to do it, but not me. I'm a shitbag.

Just now, Warwick Hunt said:

The majority don't want to get involved though.

I told my story of the Rangers fans on the train up from Largs on Weds.

One guy challenged him and he got shot down. No-one, including myself, was willing to get involved.

IMO, it wasn't worth the hassle to me personally.

There were a couple of transport police waiting on the station, I had a word. Jin done, no danger to me.

I applaud folk with the balls to do it, but not me. I'm a shitbag.

Agree and until the majority do get involved this type of embarrassing behaviour that shames the club will go on.

#moronsrule

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

I've 'had words' a few times with some of our support who were making unnecessary comments, and was only backed up by those who were at the game with me.  More often, it was ignored by the others around us or, worse, I was criticised for daring to object to such behaviour.

But you were " liking " the abuse that was getting thrown about on here last weekend.

7 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

I've 'had words' a few times with some of our support who were making unnecessary comments, and was only backed up by those who were at the game with me.  More often, it was ignored by the others around us or, worse, I was criticised for daring to object to such behaviour.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:39 PM, munoz said:

Fuk off ya clueless prick .

You loved this post last weekend :byebye

14 minutes ago, shull said:

You loved this post last weekend :byebye

First of all, calling you a clueless prick isn't sexist, racist, homophobic or sectarian.  Also, I didn't think we could 'love' a post.  I did find Munoz's post appropriate, especially as it was a response to you abusing one of our players.  Or does it not count as abuse when you do it?

4 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

First of all, calling you a clueless prick isn't sexist, racist, homophobic or sectarian.  Also, I didn't think we could 'love' a post.  I did find Munoz's post appropriate, especially as it was a response to you abusing one of our players.  Or does it not count as abuse when you do it?

Is there only 4 types of abuse in this world ?

Our goalie is shite, 

And You liked Munoz's post.

So next time, stick your handshake up yir arse, hypocrite.

5 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

I've even liked a few of your posts in the past.  Are you a moron?

Sorry, can't make sense of that.

Go back and read the opening post of the Sammy thread

Just a football opinion.

I agree with those who say that sexist, homophobic, racist or sectarian abuse are disrespectful, unacceptable and potentially ilegal. I agree that as a club we welcome both players and fans with no thought of exclusion. Perhaps the safe and sensible thing to do if it occurs is to officially bring it to the attention of the stewards or police. I agree however that it is preferable that we self regulate ourselves as fans whenever possible.

8 hours ago, shull said:

Sorry, can't make sense of that.

Go back and read the opening post of the Sammy thread

Just a football opinion.

Get a grip.

Trying to twist every topic to somehow be about you is the kind of desperate, needy antics that you'd expect from an emotionally stunted 12 year old.

You're embarrassing yourself, now. My advice would be to take a wee break from posting, for your benefit and that of everyone else.

Back on topic, this is depressing to hear. About 25 years ago I similarly challenged an arsehole who shouted racist abuse at a player during an Airdrie match. I was also surprised by the lack of support I received from others. It's a very sad state of affairs that we don't seem to have moved on a great deal.

I would always call someone out, though. Failing to do so is as good as condoning it.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Back on topic, this is depressing to hear. About 25 years ago I similarly challenged an arsehole who shouted racist abuse at a player during an Airdrie match. I was also surprised by the lack of support I received from others. It's a very sad state of affairs that we don't seem to have moved on a great deal.

I would always call someone out, though. Failing to do so is as good as condoning it.

But it understandable that people won't if they feel they, like yesterday, are in a minority and even get abuse from other supporters.

Sad, but real.

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Get a grip.

Trying to twist every topic to somehow be about you is the kind of desperate, needy antics that you'd expect from an emotionally stunted 12 year old.

You're embarrassing yourself, now. My advice would be to take a wee break from posting, for your benefit and that of everyone else.

Behave yourself

Got to bed or even Shed.

I'm absolutely fine.

Shame this place is full of 2 faced hypocrital abusers.

Last Saturdays  Gang disappeared last night, now appearing now and still full of shite.

This is a Football Forum, we are allowed to criticise our players without being cliqued to feck.

Some dafties just read the posts that may annoy them just to be offended. They never comment on the hundreds of others that are tip top.

SO DRY YIR EYES DREW

YOU'RE NO WEE FECKING INNOCENT ON HERE

Edited by shull

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Get a grip.

Rambo is back :lol:

Nobody in their right mind is going to pull up a racist, maybe drunken bigot.

The result could be carnage.

Inform Stewards and Police or the Club the following day and let them deal with it.

Better staying safe than getting involved in a nasty brawl.

NOT SAYING ANYTHING AT THE TIME IS NOT FECKING CONDONING IT.

Lock the door in your Shed and log off.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

I am pleased to announce that I now have shull on ignore.

Another schoolwean who who dishes it out and cannae take words back :lol:

Wee bully boy 

Ta Ta tae feck :byebye

1 hour ago, shull said:

Rambo is back :lol:

Nobody in their right mind is going to pull up a racist, maybe drunken bigot.

The result could be carnage.

Inform Stewards and Police or the Club the following day and let them deal with it.

Better staying safe than getting involved in a nasty brawl.

NOT SAYING ANYTHING AT THE TIME IS NOT FECKING CONDONING IT.

Lock the door in your Shed and log off.

You are talking shite, Shull.

If I had reported that eejit yesterday to the police or stewards, that would have been likely to cause carnage, especially if they took action, and I would have been viewed by fellow supporters as the villain. The only way to report the matter to the club would be to take his photo, which could lead to more problems. There is a role for fans to self police themselves. We all know that football is an emotive game, but there is a line that can't be crossed, and racist, sexist or homophobic abuse is that line.

The most bizarre thing was when his pal tried to defend his comment by claiming that the use of the word "black" before the word "b*****d" was simply a descriptive term, before saying I must have done something similar at 17, the old "come on we're all racists really" line. The guy who made the comment was about 60 by the way!

Edited by Hendo

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

Bumped this up to the top after todays events at Cappielow.

Early in the second half, one of our "fans" made a racist slur against Quitongo. I challenged him about it. No apology. Then, other fans near me, rather than challenging what he said, rounded on me, comments.  like "he gets the picture", let's move on", and "we've got the pc brigade in here".

So here's a question to all buddies. Should we challenge racism and other discrimination when we see it? And if we should why did fellow buds make me feel like I was the one in the wrong?

There is no place for racism at our club. Pitty we could not get these brainless idiots on camara then report it to the club get them banned for life. We the fans need to play our part so well done so well done Hen do. Let's catch these idiots on our phones then report it to the club.