Football Fans and Behaviour

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where did I write I was not warned ? I said I stand by my comment not being racist I also told Div the same and stand by that to my grave , have never been racist in my life. So you are now denying being arrested inside our stadium by the Police for shouting abuse at an Israeli football player because he was Jewish. You dress that up how you want it's racist and you should have a club ban implemented for your bitter bigotry which was racist. Sorry to say to a fellow buds shame on you. 

It's amazing how you twist facts  in making a defence for your own hypocrisy.   Were you warned or not?

25 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I have never been arrested for racism.  Clearly you remember my accusation and Div would confirm you were warned.  

You can't pick and choose who you racially abuse.  

Apart from the famous Human Race, what other Races do we have? 

5 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

It's amazing how you twist facts  in making a defence for your own hypocrisy.   Were you warned or not?

Read my first line on what you quoted , maybe read it three times. You still have not admitted being arrested by Police for abusing as Israeli player simply because he was Jewish. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No, it really doesn't. :byebye

Poz is a sleekit child who thinks he's funny. 

Far from it. 

He makes cowardly snide comments and remarks then when anybody talks back he puts them on ignore. 

Primary School starts back on Tuesday for the wee shitey unfunny bully boys. 

Middle Age Dumpling putting football fans on ignore. 

That is hilarious. 

Grow up. 

Poz is a sleekit child who thinks he's funny. 
Far from it. 
He makes cowardly snide comments and remarks then when anybody talks back he puts them on ignore. 
Primary School starts back on Tuesday for the wee shitey unfunny bully boys. 
Middle Age Dumpling putting football fans on ignore. 
That is hilarious. 
Grow up. 

Poz is actually a really nice guy and very funny in person.

There is a possibility that if I met you in real life you might not actually be the attention seeking unfunny pass remarkable twat you like to come across as.

Then again...

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

There is a possibility that if I met you in real life you might not actually be the attention seeking unfunny pass remarkable twat you like to come across as.

Then again...

Damn. I had to read that as you quoted him. Quite a bile-fuelled rant. Think the meltdown is still ongoing!

Can I hold the jackets whilst two of you have a square go over the issue? 

Public Acceptance of others for who they are is what this is about surely?  Not what label any of us might want to pin on them.

By all means applaud or decry their football talents or lack of them within reason but leave any personal baggage you might have on other issues at home.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Can I hold the jackets whilst two of you have a square go over the issue? 

Public Acceptance of others for who they are is what this is about surely?  Not what label any of us might want to pin on them.

By all means applaud or decry their football talents or lack of them within reason but leave any personal baggage you might have on other issues at home.

You would think so but some only prefer the people who agree with them, what a fluffy world they live in.

53 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Then again...

Meet you ?

:snore

Popcorn out for this thread 

:jerrry

There's a decent point being made somewhere. While in my opinion, it's not acceptable to be a grass - if you overhear a racist comment, you have to say something. It's our club that would get dragged through the mud if a reporter gets wind of it. Didn't hear anything myself so can't really comment, thought the banter between Quitongo and our fans was funny and in good spirits, considering he was ripping us apart

29 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Popcorn out for this thread 

:jerrry

There's a decent point being made somewhere. While in my opinion, it's not acceptable to be a grass - if you overhear a racist comment, you have to say something. It's our club that would get dragged through the mud if a reporter gets wind of it. Didn't hear anything myself so can't really comment, thought the banter between Quitongo and our fans was funny and in good spirits, considering he was ripping us apart

In my world, it is perfectly acceptable to report criminality to the relevent authorities.

You see and adult assaulting a child.

You see a house getting robbed, even your own.

Many other mindless offences are available,

WHAT TO DO ?

Ignore ?

Edited by shull

6 minutes ago, shull said:

In my world, it is perfectly acceptable to report criminality to the relevent authorities.

You see and adult assaulting a child.

You see a house getting robbed, even your own.

Many other mindless offences are available,

WHAT TO DO ?

Ignore ?

Where did I say ignore? :huh: 

Our support is generally self policing. This mentality of "someone said a bad thing, call the police" is reeking of Rangers & Celtic style point scoring to maintain some kind of moral highground.

Just tell them they're being out of order - if they continue to be an idiot, that's their own problem/risk. There's no cure for being a c*nt

It was , Ignore ?

Is it just no grassing when at a football match or in the outside world in general.

It is not point scoring to ask the Police ( and Paramedics ) for assistance if an opposition fan caves your head in with a brick.

In all the pages of sniping back and forward I gave up the will to find the original point, if someone would like to tell me that would be great.  

On the point of racism I remember the first match I went to without parental supervision or the BGB (now known as the panda club, by the way BGB is a better name let's bring that back)  When I say i went myself, I went with a pal we were both nine and my old man was in the same stand but i digress...  The original Quitongo ripped us a new one while playing with Hamilton, I remember thinking what an unbelievable player he was. A guy in the same stand, stood up and showered him with abuse, I won't go into exactly what it was but it involved a certain peeling fruit and a reference to our animal cousins... A few people laughed and two went Ohhhhh.. That was about the whole of it.

A bit off topic but I always wondered who it was. So if you were a racist in the 90s and shouted at Jose Quitongo while sitting in the main stand on the left hand-side of the dugout, lower tier, you were a twat.  

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

In all the pages of sniping back and forward I gave up the will to find the original point, if someone would like to tell me that would be great.  

On the point of racism I remember the first match I went to without parental supervision or the BGB (now known as the panda club, by the way BGB is a better name let's bring that back)  When I say i went myself, I went with a pal we were both nine and my old man was in the same stand but i digress...  The original Quitongo ripped us a new one while playing with Hamilton, I remember thinking what an unbelievable player he was. A guy in the same stand, stood up and showered him with abuse, I won't go into exactly what it was but it involved a certain peeling fruit and a reference to our animal cousins... A few people laughed and two went Ohhhhh.. That was about the whole of it.

A bit off topic but I always wondered who it was. So if you were a racist in the 90s and shouted at Jose Quitongo while sitting in the main stand on the left hand-side of the dugout, lower tier, you were a twat.  

I remember years ago playing the old Rangers - Jean Claude Darcheville was playing on the wing and taking a few pelters from the North Bank. "You're just a fat Eddie Murphy" being chanted at him - but an older guy next to thought the words were - "you're just a fat hairy monkey". Queue everyone around him tapping him frantically on the shoulder before the steward caught on. I'm not sure that he meant it to be racist, as such, maybe just a generational thing... 

He had a cracking game and scored 2 of Rangers 3 goals. Very good player.

Anyway, to answer the point above. Sometimes it just requires a tap on the shoulder. If it continues to the point where you feel uncomfortable to be around them, then perhaps it's time to get some help. Certainly not the same as "caving someones head in with a brick", a strange line of argument imo.

In order to be great.........

Point is ignoring abusive and or racist or 'illegal' acts is shitebaggery, yet is all about self preservation.
Reporting is the moral duty and correct form of behaviour but risks a serious head panning.

Two recent examples.

1. Slashing at park head. Seen by many who were present. I'm told by someone who was there that many were of the opinion, stuff thus I'm saying nothing to the police, don't want the hassle. Cnunt deserved it, and oh this is about a heavy family fued etc.etc.etc.???!!!

2. Recent road rage incident I witnessed. Wee chap gets out the car and approaches the car in front at a set of traffic lights. The other driver gets out and the two face off., a few words? a heated verbal exchange, then boom, Wee chap pushes the bigger guy then lamps him with a right hook.

I stopped the car as did a van driver as we were both in poll position to see this.

We both got unbelievable abuse and intimidation from other road users and were told to gtf and piss off, causing a bottleneck for other traffic.
So as potential witnesses to an assault we became the great r soles causing a road block.
Sadly, bottom line nowadays, not enough people actually give a fukk.
It's a race to the bottom with Ned like behaviour and general disregard for others the overriding sentiment.

A Mob rules mentality