In Through The Out Door

Bud the Baker

On 8/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don't come your intellectual pish wi me. I'm the clever wan roon here. :lol:

You live in Jersey; the intelligence quotient makes Terry f**kwit from Viz comic look like a PhD student. B)

You about for the Falkirk game mate? Me and the aforementioned Mr. H are up for the game. 

Thanks for the warning. I'll give it the bodyswerve and avoid the chipmunk-in-a-blender noise that passes as your laughter. :double

Been a long time. 

Not long enough, as far as I'm concerned. :byebye :D :moony2

You about for the Falkirk game mate? 

In all honesty I'm not sure I'm gonna get to a game before September. Always a lot of stuff going on in August but on top of that there's work stuff to deal with as well and general background stuff leading on from that. I'll furnish you with more details over a pint some time. Let us know the next time you'll be in town.

4 minutes ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

In all honesty I'm not sure I'm gonna get to a game before September. Always a lot of stuff going on in August but on top of that there's work stuff to deal with as well and general background stuff leading on from that. I'll furnish you with more details over a pint some time. Let us know the next time you'll be in town.

Fair dos mate. We're also coming up for the QotS game on 23rd September, so maybe catch up then. 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair dos mate. We're also coming up for the QotS game on 23rd September, so maybe catch up then. 

Scribbled into the diary. ("Hello, Barrhead Travel? Can you book me a city break for the weekend of the 22nd of September....?")

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

Green came out in 1988 and the subsequent tour saw them play Glasgow in 1989. Fables of the Reconstruction was 1985.

Edited to add:-

Just seen you've already been corrected on this one.

I remember posing round college with a copy of Green in November 1988, trying to impress some gal enough to go see them with me in Newcastle on the '89 Green tour. It was great gig and about the time I realised you could also enjoy a gig on your own !

16 hours ago, boomboomyards said:

There were at least 4 different versions of the album cover ( or 4 different album covers for the 1 album )

Same scene from different angles.  Also, if you rubbed water on certain parts of the cover it released colours.

True - the original album had different covers with the bar scene shot from different angles, the inner sleeve had a black & white image of an ashtray and cigar butt - made up in a dot pattern that contained coloured ink that was released by using a wet paintbrush on the dots. The whole thing was contained in an outer brown paper bag affair with the album title stamped on it.