Hospitality Prices 2017/18

30 minutes ago, shull said:

Nothing is free. 

All included in the Package price 

Because profits go to St Mirren doesn't mean we should accept crap. 

This. ^^^^^^^^

Never fails to astound me people are willing to accept a poor product in the name of profit for the club.

Surely supporters deserve a high quality product when paying high quality prices?

I'm not commenting on what is actually on offer as I've never been and wouldn't consider it as it seems overpriced but no excuse for taking the support for granted.

Was at East Fife a few years ago, can't remember exact cost, approx. £60 and was great value.

I do it twice a season. It is a great day out.

Get to go along with family and friends watch my beloved buddies have one too many beers and a decent meal. Is the food Michelin star quality no it isn't and I wouldn't want it to be.

If I went out had lunch and washed it down with plenty of beer, went to the game then had some post game drinks I would probably have paid the same.

I would rather give my money to St Mirren than anyone else for a superb day out.

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Get to go along with family and friends watch my beloved buddies have one too many beers and a decent meal. Is the food Michelin star quality no it isn't and I wouldn't want it to be.

If I went out had lunch and washed it down with plenty of beer, went to the game then had some post game drinks I would probably have paid the same.

I would rather give my money to St Mirren than anyone else for a superb day out.

Could you break that down?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

If you want a really good hospitality experience, buy comfy seats in the main stand, assemble for drinks and three course lunch at Saparito under the bridge, book cab to drop off and collect you after, deposit back at hostelry of your choice.

the food will be good, the wine drinkable and the beer sensibly priced. And you will be quids in!!!

Went to hospitality for match last season, never again.

no glass of bubbly on arrival - as advertised still

starter was half of the smallest bowl of weak, wishy-washy scotch broth you ever did see. (With no meat content)

main was something small & tough they had the balls to call a steak, with a poor portion of veg.

pudding was a crumble with a tablespoon of custard.

wine on table, stayed on table... lots of wine drinkers on table, we all had one swally and thought we had topped up on vinegar by error.

our mob will get together for a corporate day again this season, but we wont be insulted with what was served up to us last season again by choice. And by all means ask around anyone else who attends corporate about the quality of the offer.

Actually agree with you on something! 

I'd say it doesn't represent any value for money. Went downhill when UWS first came in and has got gradually worse. Went last season and couldn't cut the steak, never mind chew it. We were also being chased out just before 5.30 and being told that we couldn't order more drink, never used to be that tight.

57 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You get champagne reception, 3 course meal , wine on table , free bar , match programme, all you can eat at half time , executive seating match included. Free bar after match for a time period. Good to know profits are going to the club. Package is good value for me it's once in a while and very enjoyable especially when speakers are in attendance. There was a comedian on once I was there. Not for everyone understand that but to slag it off is wide off the mark. 

You don't get a champagne reception. The champagne region would greet if they heard you trying to pass that 'wine in a soda stream' aff as Champagne...

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You get champagne reception, 3 course meal , wine on table , free bar , match programme, all you can eat at half time , executive seating match included. Free bar after match for a time period. Good to know profits are going to the club. Package is good value for me it's once in a while and very enjoyable especially when speakers are in attendance. There was a comedian on once I was there. Not for everyone understand that but to slag it off is wide off the mark. 

It's very poor value for money, especially if you consider the quality that en-croute used to provide when they were the caterer.  The dont-give-a-stuff attitude from senior staff was clear to see.  Even the match seat is, for many, not one you would pick for yourself if you were paying at the gate.  The quality of grub is poor and you would have to be on a mission if you wanted the £24 extra for drinks to be worth your while.  It is also understaffed when very busy, meaning infrequent visits from the drinks waitresses ans a long wait for your beverage to arrive.

i organised an external event for my employers there when BC was in charge and it was excellent value for money.  Unfortunately some senior people from work were guests at a match last season and told me they would not like me to use it again.  i love the club and will always be a fan,but you need to be easy pleased if you think our corpy is VFM.

34 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

a decent 3 course lunch will set you back around £20-25 and be vastly superior to the corpy fare.  Add on £24-ish pounds for a comfy chair and you would need to be floating home on a tide of beer to be paying the same.

other than the food and the poor service it is a very good day out for the less-than-fussy

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Grumpy Old Men...

If you don't think it's good value or good quality, don't go...simple...

Personally I've been once at the new stadium, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was it great value for money? No, but it's another way for the club to make money to fund the product on the pitch.

Jeez.

What a great advert, you are really giving this a hard sell to the switherers.  

There is absolutely no reason in the world while this can't be a great earner for the club AND a great value experience for the punter.  Laziness and greed, I'm afraid, stop this from being a bigger success. 

I'd like to add, whilst I agree with most of LPM's assessment, Sapporito is also overpriced pish.  eaten there twice and was disappointed on both occassions

Edited by beyond our ken

What a great advert, you are really giving this a hard sell to the switherers.  
There is absolutely no reason in the world while this can't be a great earner for the club AND a great value experience for the punter.  Laziness and greed, I'm afraid, stop this from being a bigger success. 

I'd like to add, whilst I agree with most of LPM's assessment, Sapporito is also overpriced pish.  eaten there twice and was disappointed on both occassions

It's not an advert...

You seem like someone who just doesn't like life in general. Probably best you steer clear of public gatherings. [emoji57]

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not like you to be positive about anything St Mirren. While it's not Michelin star restaurant it's as good as hospitality food goes at the football. Been quite a few times never missed the bubbles , as for wine it's fine with or with out food nothing like the vinegar ones on the market. 

Sorry mate your wrong there, had hospitality at a few grounds now and whilst you don't expect michelin star quality grub what is on offer at our place is very poor and horrendously over priced. Can only guess greed has set in with ST sales up releasing an intent to give a no star service, at four star prices.

the wine on the table was the cheapest supermarket/cash & carry plonk, described in the bumf as "Fine Wines".... i kid you not. 

I/we have voted with our feet/stomach/tastebuds and wallet. Next corpy day will be a D.I.Y. Which will be cheaper, tastier and in the end more enjoyable than listening to Lee Mair skag off cup winning legends whilst trying to flog his business services.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Theres a comedian on every time, he's setting the prices and taking the cash.

Could you break that down?

£55 4 course lunch with wine
£24 Padded Seating
£10 Half Time Refreshments
£30 Alcoholic Refreshments

One thing I am missing and that a don't put a cost to is meeting the players and management after the game.

If people don't want to go along for any reason that's their choice.

IMO it is worth every penny and I'm looking forward to it on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It's not an advert...

You seem like someone who just doesn't like life in general. Probably best you steer clear of public gatherings. emoji57.png

So you can' engage in a debate without getting personal? In your book, I have personality problems just because I have reservations about corpy?

Classy

So you can' engage in a debate without getting personal? In your book, I have personality problems just because I have reservations about corpy?
Classy

You shouldn't engage on the internet - it's clearly too upsetting for you. Sorry if my thinking of your well-being is offending you.*

*Not really sorry.

7 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

£55 4 course lunch with wine
£24 Padded Seating
£10 Half Time Refreshments
£30 Alcoholic Refreshments

One thing I am missing and that a don't put a cost to is meeting the players and management after the game.

If people don't want to go along for any reason that's their choice.

IMO it is worth every penny and I'm looking forward to it on Saturday.

I think it's great that you think it is VFM

But you get a 3 course set meal, cheap house wine and a limited choice of beers at corpy

That's not remotely comparable.  If I spent £55 on a 3 course lunch and got coo gums passed off as sirloin then I'd be having a word

I think we all would admit that hospitality v 3 course lunch, drink etc isn't fully comparable.

I would fully expect to pay a slight premium for hospitality due to the nature of it.

That doesn't let st mirren (or any other club) off the hook for providing a shoddy service. I've been to SMP once for hospitality, killie 3 or 4 times and I would say both were comparable. Killie, if I'm being honest, were much quicker getting drink out to the table and the wine probably slightly better than st mirren.

It shouldn't be too hard to get right, decent quality food, prompt service and decent standard of wine/beer.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I don't think I was particularly harsh in my choice of words regarding Hospitality just pointing out price is quite expensive for what you get.

My only visit to Hospitality there was no champagne, yes there was wine but not a wine drinker so can only go with my wine drinking friends at the table who mentioned the wine wasn't very nice, an ok 3 course meal that could probably get in any pub, at half time they brought out pies cut in half and it was 1 half a pie per person at your table and like others have mentioned not too many staff members so amount drinks is certainly limited and obviously not free as price then was £95.

As I & others have pointed out you could do the same outwith Stadium for easily half the price at most.

54 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

It's very poor value for money, especially if you consider the quality that en-croute used to provide when they were the caterer.  The dont-give-a-stuff attitude from senior staff was clear to see.  Even the match seat is, for many, not one you would pick for yourself if you were paying at the gate.  The quality of grub is poor and you would have to be on a mission if you wanted the £24 extra for drinks to be worth your while.  It is also understaffed when very busy, meaning infrequent visits from the drinks waitresses ans a long wait for your beverage to arrive.

i organised an external event for my employers there when BC was in charge and it was excellent value for money.  Unfortunately some senior people from work were guests at a match last season and told me they would not like me to use it again.  i love the club and will always be a fan,but you need to be easy pleased if you think our corpy is VFM.

Constructive criticism is good. At these events you are probably getting a different chef most weeks some who will care others not so will be a hit or miss. You probably know I'm in the catering industry for me it should Not be hard to serve up a good quality meal with a menu that is easy to control from the kitchen. Can only say from my side it has been an enjoyable experience at hospitality.  The food at outlets within the ground is very poor quality ,  cheap bought products for maximum profit to whomever runs these outlets. No idea if those above know how bad the products are. Had a sausage roll which i binned, terrible pastry of which i have never came accross in all my years in the industry., sausage rolls should be covered in puff pastry Anyway that's a wee bit off the hospitality subject. 

6 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I think we all would admit that hospitality v 3 course lunch, drink etc isn't fully comparable.

I would fully expect to pay a slight premium for hospitality due to the nature of it.

That doesn't let st mirren (or any other club) off the hook for providing a shoddy service. I've been to SMP once for hospitality, killie 3 or 4 times and I would say both were comparable. Killie, if I'm being honest, were much quicker getting drink out to the table and the wine probably slightly better than st mirren.

It shouldn't be too hard to get right, decent quality food, prompt service and decent standard of wine/beer.

That is it in a nut shell, do the simple stuff well, then price it so as not to insult people and you will grow your reputation and get repeat business. What is frustrating for me is that when you have the venue, staff and customers on the doorstep we dont seem able to deliver good service.