Hospitality Prices 2017/18

Went last season for the 1st time and thought it was superb, 12 of us went, of course it maybe a bit pricey but it's 

not something you'd do every home game, but for a one off event with friends and family it was a great day....

We're all looking forward to going again this season....probably more than just the once...:D

2 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

£55 4 course lunch with wine You think what's on offer is worth £54? I think you just made that suit the final figure.
£24 Padded Seating Not a lot can be said about this as we charge through the nose for normal seats.
£10 Half Time Refreshments For half a pie? :lol:
£30 Alcoholic Refreshments Aye, suppose if you drink as fast as you can you might get £30 worth of bevvy.

One thing I am missing and that a don't put a cost to is meeting the players and management after the game.

If people don't want to go along for any reason that's their choice.

IMO it is worth every penny and I'm looking forward to it on Saturday.

I agree it's a choice but don't insult people by trying to justify the prices.

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, foxbar_bud said:

I think we all would admit that hospitality v 3 course lunch, drink etc isn't fully comparable.

I would fully expect to pay a slight premium for hospitality due to the nature of it.

That doesn't let st mirren (or any other club) off the hook for providing a shoddy service. I've been to SMP once for hospitality, killie 3 or 4 times and I would say both were comparable. Killie, if I'm being honest, were much quicker getting drink out to the table and the wine probably slightly better than st mirren.

It shouldn't be too hard to get right, decent quality food, prompt service and decent standard of wine/beer.

There is absolutely no excuse for serving shite wine nowadays. There are tens of thousands of options available, and it is easy to pick up a very decent wine for around a fiver a bottle. Producers flood the market with good quality wines at very reasonable prices in order to remain competitive in a fierce market.

I understand that there are additional costs for catering, but they are not so prohibitive as to excuse serving poor quality wines.

59 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Just out of interest - does the hospitality sell out/sell most of the places often? Or is it normally half empty?

They certainly struggle with midweek games, often cancelling the "normal" hospitality and replacing it with themed nights such as curry.

They certainly struggle with midweek games, often cancelling the "normal" hospitality and replacing it with themed nights such as curry.

I see, so there is a need to look at reducing those prices to get folk in. I guess it's pretty full at weekend games, which will be why they price it as they do? Otherwise it'd be common sense to drop the price. If the product is selling it'd be foolish to drop the price. If it's not, it's foolish to leave the prices as they are.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I see, so there is a need to look at reducing those prices to get folk in. I guess it's pretty full at weekend games, which will be why they price it as they do? Otherwise it'd be common sense to drop the price. If the product is selling it'd be foolish to drop the price. If it's not, it's foolish to leave the prices as they are.

Your point doesn't justify the quality of food/drinks or service.

Just because something is priced and is selling well it's not always value for money.

Just pop into Edinburgh and check out the prices there, extortionate and a rip off yet everywhere is busy.

People pay for all sorts of reasons, and many have stated the hospitality is a good value as it supports the club.

If that's what floats your boat that, as has been said, is your choice.

I'd prefer less cost and better value.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Your point doesn't justify the quality of food/drinks or service.

Just because something is priced and is selling well it's not always value for money.

Just pop into Edinburgh and check out the prices there, extortionate and a rip off yet everywhere is busy.

People pay for all sorts of reasons, and many have stated the hospitality is a good value as it supports the club.

If that's what floats your boat that, as has been said, is your choice.

I'd prefer less cost and better value.

The people who don't think it's value for money don't buy it. Those that go to the hospitality obviously disagree. It's simple supply and demand - if they wanted to sell more places, they may need to look at the prices, but in the main - some weekend games excepted - it appears to sell well at current prices.

Just now, Soctty said:

The people who don't think it's value for money don't buy it. Those that go to the hospitality obviously disagree. It's simple supply and demand - if they wanted to sell more places, they may need to look at the prices, but in the main - some weekend games excepted - it appears to sell well at current prices.

For the love of god......................:byebye

10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Have the prices not went up?

Considering we are in the Championship

I can't imagine the club making much of a profit from the hospitality with all the overhead's, if it was priced any cheaper 

I don't think it would worth the while, but it's a service a lot of fans want and no doubt enjoy so well done to the club 

for providing it.... Does anyone else find it strange that St Mirren cant seem to do f**k all right in some peoples eyes...

17 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It would be interesting to know the attendance figures for hospitality. I sit in the West stand and looking across most weeks it looks as if there are plenty of spaces in the comfy seat area. Now that's simply an observation across a park and I have no knowledge of the actual take up numbers but certainly looks sparse on occasions.

i have been critical on previous occasions on here about the pricing and will continue to do so as I believe it is far too expensive for what you get. That said , lots of things about football are overpriced, hospitality at SMP is just another one . 

I haven't been to Hospitality for years but I will be having a freebie at the 'Ton game , Wont hear me complain about that one :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Just out of interest - does the hospitality sell out/sell most of the places often? Or is it normally half empty?

It used to be if you phoned on a Sat morning and there were places left then you got them cheap.

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

It used to be if you phoned on a Sat morning and there were places left then you got them cheap.

Heard quite often they let some in for free to bump up the attendance, in fact inam sure there is someone who posts on here commenting they get asked to make up the numbers quite often.

again quite simply if it was half decent pricing and quality it would do better. 

Heard quite often they let some in for free to bump up the attendance, in fact inam sure there is someone who posts on here commenting they get asked to make up the numbers quite often.
again quite simply if it was half decent pricing and quality it would do better. 

Heard you talk pish quite a lot of the time...

I try and get to hospitality once or twice a season. It's always a good day out.

I'd agree the quality isn't quite as good as when it was run by En Croute but have never had any problems with the service at all which has always been good.

Pricing hasn't changed this season from last.

As a small aside a glass of bubbly on arrival is only served at Cat A and B games, you don't get that at Cat C games.

If you are an individual paying for it then the VAT element makes it quite expensive, but if you are booking through a VAT registered company who reclaim that VAT then it isn't a bad deal to take clients to a game, and offer them food and drink all afternoon for £85 a head.

16 minutes ago, div said:

I try and get to hospitality once or twice a season. It's always a good day out.

I'd agree the quality isn't quite as good as when it was run by En Croute but have never had any problems with the service at all which has always been good.

Pricing hasn't changed this season from last.

As a small aside a glass of bubbly on arrival is only served at Cat A and B games, you don't get that at Cat C games.

If you are an individual paying for it then the VAT element makes it quite expensive, but if you are booking through a VAT registered company who reclaim that VAT then it isn't a bad deal to take clients to a game, and offer them food and drink all afternoon for £85 a head.

That's great value being Vat registered. Hoping the shop does not reach the magic number for vat.

Id say its poorer than it used to be, but it wouldnt need tweaked too much to make it decent value again - used to do it quite regularly but the last few times ive been its not been worth the money.

Hopefully a revamp giving slightly better value for money, better food and longer for the drinks package would make it worth revisiting again.  There should be comment cards for people visiting this season to see what they think and what they could better, it should be full every week really if its priced well.

Not been to corporate for a few years now but always enjoyed the experience. Hopefully get back sometime soon and sample this fine wine some people are talking about.

I wonder if the club have seen a slight drop in numbers since the 1877 club opened up?