Hospitality Prices 2017/18

Haven't been in a few years so can't comment on quality. £133 is ridiculous and for me all games should be the see same price - we are there to st.mirren doesn't matter who we playing! Always annoyed me paying extra cos we playing one of the ugly sisters - why??? Not that I'd go when playing those feckers mind you

Haven't been in a few years so can't comment on quality. £133 is ridiculous and for me all games should be the see same price - we are there to st.mirren doesn't matter who we playing! Always annoyed me paying extra cos we playing one of the ugly sisters - why??? Not that I'd go when playing those feckers mind you

Supply and demand I'm afraid. Club can sell out easily for category A games so charges more as it only has so many seats it can sell.

14 hours ago, div said:

Supply and demand I'm afraid. Club can sell out easily for category A games so charges more as it only has so many seats it can sell.

My point exactly - why would the club lower the prices when they can sell it out? People seem to want to cut into the club's budget at every turn, whether it be ticket prices, hospitality or even the price of the replica kit. This is part of supporting the club - financial support to help it compete.

Part of supporting the Club is allowing yourself to be ripped off. 

£45 for a Top which is worth around £12 or less. 

£20 for Admission where less than £10 would be sufficient. 

Hospitality miles overpriced for the standard served up. 

FOOTBALL CLUBS REALLY RIPPING THE ARSE OUT IT.

Unfortunately, we all love our Team unconditionally and accept most of the shite thrown at us. 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Unfortunately, we all love our Team unconditionally and accept most of the shite thrown at us. 

You live in cloud cuckoo land, ya tight auld git.

15 hours ago, div said:

What you have to laugh at is the club having the balls to firstly suggest that there exists "Category A" games in the second tier of Scottish football, and subsequently it is beyond question they can charge more for these games....

the chickens always come home to roost, like when they struggle to sell hospitality as a matchday bar!

1 hour ago, shull said:

Do you think that St. Mirren F.C. should unilaterally reduce the price of everything and thereby put itself at a disadvantage to its peers/competitors?

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Do you think that St. Mirren F.C. should unilaterally reduce the price of everything and thereby put itself at a disadvantage to its peers/competitors?

Daftest question in the history of the Forum. 

Read what I have said over the years on this subject. 

JESUS FECKING WEPT :lol:

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Daftest question in the history of the Forum. 

Read what I have said over the years on this subject. 

JESUS FECKING WEPT :lol:

You can choose not to go mate, the fact that you think it's not value is a valid opinion, just as the opinion of those who who believe that it is value for money is valid, and is entirely up to the individual paying for it.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

My point exactly - why would the club lower the prices when they can sell it out? People seem to want to cut into the club's budget at every turn, whether it be ticket prices, hospitality or even the price of the replica kit. This is part of supporting the club - financial support to help it compete.

Where did you get that from?  Complaining about a price is tantamount to saying that budgets should be cut?

i don't recall anyone saying they wanted to cut in to budgets, in fact the tone is positive.  if the product on offer was value for money then more would partake more often.  Supply and demand would dictate that you then expand availability of the offering whilst maintaining prices and improving quality.

9 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

You can choose not to go mate, the fact that you think it's not value is a valid opinion, just as the opinion of those who who believe that it is value for money is valid, and is entirely up to the individual paying for it.

Already been covered. 

This is all about following the Football Club we love unconditionally. 

It is bad enough not doing away matches due to price. 

IT IS EMOTIONAL EXTORTION 

It is not like buying.goods like Alcohol. 

If a Pub is overpriced, then there is always the cheap Pub along the Road. 

St Mirren is a partnership of deep love. 

Cannae get why some don't understand that 

Edited by shull

Just now, beyond our ken said:

Where did you get that from?  Complaining about a price is tantamount to saying that budgets should be cut?

i don't recall anyone saying they wanted to cut in to budgets, in fact the tone is positive.  if the product on offer was value for money then more would partake more often.  Supply and demand would dictate that you then expand availability of the offering whilst maintaining prices and improving quality.

I get it from Shull wanting gate prices cut from £20 to £10, replica tops sold for £12 instead of £45 and hospitality prices to be slashed. If we make less money, we have less money to spend - this is what we call our budget. Supply and demand doesn't really apply when you have a finite number to whom you can sell - less than 8,000 seats to sell, so around the same number of people who would buy a top (although far less than that in reality as many older guys get weird about wearing a football top...). Reducing the prices as advocated by Shull would mean a drop in revenue, even if we sold out the stadium and the tops. It's not that hard to grasp, surely?

Just now, shull said:

Already been covered. 

This is all about following the Football Club we love unconditionally. 

It is bad enough not doing away matches due to price. 

IT IS EMOTIONAL EXTORTION 

It is not like buying.goods like Alcohol. 

If a Pub is overpriced, then there is always the cheap Pub along the Road. 

St Mirren is a partnership in deep love. 

Cannae get why some don't understand that 

Yes indeed we all love our club unconditionally, and we are all wanting the best value for the money we pay to support them.

Admission prices are one thing, and I agree that it's far from cheap, but like it or not, our survival as a professional club is reliant on money coming in through the gates, but hospitality is NOT compulsory, it is a choice.

36 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'd rather just read what you said in the post I responded to if that's ok with you?

Still a nonsensical question that would have us in the Lowland League before you could say East Stirlingshire Football Club. 

:)

58 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I get it from Shull wanting gate prices cut from £20 to £10, replica tops sold for £12 instead of £45 and hospitality prices to be slashed. If we make less money, we have less money to spend - this is what we call our budget. Supply and demand doesn't really apply when you have a finite number to whom you can sell - less than 8,000 seats to sell, so around the same number of people who would buy a top (although far less than that in reality as many older guys get weird about wearing a football top...). Reducing the prices as advocated by Shull would mean a drop in revenue, even if we sold out the stadium and the tops. It's not that hard to grasp, surely?

The flaw in your argument lies in purporting Shull's views to be represenative of everyone who has an issue with a particular price or pricing policy

21 minutes ago, shull said:

Still a nonsensical question that would have us in the Lowland League before you could say East Stirlingshire Football Club. 

:)

Not for the first time you have completely lost me. Are you drunk?

I could be excused for thinking you have missed the sarcasm in my original question, but then I think nah, no one could be that stupid. Not even shull.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

When we were in the SPL entrance at the turnstile to a Cat A game was more expensive than B or C games.This doesn't happen in the Championship so why should it happen at Hospitality?

Same answer I gave before Squire, it's just supply and demand.

The demand for the likes of a Morton game is huge. They can only sell circa 200 seats for any game so they price it high to maximise the revenue they take.

The games against the likes of Brechin have lower demand, so they price lower to attract people through the doors.