Roar of the Crowd.

Just re-reading this excellent book on Scottish Football. Just realised that our all time record crowd of almost 49,000 was against Celtic in an Early Group Section of the League Cup! Not such a Diddy cup! 

Great coverage of seasonal average crowds over the years for St Mirren and other clubs. Our present crowds don't look as bad as our lower figures from the past but equally no where (yet) as good as our better years .

Interesting too as it was written a number of years before the Ibrox Implosion. 

Will our average crowd exceed 4,500 this season? 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Just re-reading this excellent book on Scottish Football. Just realised that our all time record crowd of almost 49,000 was against Celtic in an Early Group Section of the League Cup! Not such a Diddy cup! 

Great coverage of seasonal average crowds over the years for St Mirren and other clubs. Our present crowds don't look as bad as our lower figures from the past but equally no where (yet) as good as our better years .

Interesting too as it was written a number of years before the Ibrox Implosion. 

Will our average crowd exceed 4,500 this season? 

No need to read a book, just ask billyg...........................sorted. :rolleyes:

If we play an exciting brand of football with a good string of wins you need a good PR machine to go out there and tell everybody Tony would be good for that. It's what Fergie did I remember Fergie even turning up at the dancin on a Friday night telling punters to come and watch us.  That resulted in anything from 8 ,000 to 10,000 coming through the gate.                                                Giving free tickets to groups can get young ones wanting to come back. I believe the brand of football we played at the tail end of last season is the way to get punters to come but as I wrote above you need  good PR to take the word out to the community. 

Look what Fergie did, and shows how so many Saints fans stay away. Going from 1000 to 10000 versus Clydebank on Xmas day for Gods Sake

I loved the atmos last season, best ever at 2021 and best since 2000, my son watched Saints for first time in 10 years , said after 6-2 win, said- that was awesome.... So why cant we be 4 up in every game after 20 mins :lol:

We have all been to dead rubbers at Celtic , despite 30000 there like a morgue, and the wee claps and bigotry at Ipox, I would say for atmos we can be the best....... Hearts pre Cathro pretty loud

There were 4600 at Ayr, it felt like 15000,