Talent So Young - That Wee Lassie

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

She's reading a script her stand up comedian father has written for her. Yes she has natural comic timing but it's not in the least her words !!!

Well spotted Sir. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

She's reading a script her stand up comedian father has written for her. Yes she has natural comic timing but it's not in the least her words !!!

He was on Breakfast News this morning talking about how he had to bribe her with sweets every line she did.

1 hour ago, FS said:

He was on Breakfast News this morning talking about how he had to bribe her with sweets every line she did.

Yes that's where I saw it - total attention seekers and probably intended to try to boost his stand -up career.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

13 minutes ago, FS said:

Grown ups jealous of a wee lassie !  :lol:

Is that what you actually think?

I would have thought that most of us would have seen straight through this and saw a man trying to gain attention off the back of his daughter - sweet though she is.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame these days. f**k knows why. It's cringeworthy.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:17 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Should comedy be taken seriously? All comedians do scripts then add to it on stage. She is being coached and sure if it's not for her in years to come it will disappear. At a young age my daughter showed an interest in cooking so I reached her to cook to the point I thought she wanted to be a chef. She did not want the career but makes a good meal. That wee lassie will gain confidence if nothing else from her videos no bad thing. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Should comedy be taken seriously? All comedians do scripts then add to it on stage. She is being coached and sure if it's not for her in years to come it will disappear. At a young age my daughter showed an interest in cooking so I teached her to cook to the point I thought she wanted to be a chef. She did not want the career but makes a good meal. That wee lassie will gain confidence if nothing else from her videos no bad thing. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Should comedy be taken seriously? All comedians do scripts then add to it on stage. She is being coached and sure if it's not for her in years to come it will disappear. At a young age my daughter showed an interest in cooking so I reached her to cook to the point I thought she wanted to be a chef. She did not want the career but makes a good meal. That wee lassie will gain confidence if nothing else from her videos no bad thing. 

That's a good point actually but she would have gained just as much confidence making this video for her private family viewing only.
Like most young women, when this kid grows up she will almost certainly be pissed and embarassed at so many photos and videos of her available online without her consent.

Most parents are not thinking enough about this sort of thing.

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

It's another example of the 'entitlement' society you despise so much, we were all promised it by Andy Warhol.

Yes it is and I absolutely hate it.

If this guy was a friend of mine I would be asking him if he even considered his daughter's privacy for more than 3 seconds before he used her to publicise himself.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's a good point actually but she would have gained just as much confidence making this video for her private family viewing only.
Like most young women, when this kid grows up she will almost certainly be pissed and embarassed at so many photos and videos of her available online without her consent.

Most parents are not thinking enough about this sort of thing.

On the contrary, most parents, but not all, do think about what they post online. The vast majority posted is harmless and poses no threat to the child, now or in the future. I do reiterate, this wee girl is cringe worthy and I'm much funnier than her, without the need of rehearsed funny lines.

Edited by faraway saint