Talent So Young - That Wee Lassie

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

On the contrary, most parents, but not all, do think about what they post online. The vast majority posted is harmless and poses no threat to the child, now or in the future. I do reiterate, this wee girl is cringe worthy and I'm much funnier than her, without the need of rehearsed funny lines.

Ye urnae :byebye

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's a good point actually but she would have gained just as much confidence making this video for her private family viewing only.
Like most young women, when this kid grows up she will almost certainly be pissed and embarassed at so many photos and videos of her available online without her consent.

Most parents are not thinking enough about this sort of thing.

At the back of my mind was exploitation of the daughter on behalf of fame for the father. Would I put my daughter on YouTube at that age or any age before leaving school? Not a chance in hell. 

17 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

At the back of my mind was exploitation of the daughter on behalf of fame for the father. Would I put my daughter on YouTube at that age or any age before leaving school? Not a chance in hell. 

No and neither would I.

It's bad enough putting photos of your kids on Facebook without their consent but Youtube is another thing altogether.

With Facebook you can at least limit who sees your stuff.

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No and neither would I.

It's bad enough putting photos of your kids on Facebook without their consent but Youtube is another thing altogether.

With Facebook you can at least limit who sees your stuff.

How many times did you ask your children for consent during their childhood?

Don't you know as a parent you have the responsibility to make decisions for your child?

"It's bad enough putting photos of your kids on Facebook without their consent".........................really? :wacko:

Why?

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

How many times did you ask your children for consent during their childhood?

Don't you know as a parent you have the responsibility to make decisions for your child?

"It's bad enough putting photos of your kids on Facebook without their consent".........................really? :wacko:

Why?

Because most kids are embarassed by photos from their childhood and value their privacy - especially from their parents.

Teenage years are usually dominated by issues of image and most would be horrified by "cutesey" photos and videos of them online where anyone can see it.

I have no idea why you don't know this. Do you have kids?

Edited by oaksoft