Morton v Saints 12 August

They are having issues with their new turnstiles, Cowshed has not had any work on it so will be closed off.....

So that's why its limited, and due to their tight fisted chairman they will lose 10s of thousands...................

Honestly do think the SPFL should take Ton to task over Cappielow................ why are they exempt from having a stadium that at least has no health and safety issues....?

Morton 1 Saints 5  Crowd 4600 Due to the above .........................

And after  the Match we torch the place

Edited by DougJamie

They are having issues with their new turnstiles, Cowshed has not had any work on it so will be closed off.....
So that's why its limited, and due to their tight fisted chairman they will lose 10s of thousands...................
Honestly do think the SPFL should take Ton to task over Cappielow................ why are they exempt from having a stadium that at least has no health and safety issues....?

Causing thousands of pounds worth of improvements

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

They had away fans in the cowshed near the end of last season, so I would have thought if it was ok then it should be ok now.

I see that Connor McManus, who turned out as a midfield trialist for us last month, has signed for Morton. 

Duffy's been playing him as a centre-half due to injuries. A possible weak link on Saturday... O'Ware has got an outside chance of making it but hasn't played since last season. Missed all the League Cup games and the league opener.

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

I see that Connor McManus, who turned out as a midfield trialist for us last month, has signed for Morton. 

Duffy's been playing him as a centre-half due to injuries. A possible weak link on Saturday... O'Ware has got an outside chance of making it but hasn't played since last season. Missed all the League Cup games and the league opener.

O'Ware would be a miss for Morton but reading the reports of their game against Dumbarton it was their finishing that let them down. Let's hope that happens on Saturday. 

Don't think we should be getting ahead of ourselves, been here a million times before with Saints and it never ends well. I'll reserve my confidence until after these tough opening 4 fixtures.

Derbies are always unpredictable and form never counts. I'll settle for three points however we get them.

Exactly.
One swallow as they say doesn't make a summer. We've won one league game, that could have been lost.
I'm not being pessimistic as I believe we're good enough on paper to beat Morton, but it's definitely not going to be easy. Let's keep our feet on the ground and not get carried away.
I'd take a last minute winner deflected in off the refs arse right now.

Normally I'd go for a wee aperitif and sample the hospitality of whatever town we are visiting before an away game but over all my years of visiting Crappylaw I've never went for a pint in Greenock. Do the saints fans have a pre-match pub for this venue or is it just a case of a pre-match drink in Paisley before the train. I met a couple of Ton fans in the Horseshoe after the Thistle game who invited me to the Norseman but I suspect that wouldn't be an ideal pub to visit with a saints scarf around your neck.

55 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Normally I'd go for a wee aperitif and sample the hospitality of whatever town we are visiting before an away game but over all my years of visiting Crappylaw I've never went for a pint in Greenock. Do the saints fans have a pre-match pub for this venue or is it just a case of a pre-match drink in Paisley before the train. I met a couple of Ton fans in the Horseshoe after the Thistle game who invited me to the Norseman but I suspect that wouldn't be an ideal pub to visit with a saints scarf around your neck.

I have stayed in Greenock for matches for pre-match drink James Watt right next to Greenock central is great best Witherspoon I have been in. Also had my colours on not a bit of hassle or bad comments. Taxi rank outside pub to ground £4.00

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Having to come up the road just to get a ticket bit of inconvenience will be the same for Saints fans who live further afield :(

Could it not have been posted yesterday or today to arrive the next day. 

That is a  dreadful and costly inconvenience for you. 

If it was me I would pay for Guaranteed Delivery just to save doing that journey. 

Edited by shull

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I have stayed in Greenock for matches for pre-match drink James Watt right next to Greenock central is great best Witherspoon I have been in. Also had my colours on not a bit of hassle or bad comments. Taxi rank outside pub to ground £4.00

Cheers IOBS That sounds like a plan. I'd normally stop of in Paisley but my normal matchday Buds can't make this game so my Daughter and I will head straight into Greenock and hit the James Watt instead.

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Having to come up the road just to get a ticket bit of inconvenience will be the same for Saints fans who live further afield :(

I agree. Pain in the butt. Just found out its all ticket. Need to order them today Postman better reach North Berwick by Saturday First post. Why do they make it so hard just to turn up at a match

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oxymoron alert!! :P

Where?  Great best is a redundant adjective. superbly shite example of an oxymoron. :P Anyway Tickets ordered. Postman move your arse. They better  get here before Saturday morning or there will be nothing seriously funny about the situation.

oops .

Oxymoron alert!! :P

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

There is always a fair crowd of Buds in The Norseman and I've yet to see any trouble.

Worst thing is the dodgers having a sing song.

25 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I agree. Pain in the butt. Just found out its all ticket. Need to order them today Postman better reach North Berwick by Saturday First post. Why do they make it so hard just to turn up at a match

This is a simple question, but have we had any form of explanation on it?  Why are they making this game all ticket and claiming no tickets for sale on matchday? 

The away end is massive there, we will never fill it.

If it is an issue of crappy turnstiles at Cappielow then that's up to Morton to fix - don't inconvenience every fan who lives outside of Paisley.

Bloody ridiculous way to attract people to the game.

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

There is a Brewers Fayre / Premier Inn 500 yds from the ground going toward Greenock if you don't mind those kind of places. We're going there early and after the game, to avoid the idiots on the train going to the game and at the station after the game.

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

There is always a fair crowd of Buds in The Norseman and I've yet to see any trouble.

Worst thing is the dodgers having a sing song.

I'm tempted to give it a look then. Its certainly handy for the ground. Not looking for bother just a pint but the google review isn't to appealing

"Great boozer when Morton are at home and it is packed, all football away fans are made to feel welcome except StMirren who are scum."

The Yelp one isn't much better

Not the best pub in the world, it doesn't sell any real ale and you have to climb a dark narrow staircase to get to the bar. The only thing that its got going for it is that is handy for a pint before going to watch the Mighty Greenock Morton, you can leave the back at 2.59 and still get into the ground in time for kick-off.

17 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Where?  Great best is a redundant adjective. superbly shite example of an oxymoron. :P Anyway Tickets ordered. Postman move your arse. They better  get here before Saturday morning or there will be nothing seriously funny about the situation.

oops .

Oxymoron alert!! :P

No silly. The oxymoron was the two words I bolded.

Great and Witherspoons (assuming IoBS meant Wetherspoons).

Apologise immediately please! :P