Morton v Saints 12 August

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:

There is a Brewers Fayre / Premier Inn 500 yds from the ground going toward Greenock if you don't mind those kind of places. We're going there early and after the game, to avoid the idiots on the train going to the game and at the station after the game.

Win, Draw or Lose l think I will log off the Forum all Saturday night. 

Really is for the best. 

Those out of control via alcohol is not fun. 

Just now, renfrew said:

There is a Brewers Fayre / Premier Inn 500 yds from the ground going toward Greenock if you don't mind those kind of places. We're going there early and after the game, to avoid the idiots on the train going to the game and at the station after the game.

Definitely a plan for after the game. Cheers Looks like I have a few options for pre match too. Cheers buds 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No silly. The oxymoron was the two words I bolded.

Great and Witherspoons (assuming IoBS meant Wetherspoons).

Apologise immediately please! :P

Sorry Sorry Sorry. I never noticed the bold. That is a superb example of an oxymoron and I was slow enough to be an example of a Moron. Sorry:wub:

Predictions for the derby

The Buddies to win by three clear goals

Gavin Reilly to be on the scoresheet

Sammy the ginger Samsonite to play well

The Buds to be top of the league as we pass the Erskine bridge on the way back to civilisation.

Shull to have his weekly meltdown regardless

The public houses of Paisley to be brimming with happy Buds come Saturday evening

Edited by TediousTom

I'm tempted to give it a look then. Its certainly handy for the ground. Not looking for bother just a pint but the google review isn't to appealing
"Great boozer when Morton are at home and it is packed, all football away fans are made to feel welcome except StMirren who are scum."
The Yelp one isn't much better
Not the best pub in the world, it doesn't sell any real ale and you have to climb a dark narrow staircase to get to the bar. The only thing that its got going for it is that is handy for a pint before going to watch the Mighty Greenock Morton, you can leave the back at 2.59 and still get into the ground in time for kick-off.

Been in it, no bother at all with the Morton fans and is defo seconds away from the ground, it is a complete shithole tho, toilets boggin, if you can get past that, handy for a pint

Mrs Zo has sanctioned a day pass for the game. [emoji41]

There will be a huge crowd full of expectation and a brilliant atmosphere in the away end. It's going to be tough but Stelios and Gary Mac to score. Let's hope Samson can keep a clean sheet and we get any kind of win as next two games are tough away to Livingston and at home to United.

See you all at Cappielow on Saturday.

Morning Saints fans

sorry I'm a bit confused - maybe I've mis read or misunderstood the ticketing arrangrments

due to a change in family plans I now have a free weekend and I would like to travel from Warrington up to the game on Saturday

i normally get the half 9 train which arrives in Glasgow for just after midday - giving me enough time to grab a pre match pint and get to Paisley to meet friends or travel on to the away fixture destination

So my issue is ( am I right ?) it will not be possible for me to purchase a ticket for the game 

if this is so how does this work for people who can only decide they are going to the game on match day - or are unable to order /pay / or collect a ticket from the stadium?

if this is the situation who do I direct my communication with?

19 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Morning Saints fans

sorry I'm a bit confused - maybe I've mis read or misunderstood the ticketing arrangrments

due to a change in family plans I now have a free weekend and I would like to travel from Warrington up to the game on Saturday

i normally get the half 9 train which arrives in Glasgow for just after midday - giving me enough time to grab a pre match pint and get to Paisley to meet friends or travel on to the away fixture destination

So my issue is ( am I right ?) it will not be possible for me to purchase a ticket for the game 

if this is so how does this work for people who can only decide they are going to the game on match day - or are unable to order /pay / or collect a ticket from the stadium?

if this is the situation who do I direct my communication with?

Give ticket office a call. I'm sure they can sort something out, bound to be a few people on the same boat

If somebody is really stuck on Saturday and as a last resort, they can purchase Tickets from the Morton Ticket Office up until kick off  and watch match from the Home End. £20 for Adult Tickets this way. 

Then maybe ask for transfer once inside. 

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Over 800 tickets sold for Saturday so far.

Rather poor if the total away support is only going to be a little over 1000.

All down to this ticketing bollocks!  Making it all ticket is stupid enough, not selling the bloody tickets on the day is a f**king joke!  Imagine pitching that as a business plan on Dragon's Den....