Morton v Saints 12 August

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really worried about this game, and nothing to do with what happens on the park.

I can see a 'Perfect Storm' forming of:

Peak holiday time

Huge Travelling Support arriving en masse

Large (ish) Home support arriving en masse

Drink Taken

Bitter Rivals (personally that bit now bores me to tears)

Ticket & Turnstyle Chaos

Fiesty Match

I hope there are extra Polis on duty to deter any of our lot, or theres from taking the above points as an excuse to kick off!  We want to be in a better league position after the game and not worrying about pending SPFL/Police sanctions hitting home.

Thankfully the dark days of football have all but gone. Bitter rivals ? Have never seen this game in that way also have never felt threatened on the many visits.  Was in a couple of pubs in Greenock town centre after we won 1-4 wearing my Saint scarf . Also spoke to a local Saints fan in the pub wearing his Saints top no hint of hassle. If you mean weans throwing iron bru bottles at Cartsdyke  that land on the railway would not worry about that. 

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thankfully the dark days of football have all but gone. Bitter rivals ? Have never seen this game in that way also have never felt threatened on the many visits.  Was in a couple of pubs in Greenock town centre after we won 1-4 wearing my Saint scarf . Also spoke to a local Saints fan in the pub wearing his Saints top no hint of hassle. If you mean weans throwing iron bru bottles at Cartsdyke  that land on the railway would not worry about that. 

Hopefully come ten to five the only talking points are about what happened on the pitch, but with the turnstyle/ticket chaos it could get things off to a bad start unless it is properly managed by stewards and police.

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Went down to the ticket office this morning after they didn't appear in the post again. After much faffing they did replace the tickets.

Got mine this morning too (from the office), I did mention you had also been having an issue re your tickets and they said you had been in and got it sorted

Got my Morton Tickets and just picked up two tickets to see Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel Live at the Fringe by the Sea Festival in North Berwick tonight.  It's gonna be a great weekend.  Looking forward to it so St Mirren,  Tomorrow I'm coming up to see you, Make me smile. Shaping up to be a great weekend. Can't wait.

220px-Steve_Harley_&_Cockney_Rebel_A_Clo

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Smiling

I would imagine if there was pay at the gate or porta cabin in place for away tickets tomorrow that would could still sell an extra 200-300 tickets if not more.

Unlikely but I wonder if Morton might announce something in the morning that they will have a pay at the gate facility tomorrow.

Imagine a club like Morton turning away thousands of pounds when the club is so cash strapped. Surely worth it for them to sort something out for this one game.

This will be by far the largest away support they will get at Cappielow in the league.

Bonkers!

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I won't be. Taking car.  

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hopefully come ten to five the only talking points are about what happened on the pitch, but with the turnstyle/ticket chaos it could get things off to a bad start unless it is properly managed by stewards and police.

Is about our great win.