Morton v Saints 12 August

28 minutes ago, Richie P said:

Every player was off their game today. However I was sitting front of main stand and said to my brother that the grass was really long. The passing and touch was terrible and I wonder if the longer grass had anything to do with it.
We move on !!

Don't think it was the long grass. Morton knew exactly how to play us. They were up for it from the off, didn't give us any time on the ball and passed it pretty nicely themselves. Well beaten by a very decent team.

Edited by magnus

Don't think it was the long grass. Morton knew exactly how to play us. They were up for it from the off, didn't give us any time on the ball and passed it pretty nicely themselves. Well beaten by a very decent team.

Yeah. Probably clutching at straws, just looking for and excuse for how poor a game I thought Lewis had. Morton also looked physically bigger than us.

Terrible performance. Even if we judge it 11 v 11 Jack Ross got it very very badly wrong or the players didn't follow instructions.

We pumped it long every single time and didn't even try to keep the ball on the deck. It was strange and absolutely shit to watch. God knows what the thinking was behind those tactics today.

7 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Good luck to the boys today, i couldn't go not long back from a 17 mile run.... feckin marathon training:mellow:

If you had ran in the opposite direction from when I seen you, you would have ended up at Cappielow.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Bad performance, still don't think the second penalty should have been given and that changed the game. Still, this is one of the most competitive championships in a long time, United are favourites but outside of them every team is capable of beating every other team.

I go with you Hendo as far as the performance of the back four today is concerned and felt that we seldom got behind Morton. Also on the competitiveness of the Championship this year. We will enjoy some highs and some lows in the coming months. 

1 hour ago, Richie P said:

Every player was off their game today. However I was sitting front of main stand and said to my brother that the grass was really long. The passing and touch was terrible and I wonder if the longer grass had anything to do with it.
We move on !!

I have to say I noticed this right from the off But I still believe Collum was the primary cause of our downfall. Not the only reason as we were far below a reasonable standard.  Morton played better than us in the first half but they only had one real chance which Samson saved well. We had far better chances which we squandered. They needed WC to give them the edge. Quintongo would be better named Niagara as he fell so much and the "referee" fell for it.

f**king St Mirren, eh?

They build us up just to crush us back down.  And they will keep on doing this until death do us part.  The utter bastards.

That was a poor, poor result and performance.  Morton won't do that to many teams, I don't think they really had anything about them up front but our terrible central defence managed to gift them two penalties and go down to ten men.

Haste ye back Harry Davis.

I was watching the Morton fans in the Cowshed before the Match and at times during it.

Why do they hate us so much ?

They absolutely fecking despise us. :lol:

We are two provincial clubs 15 miles apart.

We support our local Teams with a passion.

I would support them if they were playing as they are neighbours.

I don't get the animosity.

38 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I have to say I noticed this right from the off But I still believe Collum was the primary cause of our downfall. Not the only reason as we were far below a reasonable standard.  Morton played better than us in the first half but they only had one real chance which Samson saved well. We had far better chances which we squandered. They needed WC to give them the edge. Quintongo would be better named Niagara as he fell so much and the "referee" fell for it.

Jack does not agree. Says both were penalties. No excuses best team won today whether we like it or not. 

A few emphasising the point that Samson made one great save today.  

So he fecking should and he should be making more than one

All our shite Goalies over the decades had one save in them every match.

Yippee !!!!

Did anybody notice that Sammy got absolutely nowhere near any of Morton's 4 goals.

He's a diddy.

A few emphasising the point that Samson made one great save today.  
So he fecking should and he should be making more than one
All our shite Goalies over the decades had one save in them every match.
Yippee !!!!

Did anybody notice that Sammy got absolutely nowhere near any of Morton's 4 goals.
He's a diddy.

No keeper would have saved any of those 4 goals today [emoji28]

Two of them were penalties and two were tap ins after poor defending.

A lot of our players were to blame for our disgrace today.

Samson wasn't one of them.

29 minutes ago, shull said:

I was watching the Morton fans in the Cowshed before the Match and at times during it.

Why do they hate us so much ?

They absolutely fecking despise us. :lol:

We are two provincial clubs 15 miles apart.

We support our local Teams with a passion.

I would support them if they were playing as they are neighbours.

I don't get the animosity.

Oh well! It was only a 100-mile journey across the country and I got to experience the delights of the Norseman Bar where I saw the locals first hand in their natural environment. Not a pretty sight in those red tartan tops devoid of any kit suppliers name and their singing was minging. £2.50 for a pint of Fosters, £2.90 for a pint of tenants and 75p for one of those red tops.

Wasn’t a great game. The sun came out though and with no roof on the wee Dublin End it was the ideal place to top up the sun tan. Thought the sending off was a bit harsh and the antics of the wee boys running about the cowshed would have been amusing if it wasn’t for the fact we were on the receiving end of a hiding.  The rather rotund example of Scottish dietary problems that lead to obesity doing the bouncy bouncy looked ridiculous but it was their day. Our team never turned up and the whole Morton end chanting “Easy” after the fourth goal was a fair reflection of the day’s events.

A 100-mile return Journey to be met by the only Morton Fan in North Berwick who couldn’t wait to start gloating. As IBOS hinted Thank feck for Rangers fans. There is always someone worse off than you. Watching them stoat about Glasgow and Edinburgh was some conciliation. Got talking to two guys in Black and white scarves on the Edinburgh train who weren’t very happy getting humped either. Turned out they were Queens Park fans and not Buds.

Then I get back and there is Shull posting shite to wind us all up. Away and hing oot wie yir Greenock pals and gie us peace. 

11 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Oh well! It was only a 100-mile journey across the country and I got to experience the delights of the Norseman Bar where I saw the locals first hand in their natural environment. Not a pretty sight in those red tartan tops devoid of any kit suppliers name and their singing was minging. £2.50 for a pint of Fosters, £2.90 for a pint of tenants and 75p for one of those red tops.

Wasn’t a great game. The sun came out though and with no roof on the wee Dublin End it was the ideal place to top up the sun tan. Thought the sending off was a bit harsh and the antics of the wee boys running about the cowshed would have been amusing if it wasn’t for the fact we were on the receiving end of a hiding.  The rather rotund example of Scottish dietary problems that lead to obesity doing the bouncy bouncy looked ridiculous but it was their day. Our team never turned up and the whole Morton end chanting “Easy” after the fourth goal was a fair reflection of the day’s events.

A 100-mile return Journey to be met by the only Morton Fan in North Berwick who couldn’t wait to start gloating. As IBOS hinted Thank feck for Rangers fans. There is always someone worse off than you. Watching them stoat about Glasgow and Edinburgh was some conciliation. Got talking to two guys in Black and white scarves on the Edinburgh train who weren’t very happy getting humped either. Turned out they were Queens Park fans and not Buds.

Then I get back and there is Shull posting shite to wind us all up. Away and hing oot wie yir Greenock pals and gie us peace. 

At least the Spiders have Gus.

I wish he would come home to Paisley.

" WALKING ALONG THE GREENHILL ROAD TO SEE WEE BALDY'S ACES " :)

14 minutes ago, TopCat said:

No keeper would have saved any of those 4 goals today emoji28.png

It was a damned disgrace today.

Shocked and stunned I was and I couldn't even get angry.

I even applauded Sammy's one save. 

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

No keeper would have saved any of those 4 goals today emoji28.png

This forum would be so much better if no one answered any of his post and put him on ignore. It would mean sensible threads not being turned into drivel!! Puts me off coming on here. Perhaps he thinks he is being funny or makes him feel important. Either way I suppose hes to be pitied more than  ridiculed. 

Just now, Mr Optimistic said:

This forum would be so much better if no one answered any of his post and put him on ignore. It would mean sensible threads not being turned into drivel!! Puts me off coming on here. Perhaps he thinks he is being funny or makes him feel important. Either way I suppose hes to be pitied more than  ridiculed. 

Aw diddums

Boo Hoo Boring Boy :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

TBH 157 posts in 15 years you'll not be missed. :byebye

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

I steered clear of the Duffy Indian Pun Thread

That was a fecking belter :snore

Just now, faraway saint said:

TBH 157 posts in 15 years you'll not be missed. :byebye

He is just one of those unable to skim spangles.

Never got anything to say apart from copying others and sticking the boot in.

NONENTITY :double