Morton v Saints 12 August

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, you're saying that people who post more than you don't have a life? :lol:

You really are right off the "I'm stupid" scale.

Back in your box.  :byebye

He should ditch the Opti for Pessi 

Or just call himself Boring Bassa

That was a disgrace today. Cannot pick out one player that was playing like they wanted to win. What happened to stellios did not make one run forward if that was his instructions it was shit. No desire. We cannot blame ref we deserved that today pure and simple better team won. Punting  the ball up the park is not the answer once in a while le it will work. Their forward was really good won't be there long. We had 2 positives Samsons save and goal after 90 not good enough. 

I see mallen did not even make the bench loan him back to us Barnsley even short term till our injured players are ready to play 90 minutes 

Edited by fan4ever

Jack quite rightly had a go at our defence,  they didn't play well but our midfield wasn't particularly great either - not convinced with McShane and McGinn playing in there as I feel they are both trying to play in the same areas and it's not quite clicking. We are missing young Kyle Magennis and his work rate big time as in Cammy Smith and Reilly we have pace up front that will hurt other teams.

No doubt we got a lesson yesterday but onwards and upwards ........ hopefully !

ps - Harkins making and winning TWO tackles yesterday wtf is that all about  !

Looking at the BBC stats, I'm aware there not always accurate, there's not a lot between the teams.

2 penalties throws quite a different light on the score line, acknowledging you can't ignore them.

If we get a result against Livingstone, 2 draws in the league so far, we can look back on yesterdays result as a "bad day at the office" :rolleyes: but if we happened to lose then the need for our injured players to get back quickly is more important than we thought.

Also a new face could be required, if we have any money left.

The defence was woeful yesterday and with the notable exception of Smiths goal the forwards need to sharpen up , far too many wanting to take two or three touches too many.

However , for me the most worrying thing is the lack of creativity from Midfield , we havent replaced Mallan properly and desperately miss the creativity of him & Magennis  . Also , as i have said many times already this season , i worry that McGinn & McShane cant play in the same midfield.  They spend far too much time occupying the same place on the pitch, hopefully they will learn (quickly!!) to play together but i`d say more likely scenario is McShane making way for Magennis.

Disappointing as yesterday was, and at the risk of appearing all Pollyannaish, many of us feared losing heavily to Falkirk and many of us hoped/expected to beat Morton. As it stands we have the points we expected to have after the two games and more than some feared so onwards and upwards tidy performance against EK (Al la Airdrieonians) and kick on away to Livingston and we're back on track. COYS.

early season kick up the pants players and manager needed ,time to roll up sleeves and stick to basics ,and work hard,

bringing fans back to earth long hard season ahead ,not a walk in the park ,

just get on with it ,look at falkirk ,all teams will take points off each other ,

no club will run way with it this season ,to many good players out injured for us wait and see

I was watching the Morton fans in the Cowshed before the Match and at times during it.
Why do they hate us so much ?
They absolutely fecking despise us. [emoji38]
We are two provincial clubs 15 miles apart.
We support our local Teams with a passion.
I would support them if they were playing as they are neighbours.
I don't get the animosity.

Pure and simple jealousy. For the last 30 years or so they have yo-yoed between the 2nd and 3rd leagues in scotland and seen us win both national cups, the diddy cup, play lots of top flight games etc. It's good that they have decided to support their local team but it's just a shame that their team is absolute pish. We are currently experiencing our worst few seasons for decades and it's possibly all they have in their lives. Or all this could be bollocks of course!!!!

58 minutes ago, st jock said:

Pure and simple jealousy. For the last 30 years or so they have yo-yoed between the 2nd and 3rd leagues in scotland and seen us win both national cups, the diddy cup, play lots of top flight games etc. It's good that they have decided to support their local team but it's just a shame that their team is absolute pish. We are currently experiencing our worst few seasons for decades and it's possibly all they have in their lives. Or all this could be bollocks of course!!!!

More than that i feel

Beyond Fitba i think going by work experiences

Seems to be an Inverclyde and Paisley thing

Even the old scum fans down there take great delight in Morton wins against us

"Well done in beating those Paisley b*st*rds" is the shout

20 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Looking at the BBC stats, I'm aware there not always accurate, there's not a lot between the teams.

2 penalties throws quite a different light on the score line, acknowledging you can't ignore them.

If we get a result against Livingstone, 2 draws in the league so far, we can look back on yesterdays result as a "bad day at the office" :rolleyes: but if we happened to lose then the need for our injured players to get back quickly is more important than we thought.

Also a new face could be required, if we have any money left.

You shouldnt make that comment on here, really Sorry but this isn't the 'Jack Ross Must..."  doh!

(that one was for Scottd)

Looking at those highlights , a few observations.  

1st Penalty. Clear Dive by Quitongo. Never a penalty. 

2nd Penalty , soft but can understand why it was given

3rd Goal.  Why was McKenzie standing at LB when the ball was knocked home ?

4th Goal . Why was Stelios not at LB when the ball came in ?  Might explain #3 also !!