Morton v Saints 12 August

28 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Looking at those highlights , a few observations.  

1st Penalty. Clear Dive by Quitongo. Never a penalty. 

2nd Penalty , soft but can understand why it was given

3rd Goal.  Why was McKenzie standing at LB when the ball was knocked home ?

4th Goal . Why was Stelios not at LB when the ball came in ?  Might explain #3 also !!

Be careful, mentioning Stelios in any terms other than "super" and you'll be set upon. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Be careful, mentioning Stelios in any terms other than "super" and you'll be set upon. :rolleyes:

In fairness, "Super Stelios" is more of a cult figure. No one thinks he's the perfect footballer, just a loveable rogue with a real amount of passion. Thought he was fine on Saturday tbf. We lost the game in the midfield and in failing to deal with Jai Quitongo

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

In fairness, "Super Stelios" is more of a cult figure. No one thinks he's the perfect footballer, just a loveable rogue with a real amount of passion. Thought he was fine on Saturday tbf. We lost the game in the midfield and in failing to deal with Jai Quitongo

Nip over to the Super Stelios thread then come back on that one. :)

39 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Agree thought Stelos was ok on Saturday there were other players who did not come up to the mark. Disappoint at the score these things happen. We need a full squad fit completion for places is healthy. 

I think I am normally quite good at not looking through black and white glasses at most things during matches but having watched the limited highlights above I just don't see any of the 2 challenges as being penalties the 2nd one he does what most strikers should do and run across the incoming defender but I really don't see any contact there at all.

Maybe if St Mirren YouTube channel showed highlights of defeats we could judge these decisions slightly better.

Our performance on Saturday was terrible but still think Willie Collum played a big part in the actual defeat although I'm quite sure without Collum's help we still would have struggled to even get a draw.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Both clear penalties, Samson sells the jerseys on the second one showing Tidser too much of his left which the pen taker gratefully accepts.

Usually when you do this you go that way

Why Samsom goes the other i'm struggling to think especially Tidser body shape showed he could only go that way

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Both clear penalties, Samson sells the jerseys on the second one showing Tidser too much of his left which the pen taker gratefully accepts.

Watched it over & over again , cant agree on the first one, from the angle shown i cant see any contact & as i said, although the 2nd was soft i can fully understand why it was given. The Morton attacker done the right thing in moving in front of Jack and drawing the penalty decision.

However, penalties apart , i think we got what we deserved from the game . Nothing.

33 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I think I am normally quite good at not looking through black and white glasses at most things during matches but having watched the limited highlights above I just don't see any of the 2 challenges as being penalties the 2nd one he does what most strikers should do and run across the incoming defender but I really don't see any contact there at all.

Maybe if St Mirren YouTube channel showed highlights of defeats we could judge these decisions slightly better.

Our performance on Saturday was terrible but still think Willie Collum played a big part in the actual defeat although I'm quite sure without Collum's help we still would have struggled to even get a draw.

Its all about opinions, would you have accepted the refs decision if the penalties were for us?

Not sure what you mean about accepting them??? Once they are giving you would have to accept them doesn't necessarily mean you agree they were penalties.

Pretty sure Collum has had more bad games refereeing our matches than good but remember a few seasons back he gave us 2 penalties in a game v St Johnstone that I thought at the time were never penalties and TV highlights backed up that opinion.
Obviously I was glad we won that day but part of me would like to be sitting here talking about our defeat's & wins in terms of our performance rather than talking about the referee but unfortunately every time I see Collum is our referee I fear the worst as really struggling to remember last glad I watched him referee where there wasn't a red card or a penalty.

Edited by Ronnie

Not sure what you mean about accepting them??? Once they are giving you would have to accept them doesn't necessarily mean you agree they were penalties.

Pretty sure Collum has had more bad games refereeing our matches than good but remember a few seasons back he gave us 2 penalties in a game v St Johnstone that I thought at the time were never penalties and TV highlights backed up that opinion.
Obviously I was glad we won that day but part of me would like to be sitting here talking about our defeat's & wins in terms of our performance rather than talking about the referee but unfortunately every time I see Collum is our referee I fear the worst as really struggling to remember last glad I watched him referee where there wasn't a red card or a penalty.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Still not seen Smith's goal was away getting food.   :(

I know I've said it before but are people really so hungry that they have to eat at the football?What's wrong with getting a munch before or after a game?