LGBT and Scottish Football.

St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS

Football (not just Scottish) seems a fair bit behind society in general with regards LGBT issues. Still improvements to be made in society as well.
Initiatives welcome.

To be honest though I'm struggling with LGBTTQQIAAP

Any initiative to highlight issues faced by sections of society has got to be good.

However , i do have to wonder why Scotland & Scottish football in particular seem powerless, or should i say consistently reluctant to tackle head on the scourge of Religious Bigotry which has been an embarrassment to this country for a long long time.  

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Football (not just Scottish) seems a fair bit behind society in general with regards LGBT issues. Still improvements to be made in society as well.
Initiatives welcome.

LGBTI is quite acceptable. :)

54 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Any initiative to highlight issues faced by sections of society has got to be good.

However , i do have to wonder why Scotland & Scottish football in particular seem powerless, or should i say consistently reluctant to tackle head on the scourge of Religious Bigotry which has been an embarrassment to this country for a long long time.  

And I'm still astounded that Scottish Football Governance hasn't/can't/won't address the historic problem of systemic cheating by one club. 

LBGT RIP

(Late Govan Blue Tossers, Resting in Peace)

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Interesting initiative by a number of clubs in the SPFL. Prsomally,  I support any actions taken against any form of discrimination whether gender, ethnicity, race or religion. As fans we all share a common interest in football.

Very good point and a very good thread to start.  Well worthy of discussion.  I doff my cap, I doff it indeed.

In this day and age I still find it incredible that we apparently have no (or next to no) gay footballers.  Thankfully the stigma is dissapating everywhere except football and some church congregations.  As a society we are going in the right direction but football is sadly trailing behind.

It's not all negative.  I remember all too well the banana skins getting thrown at Mark Walters. We have come a long way, we really have, but we still have a way to go.

Guest TPAFKATS
I`m confused, So what is MGB GT ?

Shite car from China or

Shite car from England or

a classic car that may or may not be shite?

It's just so confusing these days [emoji4]

Initiatives welcome.

You lost me after the first 'T' I'm afraid...

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

If an organisation starts that demands equal rights/treatment for all irrespective of sex/colour/religion/whatever, then I might take them seriously. All this demanding of equal rights/treatment for one/two/three/whatever specific groups of people just smacks of discrimination to me. Equal pay for women, Black Lives Matter - f**k them, it should be Equal pay for ALL and ALL Lives Matter.

The point Black Lives Matter are making is that right now, all live don't seem to matter.

Their message is not aimed at you or me or anyone like us.

It's aimed squarely at those, like the US police, who clearly don't see it that way.

As for equal pay for ALL? Really? Pay should be based on what you can negotiate. Period.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

Was listening to radio Scotland the other day and an article started about drag artists going into primary schools to read stories. It then progressed onto LGBT children in schools and one of the guests kept on mentioning LGBT children this and LGBT children that - then complained about them being "labelled". What the f**k is LGBT if not a label?

If an organisation starts that demands equal rights/treatment for all irrespective of sex/colour/religion/whatever, then I might take them seriously. All this demanding of equal rights/treatment for one/two/three/whatever specific groups of people just smacks of discrimination to me. Equal pay for women, Black Lives Matter - f**k them, it should be Equal pay for ALL and ALL Lives Matter.

Anyway, getting a bit warm now, need to get my punkhawallah slave boy to work harder - where's that whip?

Yes all lives should matter, however the point is that they don't as black lives are specifically treated differently or off less value. Therefore the black lives matter campaign is aiming to make all lives matter.
Same with the other campaigns you mention.

There's a wee bit of me who thinks you know all this and you are just being a little mixer.

15 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Then they should have called it ALL Lives Matter, glad you agree with me.

As for pay, I was referring to two people employed by the same company/person/organisation to do the same job. They should be paid the same rate irrespective of whatever gender/colour/religion/etc. they are. If the company has some sort of performance related bonus scheme, or such like, then that is a totally different matter. I was not referring to two totally different people doing totally different jobs for two totally different companies. That would obviously depend on responsibilities, skill level etc.

As for negotiating your salary, that is not a situation that the majority of people are in and so is really irrelevant to the discussion.

Who is being paid less only because of their gender, colour etc?

Name and shame.