Brian Graham

Bearsden buddie

Failed in each of his last 4 seasons to score double figures, that is a poor strike rate. only 5 for a Hibs team flying last year. I would also imagine he'll look for a fairly hefty wage. If he signs I hope he proves me wrong, but not excited by this prospect at all.

Hard to achieve such a feat when you're a bit part player reduced to mostly sub appearances. Like our other summer signing in Reilly, he has a good record in the championship and is looking to put a poor couple of seasons behind him.

I'd be delighted if we could get Graham in.

1 hour ago, Scott Stafford said:

Failed in each of his last 4 seasons to score double figures, that is a poor strike rate. only 5 for a Hibs team flying last year. I would also imagine he'll look for a fairly hefty wage. If he signs I hope he proves me wrong, but not excited by this prospect at all.

League goals, no but he's been severely restricted in the amount of minutes he's had and played all but last season in the Premier League.

13/14 - 11 starts, 6 goals. 

14/15 - 17 starts, 9 goals

15/16 - 10 starts, 6 goals

16/17 - 8 starts, 4 goals

Last season, the majority of his Hibs appearances lasted 2-12 minutes.

His scoring record in the Premier League is actually better than Rory Loy's.

I really dont know enough about Brian Graham to pass comment on his ability or otherwise. Suffice to say, for me he was never one who stood out against us when he played us (mind you ,with his restricted appearances ,did he actually face us at all !?) 

I would be a wee bit concerned about all those bit part roles though, even at R R in his second season he played less than half the Games.

Has he been injury prone ? Unlucky to play at clubs with shit-hot first pick strikers ? Does he have an "attitude" ? Lazy ? 

Anyone know ?

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I really dont know enough about Brian Graham to pass comment on his ability or otherwise. Suffice to say, for me he was never one who stood out against us when he played us (mind you ,with his restricted appearances ,did he actually face us at all !?) 

I would be a wee bit concerned about all those bit part roles though, even at R R in his second season he played less than half the Games.

Has he been injury prone ? Unlucky to play at clubs with shit-hot first pick strikers ? Does he have an "attitude" ? Lazy ? 

Anyone know ?

Not sure. He's rarely been injured. Just think it's been a case of him being at clubs with strong forward options. 

My abiding memory of him is coming on for the last 14 minutes at Tannadice when we were 2-0 up in 2013/14 and he just ruined us. Scored one and was involved in the other two as we lost 3 in the last 12 minutes. Always thought since then that he's looked a dangerous player.

2 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think he played against us when he was at St Johnstone , seem to remember him running us ragged and playing really well . I think he,s a decent player , but we can only start with two strikers and at present already have five options .

See that's where it's easy for opinions to differ. I certainly don't view Hilson and Smith as Strikers, at least not in the traditional sense anyway, smith was almost a mirror of Morgan on Saturday and that's where he is most effective for me. Also, it's worth taking into consideration that Hilson is only on a 6 month contract due to his injury history.

I think 'Strikers' and only really think of us as having Stewart, Sutton and Reilly. Another option wouldn't go amiss. Especially if we start two every week.

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair enough if you're not impressed by him as a player but you can't say his goalscoring record is anything other than impressive.

195 Career starts and 127 sub appearances, 110 goals. Mostly at Championship or Premier League level. Averages a goal every 163 minutes over the course of his career.

You don't get many proven 1 goal in 2 strikers at our level unfortunately.

That's fair enough, I posted after having a quick glance at his wiki page for stats, admittedly maybe not the best move. Still stand by not having seen much to shout about when I've seen him in the flesh, but like any player, if his signs for the buds he'll get my full backing. I just can't get excited about the prospect.