Samson - The Modern Day Les Fridge

I would rather hear somebody comment after watching the full 90 minutes. 
I haven't watched the highlights yet. Never do so on my phone. Will watch on large screen on Laptop when I am home. 
Renfrew's posts are normally skimmed. Not a very pleasant person on this Forum. Wouldn't trust his comment. 
And finally, I have never trolled 
Still need a new goalie in January. 

OK. I watched the 90 mins, renfrew pretty much sums it up.

9 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Why did we not sign o'brien back on? A class act who was going places in the game. Played every game during our amazing run last season and was desperate to sign back on. Strange

I liked O`Brien but like all  keepers he had his faults . I`m really surprised to see he is sitting on the bench for Macclesfield in the fifth tier of English football. Strange one.

Why did we not sign o'brien back on? A class act who was going places in the game. Played every game during our amazing run last season and was desperate to sign back on. Strange

Maybe he just wanted more cash than we could afford. If the choice was between him and Samson then in my view the manager got it right.

16 hours ago, renfrew said:

Maybe he just wanted more cash than we could afford. If the choice was between him and Samson then in my view the manager got it right.

Disagree with that. I think Samson has already proven that he's going to lose quite a few points for us this season. If it was to do with money fair enough but if not then I would have continued with the successful formula we had at the end of last season which included obrien playing a big part. We just looked right with him in goals. Now we're shipping goals all over the joint with anything remotely difficult to save ending up in the net. 

Disagree with that. I think Samson has already proven that he's going to lose quite a few points for us this season. If it was to do with money fair enough but if not then I would have continued with the successful formula we had at the end of last season which included obrien playing a big part. We just looked right with him in goals. Now we're shipping goals all over the joint with anything remotely difficult to save ending up in the net. 

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion and well put.

50 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Everyones entitled to their opinion Bud, but i cant agree with the second highlighted part. Samson made an error at utds goal last week , no doubt about that but i dont see that as proof he is going to lose quite a few points.   As for shipping goals all over the place ?  How many free headers & bad defensive errors have occured this season ? 

Last season O`Brien conceded 25 Goals in 21 matches - This season Samson is 21 Goals from 16 games (if my calculations are correct)  Broadly similar percentage and i`m sure the defence as a whole would be culpable for similar numbers of goals conceded in both sets of figures.

As i said earlier, i liked O`Brien and i do wish we had held on to him to continue his career progression  but then you think ,if he really that good , why is he playing (or rather not getting a game) at the level he currently is. 

• 1 month later...
On 05/08/2017 at 8:10 PM, shull said:

Samson is done.

He is not good enough .

While the transfer window is open , he must be moved out before he costs us many many points.

We need a quality Stopper and quick.

We all post shite at times, THIS is up there with the best.

Not just for tonight's penalty save, a team in our league will struggle to have a goalkeeper with the experience of Samson.

He's already a League Cup winner, and is heading for a Championship winners medal, no bad for someone who's "done".  :byebye

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We all post shite at times, THIS is up there with the best.

Not just for tonight's penalty save, a team in our league will struggle to have a goalkeeper with the experience of Samson.

He's already a League Cup winner, and is heading for a Championship winners medal, no bad for someone who's "done".  :byebye

And he is improving with my pep talks :byebye

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, shull said:

Samson is done.

He is not good enough .

While the transfer window is open , he must be moved out before he costs us many many points.

We need a quality Stopper and quick.

Good job nobody listens to you.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Read the likers of his post.

Join the Club

The only man in the ground that was pissed off with The Legends penalty save . It's a shame you can't enjoy these moments.

Top of the league partially thanks to Samson. Chew on that wise one .