Samson - The Modern Day Les Fridge

24 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Les Fridge was probably the best shot stopper I have ever seen, I do not say that lightly but genuinely a wonderful, wonderful shot stopper.  The rest of his goalkeeping was however howling.

David Elliot was on occasion a fantastic player.  I recall a fantastic victory at Ibrox where David Elliot made the then England international full back Gary Stevens look like a Robert Dawson by turning him outside in and back again.  David Elliot really could play, unfortunately a week later he would be totally, totally gash.  One week we had a Jinky Johnstone the next four we had a Jim Gardner. 

Gardner was well ahead of Elliot. 

Maybe not as talented but Jimbo gave 100%.

And Craig Samson is a St Mirren Legend. 

For his part in the League Cup Triumph of 2013, as are everybody else who were part of the management and various Squads, no matter how talented they were or if they even played. 

The dude Adam, the sub goalie is a legend also. 

And he isnae very good either. 

52 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In my opinion, we have the best keeper in the division, McGinn is the best midfielder, Morgan the best forward, and Jack Ross is the best manager.

All arguments against, let’s hear them. :booty

Let's not forget that Harry Davis is the best defender.

The other 10 players should get very high praise for only allowing Dumbarton to have 2 shots on target.

They have been immense this Season by keeping the ball away from our Number One.

The Dumbarton Goalie had roughly 6 saves.

Harry Davis could be the real King of the Shutouts, ably assisted by a few others.

Edited by shull

Never usually find a King of the Shutout Goalie playing for a Team at the foot or near the foot of the League.

Although that Goalie could actually be the best in the whole Division.

Some sheep believe Sammy could play for Brechin and also be Shut Out King. 

Maybe next season.

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

image.jpeg.55a98c692423a294d75535a61e7a88d1.jpeg

I have knumbshull on ignore but that quote was priceless. We've been discussing Sammy's fantastic save v Dumbarton to keep a clean sheet and he comes away with that? Scraping the ground after going through the bottom of the barrel more like.

29 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I have knumbshull on ignore but that quote was priceless. We've been discussing Sammy's fantastic save v Dumbarton to keep a clean sheet and he comes away with that? Scraping the ground after going through the bottom of the barrel more like.

Still obsessed and engrossed with my wonderful contributions.

He just cannae get enough. :wub: :lol: ( Dont let his constant abuse kid you on )

Dumbarton goalie made 6 saves from 11 on target.

Our Dino Zoff had 2 to deal with .

Not too much to ask him to do summat for his money and save them.

Anyway, thanks to the dude who resuscitatit this gem of a Thread the other morning.

I can see it getting to at least 20 pages before Super Sammy is freed to another Championship Club or League One Team at the end of this Season. :byebye

I have said this before IMO he has been the best keeper in the league. Is he prone to the odd mistake or two. Course he is like nearly all keepers. If he wasn’t I’m sorry he would be plying his trade with us.

Worthy to be competing for the number 1 jersey if we get promoted next season but I feel that if we do JR will look to strengthen that position with bringing in another keeper and offloading Stewart.

Craig Samson St Mirren legend. Please treat him with the due respect a legend deserves.

5 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

I have said this before IMO he has been the best keeper in the league. Is he prone to the odd mistake or two. Course he is like nearly all keepers. If he wasn’t I’m sorry he would be plying his trade with us.

Worthy to be competing for the number 1 jersey if we get promoted next season but I feel that if we do JR will look to strengthen that position with bringing in another keeper and offloading Stewart.

Craig Samson St Mirren legend. Please treat him with the due respect a legend deserves.

He has been getting plenty respect on here.

Not one post abusing him.

Just comments on how he plays, just like comments on other threads regarding every other player in our Squad. 

As for next season, no, Craig is not good enough.

Saints defenders will be pretty pissed off with Sammy getting all the glory.

Club scraping the barrel with this propaganda.

If he loses a goal v Livy, bring out a Tweet regarding clean sheets , but only in midweek matches or match.

Anyway, Craig can show them this Tweet when he gets freed in the summer.

Edited by shull

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

we have the best keeper in the division, McGinn is the best midfielder, Morgan the best forward, and Jack Ross is the best manager.

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Let's not forget that Harry Davis is the best defender.

16 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

. .and Jas Fowler is the best assistant. .

15 hours ago, shull said:

And Campbell Kennedy is the best at organising St Mirren Dinners at the Normandy Hotel.

11 hours ago, renfrew said:

And skull is the best for talking shit on a football forum.

And I'm one of the many best fans. :thumbs2