Samson - The Modern Day Les Fridge

5 minutes ago, insaintee said:

I have to admit, I thought Sammy coming back was a mistake but I think he had an excellent game. 

Even the goal while he made the wrong call in not tipping it over the bar, he should have expected a defender to clear it and he did get down to Austins header which after looking at the highlights, I'm still not convinced was over the line.

He is still on the way down for the header. 

Smokie would have saved it. 

12 hours ago, JJ McG said:

We need you to stop talking shite.

More chance of Trump doing this.

12 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

We need less of your shite more than we need a new keeper.

He was at fault for the first goal.

Both Irvine (slip) and Stelios (awol) were also at fault.

Samson had a decent game thereafter and recovered well.

One save when the forward was through 1 on 1 was top drawer.

I don't suppose it is worth pointing out that he had to deal with at least half a dozen pass backs to his weaker foot... All of which he did without error.

Seriously..

Drop the agenda and at least pretend to be a supporter!

Are you really THAT deprived of attention you feel the need to reinvent yourself as the James Traynor of the forum?

Don't you dare point out the truth. It destroys his agenda.

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The ignore function is your friend.

That's all well and good until someone quotes his insane comments.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

More chance of Trump doing this.

Don't you dare point out the truth. It destroys his agenda.

That's all well and good until someone quotes his insane comments.

Lucy can't get enough :wub:

Lucy wants to replace Betty :lol:

Lucy will need to fight FTOF for my heart. B)

So not only post building but posting utter drivel into the bargain. 

Samson made one error yesterday in failing to hold the header that went in. Following that he had two very good stops one on one in the first half, a very, very good interception when Austin turned Gary Mac inside out at 3-1 and dealt with a lot of awkward passes back to him over the piece. 

He certainly had a very good game yesterday. Unfortunately he is already earmarked as the target of people's ire though. Some who sit around me were almost tripping over themselves to criticise him at the goal but were extremely reluctant to praise the good stuff he did afterwards yesterday. 

That Shull is talking nonsense and taking offence at being told he's doing so is absolutely no shock. 

Just now, shull said:

Blundered twice at the goal. 

Presently still diving to try and stop the header. 

Few weeks of the Window remaining 

Desperately needing a competent Number One. 

Where's the Wank Tank when we need it?<_<

I have to admit, I thought Sammy coming back was a mistake but I think he had an excellent game. 
Even the goal while he made the wrong call in not tipping it over the bar, he should have expected a defender to clear it and he did get down to Austins header which after looking at the highlights, I'm still not convinced was over the line.

At least a foot over the line but yes... Lack of defensive cover compounded the error.

Samson went on to have a good game.

3 hours ago, shull said:

Jamie Langfield was experienced when he was our goalkeeper. 

Although not great, Billy O'Brien is more competent than Jamie and Craig. 

O'Brian's honeymoon with our support lasted 2/3 games tops and then he started to pick up criticism - he's  currently second choice keeper with non-league Macclesfield. I wouldn't have minded keeping him but I wasn't devastated when he didn't re-sign.

Anyway no rush but if you've nothing better to do :spud5 perhaps you could fill in your dream Saintys team for 2017/18

O'Brian

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx

xxxxxx Buchannan

Feel free to amend the formation............................

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

O'Brian's honeymoon with our support lasted 2/3 games tops and then he started to pick up criticism - he's  currently second choice keeper with non-league Macclesfield. I wouldn't have minded keeping him but I wasn't devastated when he didn't re-sign.

Anyway no rush but if you've nothing better to do :spud5 perhaps you could fill in your dream Saintys team for 2017/18

O'Brian

xxxxxx Buchannan

O'Brien's big plus for me was his kicking. It's much better than Samson's, who seemed to struggle to make the halfway line on Saturday.

Still, his saves kept us in it when we were struggling for that first 20. I thought he played very well.

3 minutes ago, norman said:

O'Brien's big plus for me was his kicking. It's much better than Samson's, who seemed to struggle to make the halfway line on Saturday.

Still, his saves kept us in it when we were struggling for that first 20. I thought he played very well.

Yeah, let's accept the market we're in doesn't have any flawless keepers - I was just teasing shull a bit about O'Brien who seems to have gone up a bit in his estimation since May when he wanted him (O'Brien) to understudy to Graeme Smith (Brechin) this season.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, insaintee said:

It was well over the line, no question at all about that.

Anyway Sammy the ginger Samster Samson had a fine game from the 4th minute onward.  He contributed to what was a fine win over a club that are one of our fiercest rivals.  We have 3 points in week one, we played decent fitba and we still have some players to come back into the squad.  Saturday was a good day for our great club.  If any of our forum members cannot enjoy a day like Saturday without berating players for a mistake or having the audacity to get injured then I submit that perhaps football is not for them and our great club and its supporters and this forum would perhaps be a little better off.

Saturday was a good day,  a good day indeed.

30 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

O'Brian

xxxxxx Buchannan

Stick to General Nonsense where you are the ultimate bore. 

You're sending me for my afternoon nap before time as I struggle with the above shite. 

And stick your patronising pish up yir arse 

:snore

Edited by shull

17 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

It was well over the line, no question at all about that.

Anyway Sammy the ginger Samster Samson had a fine game from the 4th minute onward.  He contributed to what was a fine win over a club that are one of our fiercest rivals.  We have 3 points in week one, we played decent fitba and we still have some players to come back into the squad.  Saturday was a good day for our great club.  If any of our forum members cannot enjoy a day like Saturday without berating players for a mistake or having the audacity to get injured then I submit that perhaps football is not for them and our great club and its supporters and this forum would perhaps be a little better off.

Saturday was a good day,  a good day indeed.

Another hypocritical " TRUE FAN TUMSHIE " dissing St Mirren Supporters. :lol:

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Stick to General Nonsense where you are the ultimate bore. 

You're sending me for my afternoon nap before time as I struggle with the above shite. 

And stick your patronising pish up yir arse 

:snore

For a guy who dislikes abuse etc...........

Your problem is having an opinion on everything without the memory to realize when you're contradicting an earlier one. :1eye

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

For a guy who dislikes abuse etc...........

Your problem is having an opinion on everything without the memory to realize when you're contradicting an earlier one. :1eye

That was a great Power Nap. 

Feck , he's still here :snore

Undeserved abuse ain't good. 

And I will return the abuse to those who deserve it after giving me or others an unwarranted pop like getting abuse for having an original differing opinion. 

Check Saturday nights drunken morons.