Steven Thomson

Sweeper07

33 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

My wife spotted our x striker on Sportscene today with his beard!

She said - "Is that Captain Haddock - from Tintin?"

With His money - someone needs to tell him to buy a razor

A beard is natural. Are you jealous because you can't grow one? Shaving once or twice a day is pain in the face!

2 hours ago, smcc said:

A beard is natural. Are you jealous because you can't grow one? Shaving once or twice a day is pain in the face!

Yeah we have all tried the beard thing - yeah it works for some folk - personally, I hated it and my wife is not fond of me looking like Harold Shipman. Shaving is a pain but so it being itchy and having food stuck to your chin - so we are all free to make our own choice on facial hair.

Personal choice and opinion - but Steven T does look like Captain Haddock - and neither I, nor my good lady think it is a good look for this classy man with loads of money! (Captain Haddock driving an R8 - it does not work)

I posted this mainly cause I thought it was a wee bit funny - not dying to have a go at the legend or anyone who dons a beard!

15 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

My wife spotted our x striker on Sportscene today with his beard!

She said - "Is that Captain Haddock - from Tintin?"

With His money - someone needs to tell him to buy a razor

I don't know what is more cringeworthy - someone going out and getting a "footballer haircut" just because EPL players are doing it or someone growing a "footballer beard" only because Messi did it. Thommo did both. :lol:

It's almost as bad as that thing Jordan (Katie Price) started when she began using serious amounts of fake tan and shaved her eyebrows before using a Sharpie to grow them back in. Within weeks, council estates up and down the country were choc full of idiots doing the same thing. :lol:

Brrrrrrrr......

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's a woman's thing personally I have never judged a person by their look. 

I dont believe you.

If you saw a guy walk past your unlocked car with a wallet on the passenger seat wearing an old tracksuit and a burberry cap are you telling me you wouldnt flip the lock button?

Everyone judges on appearance and first impressions.

Take your virtue signalling elsewhere. 

:lol:

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's a woman's thing personally I have never judged a person by their look. 

I believe you. You come over as more than decent dude who would all an equal chance. 

Me , I always lock my doors while sitting between hires 

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I dont believe you.

If you saw a guy walk past your unlocked car with a wallet on the passenger seat wearing an old tracksuit and a burberry cap are you telling me you wouldnt flip the lock button?

Everyone judges on appearance and first impressions.

Take your virtue signalling elsewhere. 

:lol:

You mean like my daughters boy friend who picked up the purse of an old woman that fell out her bag and did not notice then gave it back to her while wearing his finest tracksuit and base ball cap. As for my wallet I'm a Paisley man it never leaves the bottom of my pocket which is at my ankles :)

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You mean like my daughters boy friend who picked up the purse of an old woman that fell out her bag and did not notice then gave it back to her while wearing his finest tracksuit and base ball cap. As for my wallet I'm a Paisley man it never leaves the bottom of my pocket which is at my ankles :)

I can think of many things that I might put on the passenger seat, but never my wallet.

WRT beards, I first grew mine in 1971 while on holiday. At that time I had very dark hair and had to shave twice a day if was was going out in the evening. My beard was tough and needed a new blade in my safety razor evert other day. I usually ended up with several pieces of toilet paper stuck to my chin to stop the bleeding. Electric razors were worse than useless.

I have never been tempted to shave off my beard since!

Edited by smcc

16 minutes ago, smcc said:

I can think of many things that I might put on the passenger seat, but never my wallet.

WRT beards, I first grew mine in 1971 while on holiday. At that time I had very dark hair and had to shave twice a day if was was going out in the evening. My beard was tough and needed a new blade in my safety razor evert other day. I usually ended up with several pieces of toilet paper stuck to my chin to stop the bleeding. Electric razors were worse than useless.

I have never been tempted to shave of my beard.since!

Ok Missus . You keep yer beard !! :rolleyes: