Model Kidnap Allegations

faraway saint

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/05/uk-model-kidnapped-and-held-captive-in-italy-for-six-days

20 year old glamour model "seemingly" caught up in some sort of deal to sell her.

She's on TV, half naked, posing after the ordeal.

A "friend" of hers is on TV admitting she's "naïve"

This friend also saying the situation the 20 year old found herself in was avoidable.

She could/should have been accompanied to this sort of "shoot" in another country.

Suppose it'll all come out in the wash.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/05/uk-model-kidnapped-and-held-captive-in-italy-for-six-days

20 year old glamour model "seemingly" caught up in some sort of deal to sell her.

This friend also saying the situation the 20 year old found herself in was avoidable.

She could/should have been accompanied to this sort of "shoot" in another country.

Aye, the posing for the camera thing when she was interviewed in the alleged aftermath was a bit bizarre.

That said, young folks can be vulnerable to all kinds of online (and offline) manipulation. She might have been aware of the way it was was going to be played out and was colluding for the publicity to kick-start her career, but all pretty shabby regardless.

Just now, Drew said:

Aye, the posing for the camera thing when she was interviewed in the alleged aftermath was a bit bizarre.

That said, young folks can be vulnerable to all kinds of online (and offline) manipulation. She might have been aware of the way it was was going to be played out and was colluding for the publicity to kick-start her career, but all pretty shabby regardless.

Aye, there's so many possibilities that could have happened but she does leave herself open to people not taking her too seriously when she poses for the press close to naked.

She is 20, still young but most model agencies, well, reputable ones, would provide guidance and advice on the "do's and don'ts" when accepting jobs, especially in another country.

Her parents, while not always easy, could have surely advised her to present herself in an appropriate manner outside the house?

Followed her dream to Italy where it all went wrong yes naive not doing her home work. She does not look traumatised after such an ordeal. Is it a lie or truth ? Then again who is her agent who could be telling her to take advantage of international press coverage. The other side of the coin  an Italian is going to jail to help this girl to get publicity. I very much doubt that was planed. There is a huge sex slave market out there. My gut tells me she is telling the truth. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Also worth mentioning that the BBC crew involved in the interview (which I only seen trailed, to be fair) were pretty irresponsible for allowing the whole posing thing.

I've just watched the report on The BBC news channel. Firstly it was clearly an arranged PR event, secondly she was merely standing outside her house with the pet pooch. Thirdly, she was wearing next to nothing, and presumably to fully manipulate the situation to her advantage. Her friend calls her naive, and that appears to be correct.

1 minute ago, FS said:

I've just watched the report on The BBC news channel. Firstly it was clearly an arranged PR event, secondly she was merely standing outside her house with the pet pooch. Thirdly, she was wearing next to nothing, and presumably to fully manipulate the situation to her advantage. Her friend calls her naive, and that appears to be correct.

As someone in that line of work, FS, would you reckon that the BBC had a level of responsibility as to how the interview and filming was conducted? How much influence would they have in this respect?

12 minutes ago, FS said:

You reckon someone is prepaid to go to jail to help her get publicity? 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I am a little sceptic regarding all this as the model in question has some 'previous' for this sort of thing. In December last year whilst staying in London i went out to a big swanky affair Claridges where among many others this lassie was 'working' the room on behalf of the sponsor. After a great meal, and a few glasses of bubbly went back to my room to be woken at 03:00am with this wummin screaming, shouting and banging on my hotel door...

in the end i had to get up and let her out.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I am a little sceptic regarding all this as the model in question has some 'previous' for this sort of thing. In December last year whilst staying in London i went out to a big swanky affair Claridges where among many others this lassie was 'working' the room on behalf of the sponsor. After a great meal, and a few glasses of bubbly went back to my room to be woken at 03:00am with this wummin screaming, shouting and banging on my hotel door...

in the end i had to get up and let her out.

Hope you got her to sign up for Buy The Buds? 

She also admits to having been sleeping in the same bed as her "abductor" prior to the event ("under duress") and when pressed on that point she said that it was quite normal on an overseas shoot !!!  The whole thing stinks and as the old saying goes there is no such thing as bad publicity especially in the fame game although I genuinely believe this girl does not realise the trouble she is potentially getting herself into here if it is all a sham.

Guest TPAFKATS

I was surprised to see this story run 'as is' as one might f the main features on the bbc news at ten last night.

There seemed to be no real questioning of any details and posing in denim cut offs in the garden was a bizarre choice.

I mistook her age for 18 and both my wife and I immediately asked why she travelled alone to Milan.

Think there's more to come out of this story.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I was surprised to see this story run 'as is' as one might f the main features on the bbc news at ten last night.

There seemed to be no real questioning of any details and posing in denim cut offs in the garden was a bizarre choice.

I mistook her age for 18 and both my wife and I immediately asked why she travelled alone to Milan.

Think there's more to come out of this story.

Agree 100%.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

As someone in that line of work, FS, would you reckon that the BBC had a level of responsibility as to how the interview and filming was conducted? How much influence would they have in this respect?

Little or no influence as that would be seen as manipluation of the situation. I'd assume it's up to the girl, her parents or even her agent to present her in appropriate attire. Looks like sheer bravado to me and as others have suggested, there could be more to the story than meets the eye, I'll assume a "Read about my ordeal" feature in The Sun with salacious pictures before the end of the week.

6 minutes ago, FS said:

Little or no influence as that would be seen as manipluation of the situation. I'd assume it's up to the girl, her parents or even her agent to present her in appropriate attire. Looks like sheer bravado to me and as others have suggested, there could be more to the story than meets the eye, I'll assume a "Read about my ordeal" feature in The Sun with salacious pictures before the end of the week.

This could go all the way to a movie contract.

Only a certain type of movie right enough.

She also admits to having been sleeping in the same bed as her "abductor" prior to the event ("under duress") and when pressed on that point she said that it was quite normal on an overseas shoot !!!  The whole thing stinks and as the old saying goes there is no such thing as bad publicity especially in the fame game although I genuinely believe this girl does not realise the trouble she is potentially getting herself into here if it is all a sham.

If she was in bed with the "abductor" and it does indeed turn out to be a sham, what do you think the headlines will be in the tabloids???

I'll go for....... Sham 69 [emoji87]