Sometimes Other Artists Do It Better whats yours

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Not a fan of Clapton at all. Hugely overrated, in my opinion.

I prefer Bob Marley's original hands down.

Dylan's All Along the Watchtower as covered by Hendrix is much better, IMHO.

Not a huge fan ether though admit to having his unplugged album which I like. I shoot the sherrif is better for me but that could be down to production and sound engineering.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone who covers a Bob Dylan song immediately renders it better by it not having Dylan's gawd awful nasal whine all over it.

Agree with these comments what Roxy's version does for me is when it goes instramental near the end of the track it's Roxy at their rocking best , bass and lead guatar are brilliant.   

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Never, never, never in a million years and this from the guy who based most of his career on the work of black artistes and then stopped one of his concerts in the mid-70's to declare his support for Enoch Powell - disgraceful!

It was in reaction to this that Rock Against Racism was formed - never, never, never.

Originally conceived as a one-off concert with a message against racism, Rock Against Racism was founded in 1976 by Red Saunders, Roger Huddle and others. According to Huddle, "it remained just an idea until August 1976" when Eric Clapton made a drunken declaration of support for former Conservative minister Enoch Powell (known for his anti-immigration Rivers of Blood speech) at a concert in Birmingham.[2] Clapton told the crowd that England had "become overcrowded" and that they should vote for Powell to stop Britain from becoming "a black colony". He also told the audience that Britain should "get the foreigners out, get the wogs out, get the coons out", and then he repeatedly shouted the National Front slogan "Keep Britain White".[3][

Clapton is an absolutely disgraceful man who still stands by these remarks

In an interview from October 1976 with Sounds magazine, Clapton said that he was not a political person and that his rambling remarks that night were not appropriate.[156] However, in a 2004 interview with Uncut, Clapton referred to Powell as "outrageously brave".[157] He complained that the UK was "... inviting people in as cheap labour and then putting them in ghettos".[158] In 2004, Clapton told an interviewer for Scotland on Sunday, "There's no way I could be a racist. It would make no sense".[159] In his 2007 autobiography, Clapton called himself "deliberately oblivious to it all" and wrote, "I had never really understood or been directly affected by racial conflict ... when I listened to music, I was disinterested in where the players came from or what colour their skin was. Interesting, then, that 10 years later, I would be labelled a racist."[160] In a December 2007 interview with Melvyn Bragg on The South Bank Show, Clapton reiterated his support for Enoch Powell and again denied that Powell's views were racist.[161]

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Never, never, never in a million years and this from the guy who based most of his career on the work of black artistes and then stopped one of his concerts in the mid-70's to declare his support for Enoch Powell - disgraceful!

It was in reaction to this that Rock Against Racism was formed - never, never, never.

I know nothing about artists and politics when an artist opens their mouth about politics I never listen as it's a lot of pishy shite of someone elses view. Im a music man first and foremost. In case you want to elaborate further yes there are plenty political songs out there attached to great tunes I will go for the tune then.