Sometimes Other Artists Do It Better whats yours

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone who covers a Bob Dylan song immediately renders it better by it not having Dylan's gawd awful nasal whine all over it.

Just as well i checked before posting. I was just about to say the same .

People keep telling me "you dont get it , hes a great poet, listen to his lyrics "  I`d happily listen to the lyrics...... with someone else singing them !!

Just as well i checked before posting. I was just about to say the same .
People keep telling me "you dont get it , hes a great poet, listen to his lyrics "  I`d happily listen to the lyrics...... with someone else singing them !!

I've got 4 versions of 'All Along the Watchtower" - Neil Young and Chrissie Hynde, Weller, Dylan himself and (of course) Hendrix. Dylan's is by far the poorest.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I know nothing about artists and politics when an artist opens their mouth about politics I never listen as it's a lot of pishy shite of someone elses view. Im a music man first and foremost. In case you want to elaborate further yes there are plenty political songs out there attached to great tunes I will go for the tune then. 

Clapton I reckon was objectionable on a couple of points as an individual but it doesn't stop me owning a couple of his albums. .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Clapton I reckon was objectionable on a couple of points as an individual but it doesn't stop me owning a couple of his albums. .

A few years ago KT Turnstall did a interview for Q she was rabbiting on about how narrow minded Scotland was about England that everyone in Scotland heated England. Will put my hand up to write I was very angry who was she to speak on behalf of me or for anyone else up here for that matter. Musicians can have a powerful voice to the masses in their songs. Unless they are helping the unfortunate Band Aid and the like I tend not to listen too deeply the lyrics. Good old love and peace mixed with life experiences do me. Tend to buy music for that the tune. Never have asked to see the lyric sheet sheet when buying an album it's the tunes as it is for everybody. We get older we change our views on all sorts of things leave the political shit to those in the house of words. Parliaments. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

A few years ago KT Turnstall did a interview for Q she was rabbiting on about how narrow minded Scotland was about England that everyone in Scotland heated England. Will put my hand up to write I was very angry who was she to speak on behalf of me or for anyone else up here for that matter. Musicians can have a powerful voice to the masses in their songs. Unless they are helping the unfortunate Band Aid and the like I tend not to listen too deeply the lyrics. Good old love and peace mixed with life experiences do me. Tend to buy music for that the tune. Never have asked to see the lyric sheet sheet when buying an album it's the tunes as it is for everybody. We get older we change our views on all sorts of things leave the political shit to those in the house of words. Parliaments. 

It's our oil that heats England,  :zipit

I think it is a scientific principle that for every great record there is an equally great cover version and an equally great "different" version. Have a think about it. Two of my favourite albums are covers - Bowie's "Pin Ups" and Shawn Colvin's "Cover Girl".

I've got 4 versions of 'All Along the Watchtower" - Neil Young and Chrissie Hynde, Weller, Dylan himself and (of course) Hendrix. Dylan's is by far the poorest.

Have you heard the live version with The Band on Before the Flood?

Edited by rabuddies
added a bit

I think it is a scientific principle that for every great record there is an equally great cover version and an equally great "different" version. Have a think about it. Two of my favourite albums are covers - Bowie's "Pin Ups" and Shawn Colvin's "Cover Girl".
Have you heard the live version with The Band on Before the Flood?

I've heard it but it's Dylan singing it...

:)

Dylan has two "singing" voices, the Guthrie inspired whine from his folk/protest days and a pleasant but limited tenor which is probably most prominent on 69's Nashville Skyline album with songs like Lay Lady Lay although it does also feature on a few of his early 70's tracks. Once he'd switched to electric guitar and a more personal songs he'd have been better suited to go with the tenor but I guess he just doesn't give a fuck, certainly on albums like Desire & Street Legal he almost seems to be caricaturing himself.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
OK, got it sorted. What we need are wind turbines whose blades are solar panels and made from some impact absorbing material, to absorb the impact of the precipitation, that are designed to channel the rain water through lots of mini turbines and then the water is channelled for crop irrigation. Doesn't matter what the weather's like, we'll be generating electricity and growing munchies.

Right, how do you register a patent? [emoji4]

Next, how to store all this f**king power?

You might be better registering as a patient [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...