Darryl Duffy

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I hope this works out but I'm not too sure. Is he a replacement for  a player 10 month his junior who is a known quantity?  I hope not. 

If you mean Sutton, Duffy is 5 months younger than Sutton. Anyway, the signs are that Sutton is staying. I might be totally wrong in this, but i can see Ross Stewart (striker) being sent on loan for a few months now.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

If you mean Sutton, Duffy is 5 months younger than Sutton. Anyway, the signs are that Sutton is staying. I might be totally wrong in this, but i can see Ross Stewart (striker) being sent on loan for a few months now.

My mistake but my sentiment is still the same. Anyway Duffy looks 10 years older! :huh:

31 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Getting the same sinking feeling when we signed Alan Gow

A player who has rejected our offers in the past when younger

Only to sign when in his twilight

Hope it works out but i'm not holding my breath 

Not what I was hoping for.

Been mentioned plenty of times, seems the money we got for recent players has disappeared into Ralston, if you care to believe that. :rolleyes:

Still, we are what we are.

Ross got plenty from an average squad last season which was supported by an excellent midfielder.

Not sure we have a shining light this season.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Been mentioned plenty of times, seems the money we got for recent players has disappeared into Ralston, if you care to believe that. :rolleyes:

Ross got plenty from an average squad last season which was supported by an excellent midfielder.

Kye Magennis and Lewis Morgan are shining lights, no?

Just now, faraway saint said:

At this stage of the season, eh, jury's out, aye? :byebye

Morgan terrorised the Falkirk defence on Saturday. They were shitting themselves whenever he was on the ball.

Weren't you watching it on the radio?

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Morgan terrorised the Falkirk defence on Saturday. They were shitting themselves whenever he was on the ball.

Weren't you watching it on the radio?

So, you're really saying after ONE game he's our shining light? :lol:

You also mentioned another player who not kicked a ball in anger this season?  :1eye

Aye, there filling the boots of our saviour from last season.

You're losing it.  :byebye

Anyhow, back on topic................time will tell but I'm in the "meh" bus at the minute.

Edited by faraway saint

Welcome to the 2021. If he's fit and ready to be selected, if he chips in with goals, if he can help our younger strikers, and if he can make an impact off the bench, then he'll be a good signing. I'm not holding my breath waiting for St Mirren to announce a signing that 'excites'. In this modern era and with us in the second tier, could be a long wait. Just wondering who we could sign that would be classed as exciting anyway. Scott McDonald? Rory Loy? Hmm. Nah, a few seasoned pros to mix in with the kids, and we sit back hoping Jack gets em' knitted into a decent side. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, you're really saying after ONE game he's our shining light? :lol:

You also mentioned another player who not kicked a ball in anger this season?  :1eye

Aye, there filling the boots of our saviour from last season.

You're losing it.  :byebye

Anyhow, back on topic................time will tell but I'm in the "meh" bus at the minute.

TBH I think most of us are on the "meh" bus, let's hope DD can do the business...Good luck son.

38 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Experienced, back up for Reilly and someone who has a track record of scoring goals at this level.

Not the most inspirational signing, but as long as he chips in with a few goals, then I'll be happy.

I would agree with this.

Reilly is the main man. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes as the division's leading scorer.

Sutton & Stewart will be good partners for Reilly and Duffy gives good cover.

I think we look good going forward.

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We'll need to see how it goes. 8 goals against Airdrie & Falkirk suggests to me that we may be able to get by without Mallan.

Sometimes when a star player leaves, it forces others to take on more responsibility.

Welcome to the club Darryl!

I really hope this doesn't spell the end of Sutton as he a cracking big player and will be a real asset to us this season as will every player who takes to the field for us.

Hopefully we get the best out of Darryl in his time at the club.

Good luck Darryl!

1 minute ago, Mykey said:

I might be wrong but I assume since he's been training with us for a while that Jack thinks he's better than Sutton. I think it's Sutton that'll be back up to Duffy and Reilly, or that Sutton will be mutually consented

Not necessarily.

Duffy might be the cover / competition for Reilly. I can see Sutton & Stewart fighting it out to partner Reilly.

Finding a player who is willing to come and be a squad player and who is half decent is a difficult task. Potential young loanees are generally wanting to come to be regulars. Duffy though is a journey man whose career is almost at an end. He probably doesn't have any other full time options. He's half decent, has showed up well in training. Suits both parties.

I think its a good signing.

You might be right though....

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How can you say we've not got a shining light this season, then when offered possibles, say it's impossible to judge after one game?! Surely that goes both ways.

:blink:

Morgan was player of the year last year, so seems a likely candidate.

15 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

How can you say we've not got a shining light this season, then when offered possibles, say it's impossible to judge after one game?! Surely that goes both ways.

:blink:

Morgan was player of the year last year, so seems a likely candidate.

I'm meaning someone who will be the player who could get us into a play off spot, that's WHY it's impossible to judge after one game.

I doubt this new signing is this player, which is what I said from my first post.

It was other people who, as usual, changed the direction of my post.

Hope this clears this up.

Getting harder to say anything remotely different in here unless it's "Oh yes, everything is rosy".