Darryl Duffy

14 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I thought he did fine.......neat, tidy and quite busy. Had one situation where he should have sot instead of squaring it across goal. I would think he will get better and contribute more with game time.

Yes mate I agree, looks the part and great to have experience, he still needs to understand the way we play and develop understandings, but for me a plus..... Think Ross Stewart is simply trying to hard 

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

How did Duffy play last night I know he is not fully fit just yet but would like to hear what impression you had. 

I'd say he struggled to make much of an impact.  Although the quality of the opposition wasn't high, it was a tough ask for a first game, as East Kilbride played with nine men behind the ball in the final third of the pitch, for the entire first half more or less.  So he had very little space and not much in the way of quality supply to work with.   Then came off after 10 mins of the 2nd half.

The other debutant, Liam Smith, looked pretty good though solid in defence, good movement and some decent crosses.  But he was given miles of space so had it a bit easier.  Still Liam scoops the debutant of the evening award IMO.

Edited by ds10

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 10:37 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Maybe he is coaching our forwards after all he has a wealth of experience but can step in if needed. Just a thought 

Maybe he was brought in to placate some posters on here who would have no doubt said " i don't know , for the life of me , that we didn't sign local lad duffy when we had the chance ". .

. .anyway the bunker  beckons and that Communist Manifesto isn't going to read itself. .:wink:

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Maybe he was brought in to placate some posters on here who would have no doubt said " i don't know , for the life of me , that we didn't sign local lad duffy when we had the chance ". .

. .anyway the bunker  beckons and that Communist Manifesto isn't going to read itself. .:wink:

Local lad.

Wonder if there is anyone on the forum who might have an insight into why this local lad didnt sign for his local team all those years ago ? <_<

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bloody hell!

Tough crowd to please or what?

I think a couple of you are being rather harsh on a guy who was brought in as a squad player and hasn't had a game simply as we haven't needed him.  I dont know what he was supposed to do with a few minutes on the pitch??

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Bloody hell!

Tough crowd to please or what?

I think a couple of you are being rather harsh on a guy who was brought in as a squad player and hasn't had a game simply as we haven't needed him.  I dont know what he was supposed to do with a few minutes on the pitch??

Exactly. Never really got a chance through no fault of his own. Some signings work out , some don't. Good luck to him at Airdrie.