Just now, Drew said:

I see where you're coming from, but, for me, he has just been edged out by a better player. Had Davis not recovered, I wouldn't have had a huge issue with Buchanan holding on to his place alongside Baird. As such, I consider him a decent signing.

I wouldn't disagree too much with you on that, I was just making a quick list and noted he's out of the picture now. Did his bet earlier in the season as you say.

Or Jack thought that, as the game wore on, a taller, more physical striker would have more luck against a certain defence?

I agree on Reilly, but that is not the point.

Or maybe Jack is targeting someone who, in his opinion, is even "more capable" than Reilly which would result in Reilly not getting much game time and becoming a "waste of a wage", and is moving Duffy on to create space (or give Duffy a chance at game time)?

As I've already said, there could be lots of reasons why he isn't getting any game time, only one of which is that Jack doesn't think he is capable.

If you had phrased it as "we're spending money on someone who is getting virtually no game time and the money could probably be better spent" (or something similar) and not as he's a "waste of a wage" then that would have been different (and I assume that is what you really meant), but defending the phrase you used when it obviously has the meaning that "he's useless and can't do the job" is now getting beyond the ridiculous.  All this could have been avoided by clarifying your original statement.  Unless, of course, that actually is what you meant?

Does it really matter how it’s said, I haven’t slaughtered his footballing capabilities, just that he was wasting a wage it our squad, which he was. I’m glad that he’s gone if he’s not going to play.

No one will ever know the true capabilities of Duffy as he wasn’t given then chance.

Jack Ross has done fantastically well with the majority of transfers and have absolutely no issue with that.

Delighted to be watching the team this year, what a transformation.

30 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Does it really matter how it’s said, I haven’t slaughtered his footballing capabilities, just that he was wasting a wage it our squad, which he was. I’m glad that he’s gone if he’s not going to play.

No one will ever know the true capabilities of Duffy as he wasn’t given then chance.

Jack Ross has done fantastically well with the majority of transfers and have absolutely no issue with that.

Delighted to be watching the team this year, what a transformation.

Actually, it does.  The phrase "he's a waste of a wage" means that the person is not capable of properly doing the job for which they are employed and, by using that phrase, you really are slaughtering his football capabilities.  Even the phrase "the wage is being wasted" would be better.

The rest of the post, I have no issue with.

Actually, it does.  The phrase "he's a waste of a wage" means that the person is not capable of properly doing the job for which they are employed and, by using that phrase, you really are slaughtering his football capabilities.  Even the phrase "the wage is being wasted" would be better.

The rest of the post, I have no issue with.

We will agree to disagree then as saying he’s a waste of a wage (which he was) was in no way slaughtering his football ability.

We move on.

Exciting times ahead in the transfer market hopefully.

20 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

We will agree to disagree then as saying he’s a waste of a wage (which he was) was in no way slaughtering his football ability.

We move on.

Exciting times ahead in the transfer market hopefully.

Where we goin'?