Livingston v St Mirren SPFL Championship 19/8/17

shull

Great battling performance after Thompson did his level best to cheat us out of 3 points . I wonder if he'll be demoted to the first division next week ? 

Gavin Reilly on fire today . Easily on course for 20 goals this season .

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A great result, especially in the circumstances.

Plenty would have taken a point before the game, more so after going down to ten men.

Great 3 points, 2 good wins from 3 and a great confidence boost before next weeks match with Dundee United.

No reason we can't win this one as we're scoring goals.

Agreed, but consistency... as we've been a bit ....   good result/ bad result/good result/ bad result/ so far ... and have conceded the 2nd most in the division..  (Though Utd not exactly banging in the goals either.. hope they manage none next week)

So hoping we can be tight next week and score the goals that will bring more confidence, and results..

3rd or 4th on goal difference  .. a win next week and we could be in the top 2 and at least on level terms with Utd (The league favourites)

Was not expecting that, superb result especially as being down to ten men. What a fecking weird team we are, great opening day result then crap against our rivals not much better against an amateur team Tuesday night then we come out and pump an in form livi away from home with ten men. I guess that is why we follow the buddies!

Delighted the Forum will be a happy and contented place tonight and possibly for a few days.

Time for celebration.

Hopefully those who misbehave due to alcohol will remain logged off.

THE SAINTS ARE BACK :clapping

30 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I was worried about Buchanan before the game but he pulled out a man of the match performance today, talked the defence through the game until the sending off and put in so many blocks and won virtually everything in the air at both ends of the park. 

I thought Buchanan came in for some unwarranted criticism v Morton. When he came on he won more challenges than he lost.

As for today's result. It was great to see us fight so hard for 60 minutes with 10 men. And someone mentioned Thomson trying to cheat us out of the win. I think Thomson is a Saint's fan and overcompensates in case he looks biased.

32 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I was worried about Buchanan before the game but he pulled out a man of the match performance today, talked the defence through the game until the sending off and put in so many blocks and won virtually everything in the air at both ends of the park. 

Good to see he's beginning to show the good form that he showed for Dumbarton.

We're far too willing to write off players on the strength of a couple of games.

Back to the game. Only 1 available centre half dictated our shape at the start of the game with 3 at the back. Fast start. Came back very, very well after being reduced to 10 men. Excellent team spirit and support from each other against a decent Livvy Team. Highly entertaining game ending in our favour. What's not to like? More please but keep 11 men on the park. Sets up next week's game very nicely.

Great result. We started brightly and got ourselves in front and if Reilly had looked up when clean through Smith would've tapped in for 2-0. Then they equalise, Thomson steps in and we're up against it.

I'd have taken a draw at HT but 2nd half we were brilliant. Everyone played their part, even McShane, whose two deliveries led to the goals.

Great strikers goals from Reilly and we could've added to the score as Morgan tore their left back up for arse paper.

We gave them all the possession they wanted but they couldn't bother us at all.

Brilliant away performance, especially in the second half.