Livingston v St Mirren SPFL Championship 19/8/17

shull

Brilliant result yesterday and to a man we were excellent albeit Sammy still gives me shivers at cross balls !

Good to see Mcginn back to his best and in wee Reilly we have a player that will score goals in the old style poacher mode. His second goal yesterday was a cracker. That bond between players and fans is building again - let's get right behind this team and see where it takes us. Will be a rollercoaster no doubt but that's why we luv St Mirren ! COYS !

Great to see an overall good performance yesterday. Reilly, Smith and Morgan ran Livi ragged, McGinn held it up in the middle, but still off his best. Defence fared well apart from nodding off for their goal and letting their man dominate.

McShane was largely anonymous seeming to watch more than participate, a luxury against better teams we cannot afford. Buchannan looked assured, which may see Baird or McKenzie benched when the suspensions are cleared. Good to see Eckersley back and hopefully his collection of spoons will be put away as he gains match fitness. I think if I was Ross seeing how many times Samson punched easy catches, flapped and kicked the ball out from restarts.... i would be giving the youngster a run between the sticks.

against a team better equiped to take chances Samson would have cost us yesterday.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Great to see an overall good performance yesterday. Reilly, Smith and Morgan ran Livi ragged, McGinn held it up in the middle, but still off his best. Defence fared well apart from nodding off for their goal and letting their man dominate.

McShane was largely anonymous seeming to watch more than participate, a luxury against better teams we cannot afford. Buchannan looked assured, which may see Baird or McKenzie benched when the suspensions are cleared. Good to see Eckersley back and hopefully his collection of spoons will be put away as he gains match fitness. I think if I was Ross seeing how many times Samson punched easy catches, flapped and kicked the ball out from restarts.... i would be giving the youngster a run between the sticks.

against a team better equiped to take chances Samson would have cost us yesterday.

He is a very poor Goalkeeper who has been getting away with it for years. 

It just proves there is a severe lack of quality Keepers in Scotland.

We may have to go to England to sign a class Goalie.

We will need one for our title push.

I think if I was Ross seeing how many times Samson punched easy catches, flapped and kicked the ball out from restarts.... i would be giving the youngster a run between the sticks.

I don't believe there would have been anything easy about catching the high ball in those conditions yesterday. Samson did well and had a few important saves. He'll be fine.

25 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I don't believe there would have been anything easy about catching the high ball in those conditions yesterday. Samson did well and had a few important saves. He'll be fine.

How did Neil Alexander do with crosses yesterday?

21 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Didn't see him coming for any. Too busy picking the ball out of his net!emoji3.png

He certainly didn't look too clever when he palmed the ball straight out to Reilly for our second.

Fantastic finish from Reilly for our third goal.:happyclapper

1 hour ago, shull said:

He is a very poor Goalkeeper who has been getting away with it for years. 

It just proves there is a severe lack of quality Keepers in Scotland.

We may have to go to England to sign a class Goalie.

We will need one for our title push.

Or, we could give our young lad a game and see if he is any better.

1 hour ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Reilly his two goals are exactly what has been missing from saints attacks for years. A poacher who follows up and anticipates mistakes, loose balls, back post balls. Fantastic.

Totally agree

6 goals in 8 games extrapolated over the season would have him smashing the 20 goal a season mark.

How good would it be to have one of those strikers again ?!

Samson is doing just fine . Absolutely no need to change the keeper presently .

I agree. I wasn't keen to see him return, but in the 2 games that I have watch this season he has done nothing wrong, and certainly not to blame for the 6 goals lost in the league.

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Livingston right back Declan Gallagher really impressed me yesterday he will go far in the game I would think. 

As far as the opposition penalty box ?  :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Livingston right back Declan Gallagher really impressed me yesterday he will go far in the game I would think. 

If he manages to avoid beating anybody else up with a baseball bat...............................