Liam Smith - 1 year loan

Drew

My favourite thing in that interview is the words he uses. He uses 'we' to discuss St Mirren and 'they' to discuss Hearts. Very small things that highlight to me how he feels about being part of our team.

I remember Alex Rae and every interview he used the word 'they' when talking about our players.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

My favourite thing in that interview is the words he uses. He uses 'we' to discuss St Mirren and 'they' to discuss Hearts. Very small things that highlight to me how he feels about being part of our team.

I remember Alex Rae and every interview he used the word 'they' when talking about our players.

Good post, that part in bold always rankles with me, too. I remember seeing a Yogi Hughes interview last season when Raith were plummeting and he was talking about the players in a very detached way, too, almost as if he didn't even know their names. Little things like this are important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See Liam Smith is being linked with a loan move to Ayr Utd.

I'd be rather gutted to see a championship side taking on a right back who is both firmly within our price range and definitely good enough to improve our squad.

Surely we've got to go for him if he's available.  He's considerably better than what we've got.

See Liam Smith is being linked with a loan move to Ayr Utd.
I'd be rather gutted to see a championship side taking on a right back who is both firmly within our price range and definitely good enough to improve our squad.

He was certainly a first pick for us in the championship , but when we’ve got some more defending to do then I’m not so sure , you would think Hearts would keep him if they thought he was up to it. RB is a key problem position for us right now imo .

5 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Surely we've got to go for him if he's available.  He's considerably better than what we've got.

Not true Paul McGinn is coming on too his game you are being overly harsh. However as back up Liam would be a good option but don't think that's what he is looking for. Ayr are a club on the up that will be good for Liam.