QoS Game

Langbank

Would prefer 5.10pm on the Saturday

16 August 2017

St Mirren v Queen of the South moved for BBC Alba

SMFC Webteam
 Fans News

St Mirren's home match against Queen of the South on Saturday 23rd September has been rescheduled after being selected for live coverage on BBC ALBA.

The match will now take place on Sunday 24th September with a 4:10pm kick-off.

The full details for the rescheduled fixture are as follows:

St Mirren v Queen of the South
Ladbrokes Championship 
Paisley 2021 Stadium, Paisley
Sunday, 24th September 2017
Live on BBC ALBA, 4:10pm kick-off

I was hoping Alba has stop doing our league but sadly it is not the case. This game won't be the 1st at home to be moved either since I think they have the right to show up to 3 home games of any clubs. Only slight plus side we won't lose much cash from the away support since they wouldn't have been a large away support anyway but hospitality could well take a hit.  5K I believe is the sum we get from them :thumbsdown

6 minutes ago, shull said:

The Match could easily be chosen by Alba when the Fixtures were first issued in June.

The game is about 6 weeks away.

I fully understand far flung fuds make a choice and book travel so this is a major hassle, to say the least.

For the vast majority it's a minor inconvenience, curtailing the bevvy no doubt, but not the end of the world.

The game is about 6 weeks away.
I fully understand far flung fuds make a choice and book travel so this is a major hassle, to say the least.
For the vast majority it's a minor inconvenience, curtailing the bevvy no doubt, but not the end of the world.

Assuming it won't be a minor inconvenience to you [emoji56]

Feckin' ridiculous. It would have been bad enough if it had been, Friday evening, Saturday  5>00pm or Sunday noon but Sunday 16:10? They can shove it where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

Given this is the Gaelic channel geared up for Gaelic speakers I'm surprised they have chosen a game where neither team resides north of the Clyde. I can't see their core viewers being remotely interested in this one.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yip, usual "angst" when this happens.

Go or don't go, just stop wailing abut it.

In the bigger picture it doesn't matter that much, except to yourself.

Suppose it might matter to those who have effectively paid in advance with season tickets, those who like to keep Sundays for family, Sunday footballers etc . 

On the other hand , it will benefit those who work Saturdays ...every cloud and all that.

Mind you i still think its a stupid bloody time !!