3   St Mirren 6 4 0 2 14 11 3 12
4   Livingston 7 3 3 1 12 9 3 12

5   Morton 7 3 2 2 11 8 3 11
6   Queen of Sth 6 3 1 2 13 8 5 10
7   Dumbarton 7 2 3 2 6 9 -3 9
8   Inverness CT 7 1 1 5 10 16 -6 4

9   Falkirk 7 0 3 4 5 14 -9 3

10   Brechin 7 0 2 5 5 17 -12 2

Looking at that table its suddenly a big game tomorrow. Win and we are right up there, draw or lose and we stay in the pack.

Cant see many fans travelling from Dumfries, why should they when can watch for free on TV.

Livi are doing well, only been beaten once by us.

Go for 2-1 Saints.....

PS Ha ha Falkirk.

Looking at that table its suddenly a big game tomorrow. Win and we are right up there, draw or lose and we stay in the pack.
Cant see many fans travelling from Dumfries, why should they when can watch for free on TV.
Livi are doing well, only been beaten once by us.
Go for 2-1 Saints.....
PS Ha ha Falkirk.

Disagree totally.

‘suddenly a big game’ ? Bollocks.

Each game is as important as the other in the league as points are available in every league game.

We have played 6 games and all of a sudden it’s ‘a big game’ ? Reality check required, good start, be really good to keep the momentum going, which is a long way from where we were this time last season.

Draw 2-2

34 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Disagree totally.

‘suddenly a big game’ ? Bollocks.

Each game is as important as the other in the league as points are available in every league game.

We have played 6 games and all of a sudden it’s ‘a big game’ ? Reality check required, good start, be really good to keep the momentum going, which is a long way from where we were this time last season.

Draw 2-2

It is so a big game..............it's also a big weekend.......................a must win game....................

:lol:

Its been a good start to the season and at our best we have played some great football as we did during 'The Great Escape' last season.  I'm enjoying this league and the fact we try and play football. But to be up there challenging come the end of the season we are going to have to stop conceding as many goals, especially away from home.

Tough game tomorrow and we are without Buchanan, MacKenzie and Eckersley so expect us to return to a back 4.  Hopefully we will get a reaction after the Dunfermline game as we did after the Morton game and take the 3 points :)

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

So 2 league games our of 6 and you think 20 mins is early in a game emoji102.png

Yes, one third of games we are losing goals in the first third.

add to that, the near misses that we have survived, there is no doubt, we take a long time to settle defensively and if our goal threat is nullified then we are very vulnerable-as evidence in 2 crucial games so far.

there are hopeful signs as well as serious alarm bells

Dobbie & Lyle......................need to keep an eye on these two or we're in trouble.
Obviously concerns about our defence, even on a good day TBH, and QOS will know we're vulnerable.
Hope our midfield and forwards have a good day, we'll need to score 2 or 3 to win IMO.
Saying that probably 0-0. :rolleyes:

As above today's a day most people expect an easy win but a score draw might just be an acceptable result due to injury/suspension situation.

Every game is a hard game. The team has to be at their best in every game. There has been 2 games this year below the players own standards (morton and dunfermline) and we know the outcome. The other matches the players were on top form. So if after  every game the players can walk of the pitch knowing they did their best and played well I am happy but if they come of the pitch knowing they didn't  like after morton which I left with 20 min to go as it was dire then they get beat fair and square. Today is going to be difficult,  next week will be difficult,  all games will difficult this season. But players must be up for every game

Edited by fan4ever

1 hour ago, David Mc said:

Not many on here predicting an easy win.

Apart from Shull the walloper.

This will be a very difficult game, likely to be goals as both teams are better going forward than they are defensively.

Missing the game due to my father in laws 70th birthday meal, which was re-arranged from yesterday due to him wanting to watch the rangers get humiliated. Might be a few trips to the toilet as I try to watch on my phone.

47 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

Every game is a hard game. The team has to be at their best in every game. There has been 2 games this year below the players own standards (morton and dunfermline) and we know the outcome. The other matches the players were on top form. So if after  every game the players can walk of the pitch knowing they did their best and played well I am happy but if they come of the pitch knowing they didn't  like after morton which I left with 20 min to go as it was dire then they get beat fair and square. Today is going to be difficult,  next week will be difficult,  all games will difficult this season. But players must be up for every game

Not convinced "every game is a hard game" as there will be games which are harder because of the quality of the opposition.

It's certainly fair to say playing Dunfermline is a hard game while playing Brechin is, well, less hard.

I agree. overall, that we can influence games as much as the opposition by the way we play but it's not always down to that.

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Apart from Shull the walloper.

This will be a very difficult game, likely to be goals as both teams are better going forward than they are defensively.

Missing the game due to my father in laws 70th birthday meal, which was re-arranged from yesterday due to him wanting to watch the rangers get humiliated. Might be a few trips to the toilet as I try to watch on my phone.

Mark my prediction. :)