QoS Game

Langbank

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Yes, one third of games we are losing goals in the first third.

add to that, the near misses that we have survived, there is no doubt, we take a long time to settle defensively and if our goal threat is nullified then we are very vulnerable-as evidence in 2 crucial games so far.

there are hopeful signs as well as serious alarm bells

We certainly are losing far to many goals but I don't think a goal scored in around 20mins can be classed as early.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

IF we got a win today we'd be in a great position to take advantage next week as Dunfermline play Dundee United while we host Brechin.

Looking even further ahead to the end of the season this would the 2nd last set of games, if we're still in the mix THAT would be a massive weekend and opportunity. :rolleyes:

One game at a time . 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

IF we got a win today we'd be in a great position to take advantage next week as Dunfermline play Dundee United while we host Brechin.

Looking even further ahead to the end of the season this would the 2nd last set of games, if we're still in the mix THAT would be a massive weekend and opportunity. :rolleyes:

Indeed, I was checking the end of season clashes over breakfast earlier. 

2-2 draw today.  Reilly and Morgan.

Last week was a boot to the stones, so it'll be interesting to see how the players respond.

Needless to say, it should be a flying start, with Saints pressing Queens and dictating the pace of the game - we are at home, after all. The front line will need to be as good as they've been as a unit, as I can see us shipping a couple of goals given the experience and potency of the Queens strike force.

Not too confident of the win today.

3,764 in attendance.

Guest TPAFKATS
2-2 draw today.  Reilly and Morgan.
Last week was a boot to the stones, so it'll be interesting to see how the players respond.
Needless to say, it should be a flying start, with Saints pressing Queens and dictating the pace of the game - we are at home, after all. The front line will need to be as good as they've been as a unit, as I can see us shipping a couple of goals given the experience and potency of the Queens strike force.
Not too confident of the win today.
3,764 in attendance.

Live on cooncil telly and the weather is pish. Don't see that many turning out.

Live on cooncil telly and the weather is pish. Don't see that many turning out.

There are always some dafties who will make the effort. My two daughters and I are on the Edinburgh train en route to Paisley for the match. What a cruel dad. If you feel sorry for them you can buy them a drink in the 1877 club. Crowd will be at least 3. COYS

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

There are always some dafties who will make the effort. My two daughters and I are on the Edinburgh train en route to Paisley for the match. What a cruel dad. If you feel sorry for them you can buy them a drink in the 1877 club. Crowd will be at least 3. COYS

Not daft at all . There's no comparison between being at a game and watching on the TV. Being at the game every time for me .

I applaud you and daughters loyalty. ????

Wasnt a put down Bud, i wasnt aware we were starting badly and when J&J were asked the question direct , they didnt dodge the issue at all. They know they need to be up for it from the off!
Hopefully starting from today !

Never took it as one so no worries there. As for the game, will go for a 2-1 win with a poor crowd of 2950. Don't see me going since the dampness will not do my old bones any good [emoji22]

Can't even attempt a prediction for this game. Our defence will be an entirely unknown quantity. I hope McCart is solid and Baird does the simple things well. Probably 4 at the  back which suits Irvine but not Stelios. IF we play as well as we can and the defence is reasonable we should win this. Here's hoping.