QoS Game

Langbank

Great result with a makeshift defence. With a bit more conviction we could have been out of sight before we decided to play too deep and surrender territory, thus allowing them to take the initiative. Never felt comfortable in the second half. Strange feeling having some misgivings after a 3-1 win. I guess that's how far we have come. When we start passing and anticipating the second  ball we are very good indeed. Defensively we need a bit more time to gel. We have the look of a team with a lot more to come. I love my team. Oh, and lastly my 12 year old who is Man Utd mad absolutely loves Stelios! Don't we all.

Great result, not as accomplished  a performance as we have seen at other games but we didnt collaps when queens came at us and may even have gone further ahead in the last 10 after we had weathered the storm. 

Lewis was ..... well, Lewis.  :thumbs2  McCart fitted in well and Todd was having a great game until his injury. Special mention for me must go to Jack Baird, some really commanding play up against two of the leagues most experienced and pain in the arse forwards.

COYS :thumbs2:thumbs2

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I wouldnt agree it was comfortably. There were a few spells in the game where we looked under pressure and sat off them a bit. Still deserved the win overall but need to work on keeping hold of the ball as like the ICT game it got a wee bit scrappy.

Cammy Smith and Liam Smith were brilliant. Solid debut bar one clearence from McCart, Captain led by example and normal service resumed by Lewis.

Think you're being harsh saying that wasn't comfortable. We went off it a bit after 3-0 but QOTS didn't really look like making it 3-2. We weren't great but we won easy.

Lewis Morgan was brilliant again. I thought Liam Smith had another good game too.

Stephen McGinn was superb today. He won some amount of tackles today and bullied their midfield the same way Dunfermline did to us last week.

Liam Smith sort of gets overlooked but the boy looks a really good player very rarely makes a mistake, always very comfortable in possession doesn't panic when under pressure maybe Hearts will let us keep him.

Wouldn't it be nice if the powers that be at BBC Scotland gave some mention of our league rather than simply concentrating on the SPL? Even a short highlight of the allotted game of the day in the Championship would be a start.  Even Sky show highlights of all 4 of their leagues. BBC Scotland is a joke 

The bandwagon rolls on.  :)

Special mention to two players in particular who are rarely in the limelight. First is Baird. Before the game most were thinking Dobbie and Lyle would give our defence a torrid time but I thought Baird was excellent with his own game and marshalling McCart who had a good first half but was caught out a couple of times in the second half.

And Second is Todd. Must be frustrating for Todd, Kirkpatrick and the two Stewarts getting little game time but I thought Todd did well and he was playing in a position he is unaccustomed to as well. Well done guys.

5 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Indeed, didn't play our best but got the result, isn't that a characteristic of a good side?

26 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

No disagreement there, was only giving my judgement on what they said and possibly why.

45 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

I disagree .. . The thing you have GOT to remember is that there is an opposing team trying to achieve the same thing you are

for me we gained a great 3 pts today

QOTS will take points from our rivals which suits me

we looked good today (in parts) but we still are  threat and it's still September........

Well done Stanelysaint.....

I couldn't have put it better myself. If we play below par and get 3 goals, just think what we might be like full strength and very much on form. :D 

Edited by Buddie Marvelous
amadafty

Any team that prevents Dobbie and Lyle from scoring has done pretty well.

Room for improvement, but we can't always dominate for 90 minutes.

We weathered the storm for periods of the second half. That wouldn't have happened this time last season.

Thought Baird had a very good game today. He powered through every header.

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Liam Smith sort of gets overlooked but the boy looks a really good player very rarely makes a mistake, always very comfortable in possession doesn't panic when under pressure maybe Hearts will let us keep him.

He is a cracking prospect . Comfortable on the ball, quick feet and decent distribution. He was however getting roasted by the big Queens (no25 ?) with every high ball. Great bit of management by J&J however who realised what was happening and sent Todd over to double up and snuff out the issue .

Baird shaded it for my MotM. He looked liked the experienced old head in that defence. Did the simple things very well and was very commanding in the air and on the ground. Well done, Jack!

McGinn was excellent this afternoon.  A real skipper's performance.

Lewis Morgan is a star. That's all that needs to be said.

Very happy with the result today. Not the best performance, but I wasn't confident that we'd get the win, so delighted with that.

On way home after a great day out. Immense first half. Thought Josh Todd was A1. Smith and Morgan were sublime. Central defence coped well and McCart looked the part. Todd going off kinda ruined the tempo and when Riley was substituted we looked vulnerable. Big Ross Stewart didn't have the same presence and we defended too deep. Still we weathered the storm and James McFadden can safely be called wee fat McFadden the spent force. Well done boys. 3 points you can't get any better

Just now, branniganm said:

If we can play like that and win 3-1 then we are in for a good season.  Rode our luck - early off side goal ,  50:50 regards their penalty claim ....

Anywho - COYS !!!!

Offside goal was at least two yards off side and TV pics showed "penalty" tackle was outside the box.

Would have taken that beforehand!

Smith (21), Baird (21), McCart (20) and Stelios did well against Queens' wily forward line aided by a stellar performance in front of them from McGinn.

Going forward, I think it's fair to say that in more games than not we'll get a goal out of the Morgan-Reilly-Smith triumvirate.

Only downer is the Josh Todd injury - he's apparently dislocated his shoulder again. He looked fit, has obviously performed in training and played well in the first half.

Just now, Julian Banjos said:

Would have taken that beforehand!

Smith (21), Baird (21), McCart (20) and Stelios did well against Queens' wily forward line aided by a stellar performance in front of them from McGinn.

Going forward, I think it's fair to say that in more games than not we'll get a goal out of the Morgan-Reilly-Smith triumvirate.

Only downer is the Josh Todd injury - he's apparently dislocated his shoulder again. He looked fit, has obviously performed in training and played well in the first half.

Will possibly need an op to tighten up his shoulder joint.