QoS Game

Langbank

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I'm not claiming it was great, but I did think some of the football was decent.

I'm also not wearing black and white tinted specs, just giving a view based on around 3 decades of watching Saints.

I seen two great finishes from Morgan, a solid display of leadership from McGinn, and a very effective performance from an often criticised player - Jack Baird.

Over the piece, that'll do me.

We'll leave it that then. I've been watching St.Mirren from the  1970's and still say it was brutal. We are carrying more than our fair share of luck. IMHO

2 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

We'll leave it that then. I've been watching St.Mirren from the  1970's and still say it was brutal. We are carrying more than our fair share of luck. IMHO

Really not too sure with the suggestion that we are carrying luck on our side. I didn't think we were great either yesterday or the ICT game but thought on both occasions we did more than enough to win, Falkirk and Dundee Utd we were far better than.

Away from home we have had four sendings, been convincingly beaten twice and saw out a good win at Livi.

Add in the suspensions and injuries and there is an argument to say that whatever luck we have had has been bad luck and with players coming back we can be very pleased with our first quarter so far.

11 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

So it was a good game of entertaining football? Bollox. You must be used to the shite we've been playing for the past few years. And what has Ibrox got to do with St.Mirren? Dafty

It wasn't a great game but there was some decent performances on display and some good football on occasion. For brutal football you obviously missed the tenure of Rae and Craig - now that was brutal.

32 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Maybe I'm easy pleased. I reckon following Saints has likely got me that way :)

14 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Were you at the same game as me ?  

Of course,

the amount of overhit, underhit and misplaced passes was pretty obvious.  add to that missed headers, mistimed challenges and a clear problem that most players seemed to have when reading a ball in flight.  Yes, there was some good play from some players, but what you can clearly see is that both sides had several players that simply need to spend some extra time on their technique.

QoS definitely made the game untidy because that is where big physical players get some leverage and it dragged us down to their level, to some extent. 

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

Really not too sure with the suggestion that we are carrying luck on our side. I didn't think we were great either yesterday or the ICT game but thought on both occasions we did more than enough to win, Falkirk and Dundee Utd we were far better than.

Away from home we have had four sendings, been convincingly beaten twice and saw out a good win at Livi.

Add in the suspensions and injuries and there is an argument to say that whatever luck we have had has been bad luck and with players coming back we can be very pleased with our first quarter so far.

Opposition managers.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

It wasn't a great game but there was some decent performances on display and some good football on occasion. For brutal football you obviously missed the tenure of Rae and Craig - now that was brutal.

And a lot of the time under Gus.

Opposition managers

Aaahhhh... Always a good source of balanced opinion.

The number of times I have listened to Gordon Strachan, Neil Lennon, Kenny Sheils or the wee nyaff fae Clyde and Accies... and thought, "Why did I not see it that way? Thank you for a fair and balanced sense of unbiased perspective!". Not.

It wasn't great, but to say it was "brutal" is a bit silly. We had some good spells but for the most part it was more of a "got the job done" performance.

JR summed it up when he said it wasn't our most cohesive performance this season. I think that's a fair reflection. Then again we've set a pretty high bar in that regard this season. It can't be sparkling football every week. Especially in those conditions.

If we will all the games where we don't play brilliantly 3-1, I'll be quite happy. 

33 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It wasn't great, but to say it was "brutal" is a bit silly. We had some good spells but for the most part it was more of a "got the job done" performance.

JR summed it up when he said it wasn't our most cohesive performance this season. I think that's a fair reflection. Then again we've set a pretty high bar in that regard this season. It can't be sparkling football every week. Especially in those conditions.

If we will all the games where we don't play brilliantly 3-1, I'll be quite happy. 

Well, I'm glad I didn't say the game was "brutal" for fear of feeling silly.  The league is brutal in terms of the overall quality on offer.  The fact that a leaden bunch like QoS are considered one of the better sides is proof of that.

48 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Aaahhhh... Always a good source of balanced opinion.

The number of times I have listened to Gordon Strachan, Neil Lennon, Kenny Sheils or the wee nyaff fae Clyde and Accies... and thought, "Why did I not see it that way? Thank you for a fair and balanced sense of unbiased perspective!". Not.

It was a tongue in cheek comment.

46 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Well, I'm glad I didn't say the game was "brutal" for fear of feeling silly.  The league is brutal in terms of the overall quality on offer.  The fact that a leaden bunch like QoS are considered one of the better sides is proof of that.

Bit sensitive seeing as it wasnae even you that said it was brutal :huh:.

As for the league being “brutal” that’s a whole other discussion and totally subjective.  On that basis you could argue the whole of Scottish football is brutal. But that’s not what we were talking about was it. 

Anyway, relatively speaking I think it is definitely silly to say we were brutal yesterday. That’s all I was saying. You have my permission to think differently. :thumbs2

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, we've to play Brechin and Dumbarton, Dunfermline have Dundee United and QOS.

I'd say, and we all know nothing can be taken for granted, we are sitting in a pretty reasonable position to be top after the first quarter. :ph34r:

To be treat with respect.  

banana.jpg

48 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The refereeing is brutal.