QoS Game

Langbank

23 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Really not too sure with the suggestion that we are carrying luck on our side. I didn't think we were great either yesterday or the ICT game but thought on both occasions we did more than enough to win, Falkirk and Dundee Utd we were far better than.

Away from home we have had four sendings, been convincingly beaten twice and saw out a good win at Livi.

Add in the suspensions and injuries and there is an argument to say that whatever luck we have had has been bad luck and with players coming back we can be very pleased with our first quarter so far.

In this section : Lots of comments positive and a few that sound a bit negative... I am somewhere in between.

Like you Wee Bud under the full circumstances, young guy thrown in to the middle of the defence and the result we have to be truly grateful for the 3 points and positive goal difference...this could have been a banana skin - not least because of the slippery park.

QOS had 14 shots and 9 on target - we had 10 shots and 4 on target,  and possession and fouls throughout the 90 minutes was fairly even.

QOS were strong and we stood up tall. There were bits of the game that were great and bits where the ball was just being punted up the park...but the wet conditions and the so called make-shift defence who were obviously taking no chances.. I fully support that... and that would have been Jack and James orders... So we never gave away daft goals playing out of defence.

On another day QOS could have taken their chances a bit better and we might not have scored 3 goals out of 4 shots on target. But we did this time.

My worry is not that we won't win most games in this league, but we will need to play better as a team if we are going to be good enough for the Premiership. Of course we won't play to our best every week and some very good players are still to come back from injury. I am not saying that in the most part we did not play well as a team, but I do think there was room for better passing and on a few occasions we were losing markers and allowing them chances.. we could tighten that up?

Individually we were good and I think Reilly and Cammy were taken off to protect them and give the younger guys a run because we had a decent advantage and the 3 points looked like they were in the bag. Stewart worked hard, but he is a wee bit raw yet at this level - so he needs game time. Kirkpatrick on the other hand is looking better each time he gets his chance... goals from him soon... he might slip in to Todd's slot at Brechin?

Devastated for Todd, but great we have Brechin next.. let's not take things for granted and aim for 5 or 6 nil.........

Delighted by the 2 central defenders and this week we should also have Ecks and Buchannan back?

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

My worry is not that we won't win most games in this league, but we will need to play better as a team if we are going to be good enough for the Premiership.

Honestly I think getting out of this division is the only thing we should be focussing on.

One game at a time.

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly I think getting out of this division is the only thing we should be focussing on.

One game at a time.

REALLY - so all we want is to get to the Premier League - even if we are straight back down the following season?

Jack and James and our Board of directors thankfully will have bigger and better plans than that..

We need to grow this Football Club into a solid top 10 performer once more.. So longer term plans must be thought through well in advance and that is why just winning most matches in this league is not the only thing that matters.. We need to grow stronger as a team and the younger guys have to get better or they will be shipped out if we move up.. There will be some changes, but having a good nucleus is almost always best.. hence the reason we got off to a much better start this season.. it followed on from the same core team that learned how to win since the January transfer window

Edited by Sweeper07
typo

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

One game at a time.

If we should only be  focussing is on one game at a time, then we would not be very well managed and not be planning for a brighter future, just hoping we win the next game...

I suspect now perhaps having considered the bigger picture I describe, you have reflected on what  you were saying.  Yet what you wrote does not convey anything of this and what I wrote makes complete sense.. we are good enough to win this league... Dunfermline and Dundee Utd are also strong contenders and there are a few others who might give us a run for our money... but we need to improve as a team to win this League and throughout the year in preparation for a good start next season. Especially as it will be a significant step up from this league.

It is telling that the play off teams in this league get beaten with the play off team from the Premiership each season in recent years..

So to summarise -  our sole focus is not on one game at a time.. for that is short-sighted and would be very poor management indeed...