St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Colts. Challenge Cup Rd 2

shull

Let's enjoy the Competition. 

Both Bigots are out. 

And they are the problem. 

We might beat Hearts and then get a great wee trip to Eire, Northern Ireland. Wales or even Alloa 

Edited by shull

I wonder if any St Mirren fans will go to this and get a staunner' if we win, pretending we've just beaten Heart of Midlothian FC in a cup competition? Hint... The Bootleg Beatles aren't the real Fab 4, and Gallus Cooper was merely a wonderfully named Scottish Alice Cooper tribute act. Final hint, the mob currently wearing five comedy stars and masquerading out of Govan urnae' the real Rangers. 

I am no Billy Big Baws... I can handle the fact St Mirren dropped out of the top flight. We deserved to be relegated. Despite me seeing us win the Scottish and League Cups, winning Division 1 titles, reaching many major semi finals and playing in Europe... I do not think we are big shots and should be automatically up there with Aberdeen and Celtic...

However, I retain a strong sense of pride and love for my hometown team, and we should simply not be lining up against fcuking U20 Colt teams. Never. Unless as a pre-arranged closed doors friendly, or something to fill a blank international week to get match fitness for some first teamers.

A fcuking joke.

Edited by pozbaird

Similar posts for some of last season, in fact I'm sure Poz has copied and pasted his posts or maybe he just repeats himself on a regular basis.

There was a decent crowd at the final last season and the occasion was enjoyed by the majority who attended.

If anyone cares to look at the threads for last seasons tournament it makes amusing reading.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Similar posts for some of last season, in fact I'm sure Poz has copied and pasted his posts or maybe he just repeats himself on a regular basis.

There was a decent crowd at the final last season and the occasion was enjoyed by the majority who attended.

If anyone cares to look at the threads for last seasons tournament it makes amusing reading.

Even funnier was the Champs under Rae , hindsight is often avoided on here

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I wonder if any St Mirren fans will go to this and get a staunner' if we win, pretending we've just beaten Heart of Midlothian FC in a cup competition? Hint... The Bootleg Beatles aren't the real Fab 4, and Gallus Cooper was merely a wonderfully named Scottish Alice Cooper tribute act. Final hint, the mob currently wearing five comedy stars and masquerading out of Govan urnae' the real Rangers. 

I am no Billy Big Baws... I can handle the fact St Mirren dropped out of the top flight. We deserved to be relegated. Despite me seeing us win the Scottish and League Cups, winning Division 1 titles, reaching many major semi finals and playing in Europe... I do not think we are big shots and should be automatically up there with Aberdeen and Celtic...

However, I retain a strong sense of pride and love for my hometown team, and we should simply not be lining up against fcuking U20 Colt teams. Never. Unless as a pre-arranged closed doors friendly, or something to fill a blank international week to get match fitness for some first teamers.

A fcuking joke.

Utterly fine. 

Don't go. 

:byebye

As embarassing as this is, we should and probably will field as strong a team as possible and pump them.

As fans we can only stop the colt team humiliation by not attending these matches.

That is the only way to send a message. Once teams tell those in charge that this tournament is losing teams money it will soon be changed. Very happy to have NI. Eire and Wales teams in the cup but Colt teams can GTF.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Reaching the final is fine as long as you are not expected to knock out substandard reserve teams from the top league. it's a joke I for one will not be attending and going by threads Shull is the only poster in favour of going that I have read so far. 

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Reaching the final is fine as long as you are not expected to knock out substandard reserve teams from the top league. it's a joke I for one will not be attending and going by threads Shull is the only poster in favour of going that I have read so far. 

Maybe not when he find out what the club is charging :rolleyes:

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

On the ferry with a roll & Sausage and full St Mirren regalia 

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

But you were quite happy to roll up for last seasons final?

Aye, a man of your word.  :lol:

You're not the only one who's almost fainting with fake rage who was quite happy to attend the final. :byebye

I mentioned in another post, wasn't it the semi final win against New Saints that was heralded as a key point in our season?

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Play the Under 20s and any first team boys needing match fitness.

It's a shame to be wasting a matchday like this really.

See below.

No waste as we'd not have a game,

1 hour ago, shull said:

International weekend 

No league games 

Got Super Saints 

Then Monday, off to Hampden for Scotland v Malta. 

For football lovers like all us it is utterly bliss. 

But you were quite happy to roll up for last seasons final?
Aye, a man of your word.  :lol:
You're not the only one who's almost fainting with fake rage who was quite happy to attend the final. :byebye
I mentioned in another post, wasn't it the semi final win against New Saints that was heralded as a key point in our season?

This season they have taken to a new level with more colt teams in.
Do you go to the games? lol shit I've asked that before haven't I? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

i wonder if we'd be fined for playing an under strength team if we put out our U20s in a similar way that some of the English teams have been threatened with in their equivalent competition leading to the farcical situation of substitutions after 2 or 3 minutes.

I wouldn't go and watch this match even if it's free on the season ticket as a form of protest against letting the U20s in the competition. To charge money would be an insult.

Wonder how Motherwell feel about having to pay for their youth team to play in Ireland, they must hope the subsidy for costs offered by the competition organisers covers the travel and possible accommodation.

Expect another tweak to the Colt team line-ups next season after both of the gruesome twosome were knocked out this year with 2 overage players. That'll be increased to 4 or 5 next season to try and get the final that the sponsors really want i.e. Celtic U20s vs Rangers U20s.