St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 26/8/17

shull

Got the tickets ordered. Just for your info. The tickets for the west stand are just about gone. As of Now the availability is as follows

W1 114 available

W2  68 available

W3 10 available

W4 4 available

W5 6 available

W6&7 None available

The Main stand is filling up too. Looks like anyone turning up on the day will end up in the south stand. It looks  like a good crowd will be there

COYS

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

one of my first and best away games was(a think)4-1 buds tannadice,Keith walker,Paul Chalmers scored,a think George shaw,in the 80's,can't remember much more,also a game at love street and Stevie Clarke scored a screamer but ref blew whistle for half time when ball was flying into Dundee utd net,anyone else got more details,ta

Reckon the 4-1 game must have been late 87 or 88 as we were wearing the infamous bib strip.

Cannae remember the Steve Clarke one though.

Someone mentioned the Fitzy volley game. Remember that one well. Unusually for me I was in the East terracing (don't know why as I usually went to the Northbank) and had a magnificent view of it flying into the net. Magic!!

Got the tickets ordered. Just for your info. The tickets for the west stand are just about gone. As of Now the availability is as follows
W1 114 available
W2  68 available
W3 10 available
W4 4 available
W5 6 available
W6&7 None available
The Main stand is filling up too. Looks like anyone turning up on the day will end up in the south stand. It looks  like a good crowd will be there
COYS

Surely the seats for W6&7 will be available at some point for sale, unless the club intend not to sell those seats since the fans with flags will likely be there.

one of my first and best away games was(a think)4-1 buds tannadice,Keith walker,Paul Chalmers scored,a think George shaw,in the 80's,can't remember much more,also a game at love street and Stevie Clarke scored a screamer but ref blew whistle for half time when ball was flying into Dundee utd net,anyone else got more details,ta

Was the Stevie Clarke 'goal' not in the 4-0 game. December 83?

40 minutes ago, SBS said:

Was the Stevie Clarke 'goal' not in the 4-0 game. December 83?

Indeed it was.We pumped Sellic 4-2 on the Sat,pumped United 4-0 midweek and then got a 2-2 at Tynecastle on the following Sat.

What a week.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Indeed it was.We pumped Sellic 4-2 on the Sat,pumped United 4-0 midweek and then got a 2-2 at Tynecastle on the following Sat.

What a week.

I'm struggling to remember this 4-0 game. I must've been there. I presume the 4-2 Celtic game you refer to was the Scanlon wondergoal game?

Remember nothing about this Utd game and a 4-0 pumping is pretty memorable.

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm struggling to remember this 4-0 game. I must've been there. I presume the 4-2 Celtic game you refer to was the Scanlon wondergoal game?

Remember nothing about this Utd game and a 4-0 pumping is pretty memorable.

Yeah the 4-2 game was the Scanlon one.

The United game was postponed a couple of times. Think it was due to be played a month earlier or something.

If I remember we were 2-0 up at half time, the Clarke 'goal' was a cracker, but the half time whistle went just as it crossed the line!!

17 minutes ago, SBS said:

Yeah the 4-2 game was the Scanlon one.

The United game was postponed a couple of times. Think it was due to be played a month earlier or something.

If I remember we were 2-0 up at half time, the Clarke 'goal' was a cracker, but the half time whistle went just as it crossed the line!!

Just looked up the details thanks to Balfy/HSS's nifty wee programmes site.

Once I saw McAvennie hat trick it came flooding back.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

What a week.

Those were the early days under Alex Miller - attacking, goals, entertainment. It didn't stay that way.....  

Big game for the league as a whole I think.

United are the biggest team in the Championship and the team most likely to run away with the title. Already, they're 8 points up on two teams (Falkirk and ICT) who were marked as challengers. The confidence they would then gain from beating us in Paisley on Saturday and going 4 straight wins would really set them up for the rest of the season....

Flip side: winning by the odd goal against pretty ordinary ICT, QotS and Brechin sides suggests they're solid at the minute if not brilliant. Meanwhile, their fans have been on the verge of open revolt against the running of the club for awhile now. It's simmered down so far this season with the three victories, but they were booed off at HT against Brechin.

If we can beat them then, psychologically, it'll really open up the league I reckon.

3 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Big game for the league as a whole I think.

United are the biggest team in the Championship and the team most likely to run away with the title. Already, they're 8 points up on two teams (Falkirk and ICT) who were marked as challengers. The confidence they would then gain from beating us in Paisley on Saturday and going 4 straight wins would really set them up for the rest of the season....

Flip side: winning by the odd goal against pretty ordinary ICT, QotS and Brechin sides suggests they're solid at the minute if not brilliant. Meanwhile, their fans have been on the verge of open revolt against the running of the club for awhile now. It's simmered down so far this season with the three victories, but they were booed off at HT against Brechin.

If we can beat them then, psychologically, it'll really open up the league I reckon.

We win this game and I think we will as we can score more goals it will be a huge confidence booster to us. If we can keep the boil going till the injury and suspensions are over firmly believe we can win the league. How good would that be :)

5 hours ago, HSS said:

What a week.

The ref who chalked off the goal, even although he was still blowing his whistle when it hit the back  of the net, was one Edgar Brolls from Bishopbriggs !

Those were the early days under Alex Miller - attacking, goals, entertainment. It didn't stay that way.....  

I seem to remember it was a 13 match unbeaten run ?

However it did include us also gubbing Rangers ( now deceased) 3-0 , i think Jock Wallace was their manager at the time

Anything could happen. Depends if the St Mirren that turns up is the one that turned up at Firhill in the League Cup, or the one that battled for a come-from-behind win v Falkirk, and a we-only-need-ten-men win v Ferranti Thistle at the Holy Moly Tony Woni Wacky Baccky Macaroni Energy Solutions Stadium.

Edgar Brolls is it??????? He should have got a boot in the Edgar Brolls for disallowing that goal itwas an absolute belter.

Going back to The Sellick game. Does my memory serve me correct? Were Sellick 2-0 up and we came back with Frank McDougall ( Legend ) AKA Zico scoring a Hat Trick before half time? And then onto Scanlon scoring from the Race Course.

I'm probably miles off the mark but I was only 12 and years of being MWI has probably clouded my memory.

Was in Dundee today and talking with an Arab customer / friend . He says they are a shambles just now and have managed 9 points by digging deep and scraping wins , says the football has been dire.. Reckons though they have the pace to beat us and  McMullan will rip Gary Irvine to shreds .... decided not to burst his bubble on that one !

Should be an interesting game, wonder which St.Mirren will turn up ! 

46 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

Edgar Brolls is it??????? He should have got a boot in the Edgar Brolls for disallowing that goal itwas an absolute belter.

Going back to The Sellick game. Does my memory serve me correct? Were Sellick 2-0 up and we came back with Frank McDougall ( Legend ) AKA Zico scoring a Hat Trick before half time? And then onto Scanlon scoring from the Race Course.

I'm probably miles off the mark but I was only 12 and years of being MWI has probably clouded my memory.

I think McDougall scored the one on half time. Clarke got the first and Scanlon scored late on. Can't remember who else but I'm pretty certain frank only got one. McCormack according to wiki wise words.

Edited by stlucifer
finish the scoring

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I think McDougall scored the one on half time. Clarke got the first and Scanlon scored late on. Can't remember who else but I'm pretty certain frank only got one. McCormack according to wiki wise words.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1983&GameID=198311190

Guest TPAFKATS
The key to this game is to put pressure on that big donkey "The edge" that they've got at CH. He is a total carthorse and as slow as a week in jail. Any time I've seen him, if a striker plays right on top of him and gives him no time on the ball, he goes to pieces, making clumsy tackles and miskicking the ball.
Hopefully, Gav will have a field day.
Big danger is Scott Mcdonald. He might be past his best, but he's still capable of popping up out of nowhere and notching a couple of goals. Our defence will have to be tight as a duck's arse.

I think the edge is one of the best defenders in the league.
Hopefully you are right though

Guest TPAFKATS
Was in Dundee today and talking with an Arab customer / friend . He says they are a shambles just now and have managed 9 points by digging deep and scraping wins , says the football has been dire.. Reckons though they have the pace to beat us and  McMullan will rip Gary Irvine to shreds .... decided not to burst his bubble on that one !
Should be an interesting game, wonder which St.Mirren will turn up ! 

Yeah the Arabs are raving about McMullan. Told a guy in work we'd have a review at turn of the year - I predicted he'd want him punted and he reckons he'll be one of the championship players of the year.