St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 26/8/17

shull

Kudos to whoever suggested Upper Room's Black & White as a pre match tune. Could see it becoming a bit of an anthem in the 17-18 championship winning season. Be great to see a capacity crowd belting it out. Was stuck in my head the whole game. It's stuff like that really gets under the opposition fans skin a la Halls of Montezuma at Killie some years back.

Absolutely superb goals even better than they looked "in the flesh". You don't get many of those to the pound. As for the guys commentating they are fans, no doubt most of us were reacting the same way. I commend their thoroughly partisan enthusiasm.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Absolutely superb goals even better than they looked "in the flesh". You don't get many of those to the pound. As for the guys commentating they are fans, no doubt most of us were reacting the same way. I commend their thoroughly partisan enthusiasm.

Understandable but the highlights are being put out as an official product of the club at least have a bit of professionalism about it.

1 hour ago, southside saint said:

Saints fan co commentates.
Celebrates like a fan
Saints fans berate Saints fan for celebrating goals and a performance that were a joy to watch.

How very dare heemoji23.png

Don't normally swear at games Morgan second goal I was jumping around saying what a f**kin goal. A guy near me was looking at me with a bit of shock. I was on a mega high with the Mallan style goal. 

1 hour ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Understandable but the highlights are being put out as an official product of the club at least have a bit of professionalism about it.

Absolutely it is but the primary audience are fellow Saints fans so I don't think it's too OTT and not that unprofessional in the circumstances. I put Radio Scotland on while enjoying a beer out in the garden an hour or so ago and you should of heard that wee currant bun Rae commentating on Ra Peepul. A more partisan, biased opinion you couldn't get and that's on a national public service broadcast platform. If all we have to complain about on a Sunday is how our commentators celebrate goals we are all doing something right. Long may the screaming banshee act continue I say.

Dan...

Move with the times bud...

Passionate commentating is the norm now. Listen to Open all Mics on bbc when the wee doonhamer wummin is commentating on QoS, Richard Gordon is creaming himself eloquently over the Dandy Dons, Tam Cowan gets a stauner over Well or Stuart Cosgrove uses a big word naebody has heard of due to his excitement of talking about the Fakes! (Didn't even mention wee Chic and his beloved team fae Govan!).

In the face of all that, give me a passionate "WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHH... WHAAAAAT A GOAAAAAAALLL" any time!

Guest TPAFKATS
Great save from a 1-on-1 at 0-0,  nothing else to do after that.
He has surprisingly decent keepie-uppie skills.

Better than Paulinho at his Barcelona unveiling.

Guest TPAFKATS
Morgan, McGinn and the rest deserve all the praise they've been given after yesterday's performance but I'm surprised nobody has given Cammy Smith a mention.  I thought he had a terrific game and worked his socks off harassing the United defenders. 
Great team effort. 

Yeah, not mentioned much as thats the minimum we get from Cammy every game.

Dan...

Move with the times bud...

Passionate commentating is the norm now. Listen to Open all Mics on bbc when the wee doonhamer wummin is commentating on QoS, Richard Gordon is creaming himself eloquently over the Dandy Dons, Tam Cowan gets a stauner over Well or Stuart Cosgrove uses a big word naebody has heard of due to his excitement of talking about the Fakes! (Didn't even mention wee Chic and his beloved team fae Govan!).

In the face of all that, give me a passionate "WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHH... WHAAAAAT A GOAAAAAAALLL" any time!

There's passionate commentating, then there's just screaming through the mic.

The examples you mention above are nothing compared to this guy.

That was bloody outstanding yesterday. Every player done their bit and more.

The back three were solid and I'm delighted Buchanan has came on after a poor start. Playing with a back three gives us the cover we need to allow Stellios and Smith to bomb up and down the wings to support the front three.

It was great to watch us close down the United defenders every time they had the ball, I lost count the number of times we won it back by doing this. The way that the back three turned into a back five every time United had the ball as well meant they didn't have any space to move the ball into in the final third.

Special mention to Morgan, what a player he is, deserves to be playing at a higher level. He literally just strolls past players and they can't even get close enough to him to bring him down.

I paid for hospitality yesterday so had a great day from start to finish. I was also at hospitality for the Raith and Ayr pumpings we handed out last season. I think I'll be paying for a few more hospitality games this season, if these performances continue every time I go. [emoji1]

Won a signed ball as well yesterday but gave it to one of the kids that didn't have one yesterday. I've got a feeling this team is going to achieve something special and it'll be worth a few bob in a few years time, so he better buy me a pint when he's old enough. [emoji1]

Gutted it's the international break next week, two very big league games coming up.